Fix MMR range for Toss and Zerg

hahaha sure thing , you keep believing that, what are you twelve? what a juvenile response

Parroting my response makes you look even less original than you already were, and you were already straining the singular brain-cell you had to come up with your lackluster responses as it was.

You see it’s called sarcasm and shows how weak you and your responses are. Looks like I hit a nerve ? you using the big guns insults now huh

You definitely don’t know what that is if you think that’s sarcasm.

Oh I haven’t even gotten started mate.

I’m sitting here laughing at you, actually. You just keep digging that hole deeper.

A Bradford-Hill analysis of the APM/win-rate correlation:

• Strength. There must be very low odds of occurring by chance. APMs correlation with mmr is 0.65 and there is a statistically significant correspondence between lower APM for the same performance level within the Protoss group (237 p vs 290 t/z in gm). :ballot_box_with_check:

• Consistency. Findings of the above correlation must be consistent across multiple sources. Data from sc2replaystats, blizzard’s own employees, and a variety of other sources are in agreement that the correlation between winrate and APM is very large, but lower within the protoss grouping. :ballot_box_with_check:

• Specificity. A factor is likely to be causative of an outcome if the outcome occurs within a specific population with no reasonable explanation other than involvement of the factor in question. Protoss in GM score lower in every known skill metric ranging from apm to supply blocks to spending quotient to screen movements; the only possible explanation is that it requires fewer substantive tasks within the game, as protoss, to achieve the same rank as a terran or zerg. This relationship is especially stark when contrasting the effects on pro level play, where high level protoss often forget key upgrades or lose multiple oracles due to unforced errors that are APM-related. :ballot_box_with_check:

• Temporality. The outcome must occur chronologically after the cause. The actions inputted into the game cause the win or the loss of that game which affects ranking and so the substantive actions within the game clearly have a temporal relationship with the probability to win. :ballot_box_with_check:

• Gradient. The relationship between the cause and the effect should be proportional, meaning if the cause increases a little then the effect increases a little as well; if the cause increases a lot then the effect increases a lot. APM and winrate have a very proportional relationship all the way from bronze up to serral. :ballot_box_with_check:

• Plausibility. The association must have a known mechanism that causes the effect. Obviously being able to do more tasks within a game where time is the most important resource results in better performance, thus higher APM causing higher performance is plausible. :ballot_box_with_check:

• Coherence. The interpretation of the relationship cannot conflict with what is already known about the relationships. According to industry experts ranging from the creators of Command and Conquer to the lead designer of Supreme Commander, “The manual dexterity and ability to multitask and divide one’s attention is often considered the most important aspect to succeeding at the RTS genre”. Additionally, the AlphaStar research team found that Protoss achieved the highest performance with the lowest APM, thus recreating the relationships observed in ladder data, which is, in effect, a defacto experimental study. Clearly this theory is in coherence with industry experts. :ballot_box_with_check:

Translation, the 0.65 correlation between APM and win-rate meets the Bradford-hill criteria for causality, and thus APM causes the majority of SC2 performance. For a given skill level, such as Grandmaster, Protoss are lower in skill metrics (like APM) and this is proof that lower skill achieves the same performance level, which is analogous to saying Protoss is overpowered. This effect is so extreme that Protoss in GM have been measured to have lower APM metrics than Masters-level Zergs, which suggests the effect that Protoss has on performance is rather extreme.

Possible explanations:

• High supply cost units. Protoss armies are made of fewer units which are bulkier and more durable. This means fewer units to build, fewer units to micro, fewer units to position and maneuver. The durability increases the time-window where an action can take place to save the unit with micro. This obviously reduces the multitasking requirements of the race, making it less likely that they make multitasking-related errors.
  • Units that are designed to have no micro, such as zealots and their “auto-charge” ability. Remove the auto-cast from charge, make charge have to be casted on a target enemy unit, so that it operates similar to blink, and we’d probably see an increase in the difficulty required to play protoss.
  • Plain old overpowered. Carriers and storms have a very high power level, and this makes the units easy to use. It’s very hard to mess up when messing up still results in a favorable outcome due to the sheer strength of the abilities involved.

How do we fix this:

• Stop listening to protoss whiners who cry about “muh serral wins muh premier tournament”. Clearly the pro level performance is a skill issue. Their whining is not going to help solve the real issue (which is skill).
  • Prioritize the ladder gaming experience over the crybabies in the pro scene. The actual players of the actual game are far more important to the survival of the game than the elitists at the top. The elitists at the top are professionals who are paid to solve the game problems with their absurd skill; the idea that we cater balance to them is absurd when the entire premise of their profession is the polar opposite of what is healthy for the game.
  • Increase the micro and multitasking of Protoss units until the correlation between APM (and other skill metrics) and MMR is roughly equal to what it is for Terran and Zerg. Remove auto-cast from abilities like charge. Reduce the power level of carriers and storms. Remove auto-micro from the interceptors / make protoss have to use micro on the individual interceptors. Etc.
  • Decrease the multitasking requirements of terran and zerg. Add auto-cast to the inject ability, for example.

THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING MY TED TALK

(and please place your counter-arguments in the trash bin on your way out)

BONUS (LMFAO): https://i.imgur.com/7iF8S7R.jpeg

You stated you had provided evidence for your claims. Link where you did or admit you lied

We have done that mutliple Times.

Something Like lead Designers speaking about the Design of terran in StarCraft, the fact that Players preference is a Huge Impact and 37% Players Play terran and 27% Play zerg so you cant compare those 2. Terran is the Tutorial/campaign Race. Terran being Most familiar to us as Humans but also how to Play they them since they are basically Like any Other RTS faction. another fact is that Low Level Players suck :smiley: also terran Players dont achieve less If you group them by experienced Players and inexperienced Players.

So all in all its Not a single Bit surprising that terran has the Most amount of casual/Low Level Players and thus dragging down the average mmr. No one seems surprised by that. Only Bourne …

So link it where you do? You keep saying you did but when I ask you did (even when you responded to what I said to Miro) so just link where you did so. If you did it “many times” then it should be easy to provide proof thereof.

All of those Things i wrote are facts. Right after i Said: we have done it multiple Times.

What Else do you want ? I cant make Sense Out of you. I guess you are Just angry because No one in the world believes you and you have 0 evidence for your Claims whatsoever.

And I’m saying: “No you haven’t. Not even one time.” And you’re a liar. The only ‘evidence’ you ever submitted was “hey! I split players by mmr now they have the same MMR.”

Probably the stupidest argument available in the English language.

1 Like

I have done this multiple Times. What is wrong with you right now ? Is it Not a fact that terran has 37% of total Population? Is it Not fact that terran is the First campaign Race where the Story literally revolves around Them ? Is it Not fact that terran is Most familiar to us Humans and to Other RTS factions? Is it Not fact that If you suck at the Game you will be placed at the bottom ?

If you Question These facts i dont know If you even live in the real world.

So, first I tell you prove that Terran players have “A lack of play time, a lack of time to play, bad macro, rubbish builds, a lack of game knowledge, unfamiliarity with the game.”

Then you tell me you (pl) already have. Then I tell you to show me that you have. Then you tell me you don’t have to because Miro said it. Then in order to prove that Terran players have “A lack of play time, a lack of time to play, bad macro, rubbish builds, a lack of game knowledge, unfamiliarity with the game” you provide proof by saying that the first campaign is Terran.

That’s what you consider evidence? Are you having a stroke?

The 50% of terrans (or any player really) in silver and bronze have flawless macro, micro and build orders? That would be news for me :smiley:

Also dont twist the words. Its not about ALL terrans. Its about why terran is so overrepresented in silver and bronze

2 Likes

Strawman much? I asked you to prove this:

You come back with this:

No one was saying anything of the sort.

It’s cool. Just admit you lied.

Watch any iodis series with Low mmr people. Watch any mmr guessing Video from harstem. Even If they are pros and pretty much disconnected from the average Player they still can pretty much guess Well enough how good or Bad a Player is and where the Player belongs. What do all Bronze and silver Players have in common ? Their Micro, macro and build Order is terrible.

2 Likes

Read

And

Now with that, you have a brain in your skull. Use those neurons. I know you can do it.

2 Likes

Yeah, it makes sense that I should prove that Terran players aren’t unquantifiably inferior. You should be able to just say it and I should have to take your word for it. Terran players are inferior. In what way? Don’t know. DO they play less? Nope. Are they “newer?” Nope.

They’re “just bad.”

Good Job Eliwan,

You’ve officially crossed into complete idiocy and name calling along with the others.

twitter. com/IEM/STATUS/970101525166075904

Can’t wait for the Platinum Protosses to come and explain why their understanding of the game is so much better than Showtime’s. He’s probably just stupid when it comes to Starcraft. Or he’s more biased. Yeah. That’s it.

1 Like

An honest protoss. Rare as a unicorn.

2 Likes

Then why are they flooding silver and bronze League ?

Easy. He says its much Harder for terrans to get to the pro Level. He doesnt say anything about terrans being in silver or Bronze.

But the Question is, is this 6 year old Statement still true after all Balance Patches ? In 2018 and 2019 there were the dark ages of terran. Nearly the Same for protoss now.

But im happy for you that you can Cherry Pick and actually get some anectodical evidence for once after 2 years debate :smiley: gj.

1 Like