This game needs more CC / Effects!

Here are some ideas :

• Domination : Takes control of an enemy for X seconds.
  • Confuse : Affected players can only run around for X seconds.
  • Fear : Affected players run away from the specific attacker for X seconds.
  • Stun : Affected players are unable to perform any action for X seconds.
  • Seduce : Affected players automatically move towards the nearest player.
  • Cleanse : Affected players are free from any CC (Zarya)
  • Burning : Affected players gradually lose HP and ignite nearby allies.
  • Acid : Affected player’s armor is rendered useless, takes 15% more damage over time.
  • Slow : Affected player’s movement speed is impaired. (MEI primary atm)
  • Goo cannon : gun that throws particles of goo, slowing enemies.
  • Disguise : Affected player’s taking the appearance of an enemy until he’s shot at.
  • Undead : Affected player’s getting healed by damage (both friendly team and enemy team) and damaged by healing abilities (of the enemy team’s healer only, to prevent team kills)
  • Fast : Affected player’s Rate of Fire is increased. (we got that with ana’s ULT)
  • Second Wind : Affected player’s abilities under CD are being refunded.
  • Exhausted : Affected player’s abilities get a X second penalty on their CDs after they use them while being exhausted.
  • Shockwave : Burst of energy that pushes enemies away from it (lucio, pharah)
  • Grab : Move’s a target towards a player (roadhog)
  • Rust : Affected players take X damage for every step they take for Y seconds.
  • Trap : Affected players are stuck and can’t move for X seconds (junkrat)
  • Crushing move : Affected players can destroy enemies by rushing into them (Reinhart)
  • Deaf : Affected players can’t hear sounds (footsteps and guns) for X seconds
  • Dazed : Affected players screen gets blurry for X seconds
  • Decoy : A decoy mimicking a player’s behavior has been projected on the map. If destroyed up-close it deals AoE damage to the enemies.
  • Mirror images : Affected players have multiple decoys around them to try and evade enemy assaults.
  • Cursed : Affected players have their attributes lowered (health, CDs, damage) for X seconds.
  • Blessed : Affected players have their attributes increased (health, CDs, damage) for X seconds.
  • LifeSteal : Affected players heal themselves from the a percentage of the amount of damage they deal (reaper, moira)

EDIT :

• Burrowing : The hero can burrow himself, laying ambushes to those that walk over him.
  • Sabotaged : Affected players can’t use their regular weapons for X seconds (abilities remain available)
  • Firewall : Places a firewall on the map. The wall is crossable but every enemy who chooses to do so will take some damage in the process and be applied a burning effect.
  • Fortify Ally : Same effect as Orisa’s fortify but cast on an ally.
  • Nailed : Bullets shot from a nail gun will stagger the opponent and nail them to a wall (if the opponent is near a wall) immobilizing him for X seconds.
  • Construct / Healing platform : Immovable defensive structure that can be built and that both heals the ally on top of it and provides him with some cover. Lasts forever and has a limited amount of HP.
  • Construct / Soul Sand : Immovable defensive structure that slows down any enemy that crosses it and deals him DoT. Lasts forever and has a limited amount of HP.

EDIT2 :

• Phalanx Leader : The specific unit grants a 5% defensive bonus for and to each unit that is around (including itself, up to 30%) . Destroying the Phalanx Leader removes the bonus for everyone.
  • Infested : The affected player harbors a parasite that is released upon it’s death and starts attacking it’s teammates. Also deals X amount of damage every second to the affected player. Can be cleansed by any heal / health pack.
  • Imprisoned : The affected player is put in a magical prison and released after 6 seconds or after the prison breaks upon receiving X amount of damage. The player in prison is immune to all damage.

If you think about other kind of cool effects, feel free to post them in here :ok_hand:

2 Likes

YESS!!! This game is utilizing it’s core game design - Completely disabling the enemy for the entire teamfight!

I think it’d be great to add these to each hero, or maybe just one so then we can have players from bronze to get boosted to gm, that sounds extremely fair, doesn’t it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No.

I do want a hero that ablities relies around illusions that would be neat.

1 Like

I just updated the list by adding the following :

• Burrowing : The hero can burrow himself, laying ambushes to those that walk over him.
  • Sabotaged : Affected players can’t use their regular weapons for X seconds (abilities remain available)
  • Firewall : Places a firewall on the map. The wall is crossable but every enemy who chooses to do so will take some damage in the process and be applied a burning effect.
  • Fortify Ally : Same effect as Orisa’s fortify but cast on an ally.
  • Nailed : Bullets shot from a nail gun will stagger the opponent and nail them to a wall (if the opponent is near a wall) immobilizing him for X seconds.
  • Construct / Healing platform : Immovable defensive structure that can be built and that both heals the ally on top of it and provides him with some cover. Lasts forever and has a limited amount of HP.
  • Construct / Soul Sand : Immovable defensive structure that slows down any enemy that crosses it and deals him DoT. Lasts forever and has a limited amount of HP.

Rename the game to Pinballwatch.

2 Likes

New ones !

• Phalanx Leader : The specific unit grants a 5% defensive bonus for and to each unit that is around (including itself, up to 30%) . Destroying the Phalanx Leader removes the bonus for everyone.
  • Infested : The affected player harbors a parasite that is released upon it’s death and starts attacking it’s teammates. Also deals X amount of damage every second to the affected player. Can be cleansed by any heal / health pack.
  • Imprisoned : The affected player is put in a magical prison and released after 6 seconds or after the prison breaks upon receiving X amount of damage. The player in prison is immune to all damage.

I agree that it would be nice to have more, but I don’t think giving one to every hero would be too good because its more of a niche thing. I think a start would be adding one to every support so they have a getaway option or 2 if they already have one. Getting every hero to have one would be a bit too extreme.

So I can get boosted from bronze to GM if I use any character that has a stun? I’ve been a Mei main forever and only just got to Diamond. And if you improve then why not? There are a lot of GM’s that were low silver at one point. Not too many Top500’s but a lot of GM’s. If you can use the stun effectively and get good plays, you should deserve to rank up, thats how the system works. And if playing that one hero allows you to make it to GM from Bronze, then it sounds like you found your match and are doing pretty good.

Lol GOTTEM

Please be a troll thread, please be a troll thread, please be a troll thread…

2 Likes

Just go play WoW? Almost all of these effects exist in that game and are useable in PvP :slight_smile: last thing Overwatch needs is more CC.

And here was me thinking there’s already way too much of it.

I forgot these are the US forums, you don’t understand sarcasm lmao 4head

Sarcasm is retarded. Say what you mean. Sarcasm is better read with voice to judge intonation. Over text? What am I supposed to infer?

Anything you say I’m going to assume its what you mean and if it isnt then you should learn to speak clearly in cogent sentences.

I’m the 2nd in line for the British throne.

Believe me?

Brigitte requires skill.

Believe me?

As a 1SR player I want a hero that has a passive that takes down the enemy that killed you, if more participated in the kill you take them down as well. Because of my teammates and elo hell I can’t get out of 1SR. I got from -500sr to 1sr with Brigitte, it’s at least a start :))

Oh, and maybe stun the remaining enemies for as long as it takes for me to respawn.

OMG YOU ARE?! That’s amazing. :bowing_woman::bowing_woman::bowing_woman:

All joking aside, I learned real quick I had to use /s otherwise everyone took me seriously.

All these need to replace old abilities! :heart_eyes:

We will need more anti cc hero’s if we want more cc dependant hero’s

namely healers and tanks who are cc resistant or immune or give said resistance or temporary immunity.

1 Like

More variety in terms of cc, yes, absolutely.
But more characters with more cc skills ? No.

1 Like

xD

Why are Brits so good at finding sarcasm? My American cousins can’t understand a thing… :thinking:

2 Likes