The one thing I miss about the old Mercy

This was actually golden.

2 Likes

Strategy and speed-chess on the fly was a huge part of playing Mercy before her stupid rework. It’s such an undervalued skill. Pulling off a successful Rez meant you out-played the enemy, but having it blow up in your face meant you needed to work on evaluating the situation more.

Valkyrie is easy mode turned up to 11. :/ No thinking or planning needed, it does all the work for you.

4 Likes

god damnit have my like

1 Like

Thinking about what?

By what angle to press the Q button?

2 Likes

basically anything when playing Mercy

• Keeping track of enemy ults. Did they waste theirs?
  • Where is the enemy? Any of them flanking around to try and pin me down?
  • Should I risk my ult? Or should I fall back with the team and wait?
  • Should I wait it out 8 seconds, in case someone else dies? Or is it vital that I Rez our tank and DPS right now?
  • Where are important threats like Widow or the like? I have to stay out of their sights while keeping an eye on the team.

And so on. ALL of these thoughts and more were essential in planning a good Rez. You have to think on your feet, because if even ONE enemy teammate was smart and was ready for you, Resurrect would be wasted.

10 Likes

Animetic taught me to constantly try and gauge the ult charge of the enemy.

The average Zarya would usually have ult between 2-4 minutes, unless she was either bad (take longer), or fed (sooner), at which point I’d be more cautious and try not to group up with the majority of my team :man_shrugging:

I made a rework proposition that should make Mercy need to think again… Link if you want to check it out.

1 Like

yeah same

and you know… having fun because you play an impactful hero. I look at Genji’s that get triple kills with their dragonblade and I’m just - “okay why does my ult put me into spectator mode??”

5 Likes

The one thing I miss about the old Mercy? :thinking:

not having 5000 Mercy topics a day invading the forum

2 Likes

Mercy has always had a lot of topics, but mostly before the rework it was just how Mercy needed an E ability to be more impactful, because she was literally a troll pick.

1 Like

Nah… just twitchy skills.

Wdym? She has to think so much now. It’s as complicated as: “will I die or not if I do this”

no

I literally don’t even have to think about my gameplay and I’ll still be able to stay in masters as a soloq Mercy OTP. She’s just a fast travelling healbot.

1 Like

Mercy was a healrezbot back then and is still a healrezbot now, just nerfed.

Now you get to think about whether it’s best to damage boost your team to initiate, or heal your team through unfocused trash damage in chaotic team fights. As well you can decide to do neither and take out the widow nobody else is paying attention too.

But I mean, that actually requires thought.

This is so true, there is a match where i was a symm and this enemy widow keep focusing me and then i switched to zenny and killed her many times that she went mad in chat huehuehue.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic because yeah, she has literally NO decision making anymore and it’s stupid.

I do VOD reviews for people on Reddit every now and then for people who play my mains (Sombra and Mercy). But it’s so easy to review Mercy because it’s very clear and straightforward where you should be and what you should be doing. What you’re doing is either right or wrong because she’s a bot healer now. But when I review Sombra gameplay, it’s a lot harder because there are a million different things that you could be doing as Sombra, all of which could be right or wrong, and that applies to every hero besides Mercy

P sure they were pointing out the irony in her current build. I mean her most valuable playstyle is pocketing and battle mercy. And out of the two battle mercy is thr one thatd morr engaging