đź‘‘ Top 500 Coach - FREE VOD Reviews

What is this thread?

This is another way for players to improve their in game performance. I have done multiple AMAs in Competitive Discussion as well as here in General Discussion. I am here to provide helpful resources for you to make use of and improve your gameplay.

**Who am I as a coach?** - I have been coaching Overwatch for almost two years now. I started coaching for Wawas Bootcamp and have continued on to work as my own coach with my own environment. I have coached students ranging from Bronze to Grandmaster and have seen pretty much everything there is to see. Having seen it all, I like to provide an honest but understandable perspective in my reviews without sugarcoating areas that are in need of improvement.
**What are these reviews?** - I request that students record gameplay of an average game for them on their given hero. Once they get it uploaded and we schedule a time we'll meet at my Discord to start the session. My typical format is as follows: - Ask in advance if the student can identify any potential problems they have. - Point out specific mistakes in decision making, ranging from ult management to positioning. - Identify other areas of general weakness, ranging from poor aim to not strafing. - Mention miscellaneous concepts that are crucial to improvement. - Finish up the session by answering any questions and elaborating where necessary.

I try to be as open to questions as possible and work with the student so that they come away from the session with a complete understanding of their weak points and what exactly they can do to improve them.

I used to write up an entire bullet-pointed list of the VOD’s main points but since I started to upload them for students I now offer it as an option instead of part of my normal routine. Each list includes the main problems the student has, examples in the VOD, and what they should do instead.

**How does someone get a session?** - I have a community Discord server where I have all of my students join to hold a session. If you would like a session you should join the server and ask me through DMs or in the server itself. We can discuss my VOD requirements and suggestions to have an awesome session.
**Current VOD reviews:** -
Recently recorded reviews

Coaching Review Samples

Join my coaching Discord:

10 Likes

First of all: Thanks for doing this, I’m sure all of the forums will appreciate it!

Another hint from myself, if you’re on PC consider buying a lenk rad (at least GK4005+) to improve tracking + flick aim.

2 Likes

I love this, I might need to join the discord…too bad I am on Xbox lol.

I have absolutely no idea what a “lenk rad” is. I saw you asking about it ages ago and you couldn’t elaborate then either.

I can’t endorse something that is a complete mystery.

It is indeed a quite unknown form of input, yet I believe that it CAN make the difference between a Grandmaster and a Top 500 if applied correctly. I can recommend the GK4005 and GK5005 series for starters.

If I’m not mistaken, Xbox users are still able to record gameplay. If you can manage to record something and send it my way we can still have a session. All you need to be able to do on a PC to have a session is use chrome on desktop and join a Discord call.

My VOD reviewing tool doesn’t work well/at all with mobile so some sort of laptop or desktop is needed.

1 Like

Lenkrad = steering wheel
GK4005 = Samsung refrigerator model

1 Like

Thanks for the translation. Pretty sure you can also call it lenk rad though :slight_smile:

Not sure what you mean with the GK4005 being a refrigerator though. I’ve had this lenk rad for 7 years and it has never failed me.

There are no spaces in German nouns. That’s why they end up with such long words.

Could you provide the manufacturer of your wheel?

1 Like

I do notice you on the forums a lot helping and read some of your ama’s. I joined your discord. My problem is that I just don’t play competitive enough so I’m gonna try more of that before I request any reviewing (but I am super interested and I wanted to look at previous vods)

I could upload a GM D.Va vod if you’re interested. I often record my games for self review, but letting someone else do it might be more helpful I suppose. Does it have to be a defeat game or does it not matter?

This is very very sweet.

Good to know, pretty sure it’s written with spaces in English though :slight_smile:

Onto the manifacturer, I bought it from a local store but I believe it’s either made by Thrustmaster or Logitech.

Awesome! Thank for checking them out. I hope you found something of value in them.

That’s a solid plan, however, you don’t need to be a hardcore competitive player to get value from coaching. As long as you’re comfortable playing at your rank and don’t suffer from rank anxiety then getting a VOD shouldn’t be a big hurdle.

I’m glad the recorded VODs are proving useful. I only recently started saving them for students and all I have gotten is positive feedback.

Sure! I’d love to review a higher level D.Va VOD. I typically only get GM/Top 500 DPS requests but I’m more than happy to offer advice for any hero. If you’re deep into GM I might not be able to provide as much in depth analysis as I do towards other ranks or other heroes but if you’re below 4.2k then I’m sure I can help.

I’m glad you asked. I normally have a long list of requirements but this is probably the most important one. I prefer close games, win or loss. If you stomp or get stomped then the VOD isn’t as valuable as a review tool. Close games show you getting punished more easily than stomps.

Why the private profile? It would certainly help others to see what characters you’re using to better gauge an idea of what role you’re trying to coach others for.

I’m a DPS player. I mostly play either precision heroes or mechanical heroes. Widowmaker, Hanzo and Doomfist are the three I’m currently playing the most but I have extensive time on Genji, Tracer, Soldier, McCree, and basically every other DPS at some point.

My forum profile from last season (With more playtime than this season) looked like this:

Thank you for answering half of my question, it was the expected response.

As for the private part, I forgot about that bit as I was finding the screenshot. I keep it private because I know which heroes I can play well and I don’t need any advice from my teams.

Yeah I’ve mostly been stuck at around 4150 this season, so just under 4.2k which is my next goal.

I’ll dig in my folder and see if I have anything worth uploading. Where do I upload it btw? Is youtube fine? Do I just DM you on discord?