Why Mercy Super Jump Needs Deleted

Ask around and you’ll find it to be true, at least for the past 2 years or so

Sombra’s constant nerfs disagree.

She has actual wings. She can fly. It actually makes more sense design wise that she uses those wings to perform this move. She has wings, may as well use them.

Also, why do people still only complain about this one move. There are so other mechanics on other characters. WHY OH WHY does there need to be 400 threads on just superjump.

It’s also a dead horse at this point. Leave the poor dead horse be.

1 Like

Super jump is highly predictable and consistent and works off the exact same mechanic that Blizzard purposefully implemented to replace the previously bugged momentum that came with the rework. Are you seriously going to claim Ledge jump was anywhere near the same?

Super jump is merely an extension of the bunny hop mechanic.

2 Likes

I like superjump but out of sake of stopping to hear this bad idea of removing superjump i suggest we alter her ability entirely

Rather then needing to have an ally to target to she can just propel herself in any direction she chooses, including up.

^^^ keeps GA about the same, removes the “bug” arguement, and allows everyone of all skill levels to fly upwards if they want.

Lets do that then these topics will stop and every is happy/mad as usualy when things are changed.

1 Like

Completely agree. Super jump isn’t even hard to see coming.

I suppose we should remove Winston’s animation cancel mele on his jump pack landing too?

ah yes but doomfist’s wall sliding and his diagonal punches are balanced

i don’t see anyone complaining about that, despite it being much easier to perform with much larger reward

1 Like

Well I don’t know all the bugs that are in the game. Doomfist should not be able to do what you described, so yep, should be removed.

This was changed when they intentionally made it so you can boost off of your teammates with bunny hopping. The direction is irrelevant, since you can just bunny hop off a Pharah above you to reach the same outcome.

i would argue that mercy should be able to superjump because she has the potential to fly (ie- valk)

and she has wings

she doesnt go directly to someone with her base kit when she flies up with valk

I’m indifferent to superjump staying (even though I like the ability), but I think there’s a flaw in your argument. Mercy only needs an ally to be slightly above her to use bunny hop to get to high ground. They can literally jump, and you can bunnyhop off of them and get momentum to reach an area they are not at.

In an instance like that, she’s not using super jump, but is still very clearly moving way past her teammate. Technically her teammate is moving down (falling) as she moves up past them.

Mercy is bottom 5 on the support hero list, why would superjump need to be deleted if

a) it’s not oppressive to the enemy
b) it enhances her skill ceiling
c) not game breaking and doesn’t give players vast competitive edge over others
d) it’s just yet another game mechanic exploit every character has and uses, not different from hitbox manipulation or strafing in zero movement acceleration environment

Superjump existing doesn’t make mercy good or non-candidate for buffs, as it has nothing to do with mercy being underpowered atm. She lacks impact with her abilities, not her movement.

Plus superjumping is fun mechanic in otherwise boring hero. Besides removing movement options from a hero who lives or dies based on said movement and is the only reason they remain playable, would be a stupid call to make.

1 Like

i only agree for the fact that it shouldn’t be a “tech”

instead, it should be an ability where she simply presses jump or crouch or something during GA, even for an extra second on the cooldown or something, just so that she can use it much more consistently

i don’t agree with any “tech” in this game, because most other heroes have had theirs removed

Doomfist got some removed
(yet for some ridiculous reason, some added and ignored)

Genji had his removed

Brigitte had hers removed

Moira is probably one of the only ones with something similar still in the game

probably others i can’t remember

i guess Orisa, if you count when she goes flying with Halt and uses her Fortify to slingshot herself

but other heroes just simply don’t get the luxury of special “tech” options like this that can abuse wonky mechanics/momentum

but this is something i wouldn’t hate seeing Mercy with, baseline

I’d be fine with that if they made GA re-activatable to dash in the direction shes facing.

Okay, then while we’re at it let’s remove Genji’s ability to double jump and everyone’s ultimate cuz dat ain’t scientific neither.

Chill, man. Video games would be hella boring if they were restricted to that’s physically possible IRL.

What if we gave Super-Jump a proper animation so she doesn’t clip through the ground and then leave everything else be?

Everybody wins.

It is hard to believe my eyes this dispute is still ongoing…

Other heroes got plenty techs, mostly animation cancels but rein for instance can free himself from graviton surge by using a shatter, dva can use melee right after she presses booster and not have it cancel booster for small burst dmg, and genji can ghost dash and stop his deflect by wallclimbing and plenty heroes can also rooftop surf. All heroes can use hitbox manipulation, some more than the rest and zero acceleration to their advantage.

Mercy’s game mechanics are not undesirable or game breaking or oppressive or even going against her design as a support who can fly between teammates to assist them and being mobile hero with a short cooldown, plus she still needs teammates to fly to in order to superjump which doesn’t exclude teammate requirement from the mechanic and she has free flight on her ultimate.

It’s vastly different for hero like brigitte who’s considered very grounded, fairly immobile outside shieldbash and has fairly little range without whipshot, so her propelling herself into widow perch to smack her around in a stun combo is like reinhardt suddenly flying. The point is to keep distance from brig because she’s very adept in close range, especially before nerfs but shield bash jump made it near impossible to keep your distance, same goes for the whipshot dash thing that made her propel forward at high speeds while using a whipshot. Which is why it was removed, it was undesirable behaviour. She can still press space to gain momentum slide from shieldbash however, like multiple other heroes.

Wish blizzard would be more consistent about stuff, why is it removed for some heros but not others.

Part of video games is finding unintended things and making it a feature from the player base. There is a LOT of unintended mechanics in OW that are considered untold features. Dva float technique, Moira fade jump, Genji ghost dash, etc. None of these things including super jump negatively effects the game. They shouldn’t be removed because they are unintended features. Sym being able to put turrets in the wall or teleport a bastion in the wall was bad because it negatively impacted the game and made things impossible to kill. There is a reason why you see these untold features used in the OWL and not indestructible turrets. Super jump might not have been intended at first, but it is considered by the devs as a feature or it would not have been taught by the official OWL Youtube/Stream. It highers her skill ceiling and also helps keep her viable. She still needs a team mate to perform it and it’s counterable as she falls in a predictable pattern. In the comments you mentioned it makes her hard to be killed by close range heroes as if close range heroes are even a counter to Mercy. They never were even before her SJ.

1 Like