Why Mercy Super Jump Needs Deleted

There is no argument that a person can give that makes Super Jump on Mercy make sense for the character’s design. The logic is undeniable:

Guardian Angel requires a teammate in the position you intend to move to. Super Jump breaks this rule by allowing Mercy to reach another level of ground that none of her teammates are even close to.

Now, I’m not wanting Mercy to be a very weak hero, but this is a mechanic that is totally a big mistake to leave in the game. If you look at a past post I made, I suggested Mercy improvements to help her out because she is struggling at the moment.

6 Likes

this is such a weird thing for people to complain about

93 Likes

So… how does Angelic descent work then? Or the bunny-hop?

3 Likes

It gives you some extra movement in the direction Mercy is already moving. Bunny Hop is totally ok. If you are moving vertically with Guardian Angel already, then getting extra vertical height with Bunny Hop is no problem, it helps Mercy feel more fluid and does not allow her to break rules.

I think this guy doesnt or havent played mercy at all lol to he honest i havent got a problem with mercy haven superjump i havent a clue why you do probably cant kill her. A mercy super jumping is a easy target for snipers so its not like its op

12 Likes

Which one of your abilities did the enemy Mercy dodge?

32 Likes

Remove super jump and thats what she is. Super jump is HARD to execute consistently in the middle of a team fight so please stop.

13 Likes

I thought we were trying to provide scientific proof for why Mercy can fly. Her static wings that are absolutely not aerodynamic certainly does not provide any lift, and she’s not using her beam as some form of tractor-beam technology to glide… Perhaps we should just remove Mercy’s ability to fly entirely because unlike Pharah she has no propellent that would permit her to fly other than “magic”

2 Likes

Mercy’s kit should be buffed and Super Jump should be removed.

If she dodges with Super Jump, doesn’t matter; it is a totally ridiculous, rule-breaking movement technique that should not exist.

1 Like

Naw he plays Mercy and made a Mercy topic with buffs that would make her wildly overpowered, so it’s safe to say he doesn’t dislike her.

I think superjump is fine personally. It’s a bug but I don’t think it gives her any untoward power and it’s a nice extra element for a character who is otherwise pretty simple.

3 Likes

Actually… forget all of my replies… I’m gonna call

BAIT

on this thread
12 Likes

Oh he a mercy main complaining aboit mercy that makes total sense

It’s not bait at all. Why is it every time someone has a disagreeing opinion people get extra hostile because the character is their main?

I think he’s complaining because he would rather give her inherent power baked into her kit and this seems like a compromise that they personally could get rid of to see that power. See comments like this

I really don’t understand why there are people that want this removed. It’s not like it’s overpowered, and Mercy isn’t even a strong pick at the moment. For what reason do you want to nerf a hero that isn’t even good at the moment besides the fact that it’s a “bug”?

5 Likes

Well, I kind of think every topic about Mercy changes are baits these days, because the ONLY thing they ever accomplish is drama and arguments. This thread is definitely no exception.

Also, when the OP states:

It’s all set up for a flame-war… the OP basically states “I’m right, and nothing you say will change that”…

1 Like

Yeah this is what I said above. It’s bait to you just because it’s your character.

I mean there’s really very few characters where everyone is going to agree with the direction of a character or whether they should be nerfed or buffed. The drama and arguments start primarily because people can’t accept that other people have different opinions.

Accusing someone of making a bait thread is the type of post that starts drama in the first place. It’s not the topic, it’s people being unnecessarily divisive.

I mean it’s pretty extreme, but some people are going to feel like that. This person also made a topic in which Mercy was wildly buffed. To the point where even Mercy mains were like this is wayyyyy too much.

Honestly, it’s rediculous against close range enemies because you don’t care about how your teammates are position you just do the dumb ctrl + shift button combo at the same time and then you hit space. Doesn’t matter where your team is positioned, you get a free pass to get away from close range heroes.

I don’t want to nerf Mercy, I want to buff her, as you can see in my past threads. Having a ludicrous unexpected movement ability that breaks how her movement for Guardian Angel is intended is a problem.

Well, I then suggest the OP removes the sentence about

Because that’s just bait material… NOTHING ELSE!

You mean there’s no argument that YOU are personally willing to accept because you’re already firmly set in your beliefs.

Super jump is just a part of the (now) intended rework momentum and gives her a little more agency over her still highly teammate reliant mobility. And by all accounts, Blizzard appears to be completely fine with and in fact intending her GA to funtion as such and ultimately, Blizzard and what they want for her is law.

1 Like

The statement that I made, which is bolded in the original post, is undeniable.