Coop commanders locked at level 5

All my Coop characters have been reset to level 5 and when I play a mission with them I am told, I can only progress them if I buy them.
That includes the ones that are free all the times, the one that I unlocked when it was temporarily given away for free and one that ones I did buy.

2 Likes

Well those commanders are paid commanders so you can only go above level 5 if you pay moolah.

This one might be a bit of a concern and might be a bug. Might want to look through the forums, I sort of remember someone having this problem. Just to make sure there is no miscommunication, the free commanders are:

• Raynor
  • Kerrigan
  • Artanis
  • Swann
  • Zagara
  • Vorazun
  • Karax

This one is a given. There is a reason why it is called ‘temporary’. I am assuming you are referring to the earlier days of COVID where they let people play all commanders for free (and past level 5) to sort of promote staying at home.

Might want to check if there is some sort of restore purchases function I guess. I’m not sure because I never bought any of the commanders haha.

You seem to misunderstand what I meant with temporarily given away for free.
There was an event at which Blizzard allowed you to permantently unlock Karax, if you claimed him during the event. I already had him on level 15 for more than a year.
And it is telling me to buy the free ones, Karax and the ones I already payed “moolah” for.

I have searched for other reports of this bug and they all ended with the Blizzard Support fixing it and then locking the thread, which is why I am making a new one.

Also all those heroes were already above level 5 before this bug “demoted” and locked them, which should tell you all you need about whether I properly owned them in the past…

3 Likes

Well, there is no need to use the word ‘temporarily’ then. Basically there was an event, it was given for free.

================================================================================

From what I have searched from recent posts, it might possibly be a cache issue. You might want to clear your cache and give it a try again.

Instructions on how to do so can be found here:

Plus, just make sure that you are logging on to the same region as you did in the past.

3 Likes

Since I just installed the game on my new harddrive I was pretty sure a cache-reset would not help, since there shouldn’t even be anything cached yet… but figured why not give it a try anyway… and it worked.

Thank you.

1 Like

ive noticed that with a fresh install, it dosnt always update the info correctly at first. what works for me is if it doesn’t update my info in a min or 2, i exit the game and bnet after logging out of both, then relog in. that typ. causes it to populate w\e file it needs to retrieve my info for the game, and is likely the same thing that delating the cache did for a new install as well.
glad you got it working!

1 Like

it is a known issue. your best solution is to restart the game and yes, it have happened to me too. i have purchased all commanders already.

Hey, I just started playing the Coop missions in Starcraft 2. I’m aware that Raynor, Kerrigan and Artanis are free, just now played until I made Artanis lvl 5 and a message popped saying it was capped on that lvl, and to further that I need to purchase something, which is a bug because only purchasable commanders should be capped to lvl up.

Hey all,

Bliz responded to the commander level issue over in the Technical Support forum. That’s where you want to watch for any updates.

1 Like