What do you think is the core problem in OW right now?

I want to know because everyone seems to be saying something different, at least to me. Personally, a big problem in OW is the state of the tank role. This is easily the worst it’s ever been and REALLY needs some attention.

22 Likes

Too many jack-of-all-trades/hybrid heroes.
Often resulting in buffing older heroes that become too strong.
Or nerfing the jack-of-all-trades/hybrids in a weird way.

Edit:
Also includes the kinda “busted” abilities they often have:
Sigma’s rock can only be blocke by shields - neither be eaten or deflected.
Echo’s focusing beam has basically zero counterplay, since it goes through shields.

Older attacks/abilities have often more counters or are not so strong in compensation for going through shields for example.

46 Likes

The stagnation and lack of meaningful updates in years.

68 Likes

Huh? Soldiers existed for the entirety of the game as a jack-of-all-trade hero, he’s doing fine.

8 Likes

Ana, Moira, or Lucio aren’t meta which screws the tank role. That and all the tankbuster/spam buffs that have buried the role into the dirt even more

4 Likes

Time to kill is too low.

20 Likes

I mean heroes like release- Brig -Sigma, etc.

4 Likes

Constant nerfing to tanks who can tank, rather than buffing tanks that can’t tank.

33 Likes

I said it before, I’ll say it again.
Cough cough, D.va buffs cough, cough.
(I used Markdown cause I felt lazy and didn’t want to type HTML tags.)

1 Like

The fact that after Sigma’s release the whole role basically got degenerated for how busted he is. When all the tanks have basically suffered because of him it also reflects upon the rest of the heroes that now don’t have any main tanks in the meta to protect them, actively eliminating majority of the DPS viability and limiting support viability

27 Likes

The big issues that are NEVER being addressed since 2017.

• Match maker is TERRIBLE. I don’t want WINS. I want matches that FEEL fair. Not some level 1 NUB dropped in with their buddy that is a level 15 and they are completely oblivious as to how overwatch works… or they are a SMURFF pretending to be awful at the game, only to play good for 10 seconds, and still cause a LOSS.

NEXT!!!..

• Constant re-patching of the game. This is what Got world of Warcraft into LOTS of trouble and drove away that player base. Nobody wants to show up and play their favorite character only to have it “DELETED” from the game 6 months from now, since players refuse to learn how to use METAS and COUNTERS, so they complain to staff so much. And the staff NERFS the character just to appease the masses.

MORE…

• Handling of Toxicity. Instigators need to be addressed head-on. If you complain in a match enough. A simple detection of IF a player used the chat-line and if they were the FIRST to do so!

“you have been reported multiple times for instigating an argument during a match, you have been muted for X amount of days from using TEAM and MATCH channels”.

• Fix Competitive. Because players NEED to be able to actually PROVE themselves and their player habits over a longer period of time.

Finally.

• A system that is “AVOID THIS PLAYER” and not just 3 simple slots either. Try UNLIMITED. There are PLENTY of individuals that play this game, it isn’t 2017 anymore and the game is considerably BIGGER. If players don’t want to act CIVIL. Than they can be banned BY the community. Except people don’t want it. Because they want to boss others around in matches, complain and have their rage-fits while a sense of entitlement to wins no matter what…
18 Likes

But soldier is still a jack of trades hero. Why is he excluded?

But a master of none.

1 Like

TTK is extremely quick for tanks, and near instantaneous for squishies. Duels are basically decided by who can get off two body shots first. This makes poke extremely dangerous and shields a necessity. Since even shields die so quickly now, closing distance is almost impossible, rendering short range heroes (particularly “off-tanks”) obsolete and making mid-to-long-range hitscan much more reliable for securing kills. The result is an ordinary shooter game that favors consistent headclicking over clever ability management.

I believe that the solution is a universal toning down of damage, one that will give individual heroes some breathing room to:

• Have interesting duels with counterplay that involves ability usage
  • Get into close range if they’re that kind of hero
  • Not demand healing after getting shot once
  • Be able to walk around and find health packs (maybe even enjoy the map a little)
  • Not have to cower behind an unbreakable shield, or complain that that’s what the red team is doing
21 Likes

Isn’t that the same for the heroes you mentioned? All I can think of is brig being a master of anti dive.

jack of all trades master of none is soldier
sigma and brig are “masters of all” as they say

4 Likes

Huh? How are they masters of all?

It is balance.
Hitscans and Echo are so op.
Zen a little bit op
Tanks are just sad

6 Likes

Tanks have crippling depression.

7 Likes

The core problem right now is that there are NO signs of Overwatch 2 like, at ALL.

9 Likes