Why Mercy Super Jump Needs Deleted

As does SuperJump, since you still NEED to GA to a teammate to preform it. It’s still not a movement she can do independently.

1 Like

Isn’t the whole point of momentum after GA (or any movement ability for that matter) that you can reach places without needing your teammates to be right there? :face_with_monocle:

In any case, this argument is poor.

The more survival abilities bestowed upon supports the better.

You’d have to search the forums to find it, but someone claims (with screenshots) that Customer Support told them Super Jump was an unintended result… but is now considered permissible and part of her kit. So, if that is true, then maybe give the argument a rest and learn to overcome and adapt :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Been officially commented on, it’s an allowed tech and they are using that as a gift to mercy which honestly, she’s weak as hell, next patch, even weaker again because theres more healing required and she doesn’t deliver.

But it’s been officially stated as allowed and they’re leaving it in on purpose, so it doesn’t “Needs Deleted” (sorry I can’t help myself it sounds funny) and it likely never will be. But I’m pretty sure the patch after next will have flat mercy buffs OR a healing rebalance patch.

2 Likes

I gotchu

VenusArmani was the one to do it :3

2 Likes

Some people should stop thinking Mercy is a free kill for DPS & Tanks.

More mechanics for higher skilled gameplay.

1 Like

imagine if people on these forums devoted the same amount of energy they spend complaining about Mercy super jump to changing society. we’d be traveling in space by now, enjoying Star Trek levels of space communism by now.

Mercy super jump is fine.

I can understand that it seems to “not fit the designe of the ability” but it has been accepted by the majority of the community and also Blizzard themselves.

I personally think that it looks super funny when she just shoots up straight into the air, haha!

Superjump wont get removed, get over it.

However, if it by chance does get removed, there will be a sh!tstorm on these forums of the likes you people that want it gone have ever seen, and I will be damn sure to be in the thickest of it, its riot time. Ive taken so many grains of salt with this hero, from the initial rework announcement on seagulls channel, all the way to the last anti fun nerf, ok whatever. Anything happens to superjump, its go time hahahahaha

You do realize that Blizzard has said that Superjump isn’t a Bug and is a intended use for GA? They’ve literally said it is allowed to be used and isn’t a bug/exploit/glitch, it’s a different use of the mechanic.

And if you do need proof that Blizzard has said this is allowed, here it is, just stop, it isn’t going to get removed.

(h ttps://i.imgur.com/T6vHRUw.jpg)

This is just plain wrong and shows that we need to educate the community more. If you have never done a 90 degree bunny hop (complete legitimate mechanic) then go and practice that. It is possible to GA and change direction mid flight and get momentum in that direction. Changing direction to up using the crouch key or doing “the clean jump” (see The cleanest Mercy Super Jumps: No Floor Clipping!) is valid and recently confirmed in a blizz support ticket.

Also the Mercy setting “GA prefers beam target” allows for anyone to GA around corners and do some funky tricks (all legtimate). All of these things contradict the idea of “you are only allowed to bunny hop in the direction you are already moving”.

So your underlying premise is just wrong.

This ledge dash also sent Genji much farther then his original dash was.
Much farther. He would be sent incredibly high up with no possible way to counter it.

Superjump doesn’t send mercy higher then where she could’ve gone were an ally there anyways. Not to mention she’s not coming down from the heavens to potentially make up for her ultimate’s weaknesses and thus get more use out of it in ways the enemy has no way to counter.

Ultimately the reason ledge was disallowed where as superjump is allowed was due to the gravity of which the mobility granted was affecting gameplay. Let’s not compare a missile to throwing a rock.

1 Like

I love Mercy’s SuperJump! Nothing quite like a highly noticeable and predictable ability with zero cover to make a hitscans day.

-Sincerely,
A Soldier main.

this is good

independent mobility is really good

Just chatting here…

Question. Is it the height she gains that your not liking?

This is a question for everyone here, just to see how unpredictable the movement is.

When Mercy Superjumps, which direction does she go?

2 Likes

You can change direction with both.