This game needs more CC / Effects!

America is a wide and diverse place :stuck_out_tongue: plus not everyone has a sense of humor.

Obligitory STUNNED meme

Some people can only make sarcastic answers when they have nothing to contribute.

Yes, there can only be so much CC in a team and per player anyway, since the slots and the abilities are limited. These are mostly basic ideas for new heroes.

Have you ever thought that maybe it’s you that’s playing the wrong game ? OW is a FPS with MOBA elements, that’s the core of it’s success.
If you want minimal CC then there’s COD / BF / CSGO, but even then, they are still some CC (flashbangs, view kick)
CC and status effects is a big part of what makes overwatch fun and every hero feel so different.

I agree with that, everything needs counters.

You’re completely wrong. Overwatch is an FPS at its core. It is not a MOBA in any way, shape, or form. The only thing even remotely similar are the games being built around hero compositions. Even then, Overwatch was inspired by team based FPS games, like TF2. Literally everybody hates this meta, you know why? A huge part of it is the amount of stuns and CC effects where you cannot even play your character. When you add in more CC effects, you get this:

So this looks fun to you? You say the game needs MORE CC effects? LOL give me a break. I guess I’m glad you’re not in charge of this game.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the ideas listed here are horrible and would ruin the game. CC is not fun in this game and should be limited.

So you’re trying to justify your point by posting a video of an OP character that’s being nerfed since it came out ? Nice…

Also, you wouldn’t have “Stunned” appearing on the screen every 2 seconds if there were MORE minor effects and CC since the slots and abilities are limited. But that’s just common sense.
The problem is that the devs added too much stun, (brig, mccree, rein)
As I said in the title if there was more variety of CC, we wouldn’t be there in the first place.

Also, this thread is about CC and effects. (not CC alone) : Anti-CC, Immunities and counter effects can and should be designed to ensure that the game remains healthy.

Not all CC & effects should be a stun, if you have more variety you have less chances of getting stun locked. Zarya is a good example of that. (or should we remove Zarya’s bubble too ?)
Even if you are getting stunlocked, it’s still a part of the game and it means you’re being focused by the enemy team and you don’t have the right positioning and counters (moreover the clip you posted is about XQC, it’s not like people are not constantly focusing the streamer heavily already, especially when he’s known to overreact and act out on his rage on stream )
Remove all CC from this game and you’ll have a bland and dull game full of unplayable heroes and overlapped ones. (no shield / shatter / charge for rein, since CC is bad, right ?)

This game is about CC & effects, literally every single hero has them.
You don’t like that ? Fine. But you’re playing the wrong game :slight_smile:

The game needs effective CC counters before it can even handle the amount of CC it already has.

No more CC. Not until it has more than one reliable hard-counter.

Yes. That’s why I included some anti-CC and defensive effects in the list.