Mercy may be balanced, but she's boring to play and lacks her moment of shine

People enjoyed playing old Mercy for various reasons; mobility, huge rez, etc. Sadly, the “hide and rez” playstyle, which was used almost 100% of the time in lower ranks, ruined Mercy’s reputation and was the reason Mercy got her rework.

Blizzard will do anything to keep Resurrect as her secondary ability, even if it means nerfing her other abilities to the oblivion. Resurrect on E will NEVER BE BALANCED.

They literally came up with a nice E ability concept and replaced Resurrect with it. Yes, I’m talking about Valkyrie. I’m speaking on behalf of most, if not all Mercy mains when I say, that we never wanted Mercy to be an overpowered mustpick for 11 freaking months.

At this point, she’s just a heal bot, who got ran over by a train of nerfs and is now unable to do her job properly. All because someone at Blizzard had the great idea to put Resurrect on E. We just want our beloved hero to be fun again. <3

Now it’s time to introduce you to my version of Mercy’s kit that will never be seen by the devs because they don’t read the community’s feedback. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Resurrect (Ultimate ability)

• Line of sight required
  • Targets all allies within a 20 meter radius
  • 1.5 second cast time
  • Mercy gets a 30% damage reduction for 2 seconds after using Resurrect
  • During the cast time of Resurrect, everyone in a 20 meter radius gets an uniterrupted health regeneration (25hp/s)
"Resurrect was not fun to play against," just as any other ultimate in the game. Old Resurrect allowed Mercy to safely resurrect her teammates from behind a wall or a completely different level. Line of sight requirement and a 1.5 second cast time will prevent Mercy players from going for the "hide and rez" playstyle and use it more as a "tempo rez" to keep the fight going. In other words, this is how it should've been since the beginning.

Valkyrie (Secondary ability)

• Lasts for 4 seconds with a 16 second cooldown
  • Uninterruped health regeneration removed
  • Fixed a bug that broke Mercy's beam upon activating Valkyrie
  • Caduceus staff
    • Chain beaming removed
    • Reach buff removed
    • Healing boosted from 50hp/s to 75hp/s
    • Powerup boosted from +30% to +40%
  • Caduceus blaster
    • Infinite ammunition removed
    • Projectile speed buff removed
  • Guardian Angel
    • Speed boost removed
    • Reach buff removed
Mercy as a main healer currently can't keep up with Moira and Ana. New Valkyrie gives Mercy an opportunity to save an ally during teamfights or to pocket an ally's ultimate.

#MakeMercyFunAgain #ImpactfulButNotBroken

7 Likes

she may actually become more op than she was with first live rework if she has valkyrie as an ability, especially since you didnt mention that she cant chain heal/boost anymore.

Insane mobility + a ton of utility, sure not as much utility as just rez, but damage boost still chain linking and healing as well would be insane. Plus your buffing how much hps/dbs she does, thatd make it nutty.

Mercy has no hero moment in gameplay anymore

8 Likes

Oh I forgot to add “removed chain healing,” which was the first thing I wanted to change on Valk, my bad.

okay, that makes it a lot better, but the hps/dbs and mobility increase would just be too much imo. I want mercy fun but i dont think rez or valkyrie are balanceable as ults or abilities, either useless, unfun, overpowered or a mixture. I despise mercy due to how shes been from the beginning of the game but even i want her fun. I think rez and valkyrie need to completely go, 100%.

Sorry bro, but Rez as an Ultimate makes no sense. Look at other support’s ones: they help u to win fights, while a single Rez is just… a resetting ability. The Valk idea is bad aswell: Mercy doesn’t need more mobility ability (she has GA) and doesn’t need more healing than 60.

The idea of turning Ultimates into E and vice versa never worked in this game.

Give her a “hero moment” that isn’t Resurrect.
Or is that not allowed?

Resurrect was turned into an E ability, has it worked? Ask the people who were forced into playing Mercy in the past year.

I don’t think heroes are made with “a moment to shine” in mind. Brig and Widow don’t have “moment to shine” moments in my opinion, and just like Mercy they are fine. Symmetra never really an ability that was her “moment to shine”. Ana’s ult is literally giving someone else a “moment to shine”. I’m honestly sick of hearing this term as if it carries any real weight.

I mean, all heroes have potential to make awesome plays, but you don’t need to press Q to do that. I still get results with Mercy and I still feel like I make an impact throughout the game as opposed to having one moment where it was evident I made an impact. I have made game changing plays that didn’t involve Valk as well. That just might be my experience, but I think if people were actually honest they’d realize, or admit, that they do too. It’s just more subtle than say, Genji + Nano or Grav Dragons.

I never picked up and invested so many hours into Mercy because I wanted “a wow moment! A moment to shine!” I did it to sustain my team and support them to victory. Did it with Mass Rez, really did it with Valk, and I’m still doing it with all these nerfs in effect. But you do you and say what you want to push this weak narrative. :v:

This is probably the only mass rez ultimate I have seen that sounds okay. No invulnerability and plenty of time to stun her out of it. Ofcourse this might make it very underpowered and hard to pull off. Maybe a one second cast time to make it a little harder to stop her.

I think valk as a secondary ability would be OP. A lot of mercy mains have suggested an E ability that debuffs the enemy or does damage reduction to your allies which I think would be fine.

I just don’t think the developers will ever budge on bringing back mass rez though. I personally always found mercy boring, it felt like spectator mode but she was fun for a lot of people and she isn’t now to them. She needs a change but I can almost guarantee they will never ever bring back mass rez.

1 Like

And Mass Rez didn’t?

What’s the issue with bringing teammates back from death?

If you were using this version of Valk for mobilty, you’d be using it wrong. It’d be much better for clutch healing.

That’s why it’d be an ability.

Except Valk isn’t even that strong as an ultimate.

1 Like

Of course mass rez, single target resurrect as an ultimate would be stupid. Kind of like today’s Valkyrie.

I see your point, but brig and widow still have the special moments where they rack up kills. I think at the very least a cooler E ability for mercy would be nice for the mercy mains.

And yeah Ana’s ult is an enabler like Zarya’s but she gets the sweet sweet satisfaction of sleep darting ulting genji’s and mcrees.

3 Likes

Sorry guys, I thought he was talking about single-target rez.

Well, I think this is useless. If 2+ people are dead, if u need line of sight and casting is 1.5, how can u do it without being punished so hard? LMAO

Exactly. This will make Mercy a high risk-high reward hero.

No, the current Valk is just an escape ability.

I’d like 60HPs, a new and fair E and a buff on Valk.

Yes, Widowmaker makes sick plays when they get 3 headshots in a row or do some cool hook trick or whatever. Genji’s can make sick plays without their ult as well. And regardless of where people stand on Brigitte I’ve seen them do nifty stuff when they utilize their entire kit to control a point or defend an ally.

I guess my point was I have made plays I was incredibly satisfied with as Mercy without even using Valk… one time I healed up someone caught in a Junkrat trap, killed an ulting Mercy, and rezzed our tank during OT and won the point. It felt good and I felt I made an impact and it didn’t even have to be a POTG to be a “shining moment”.

I get the same sweet satisfaction enabling my teammates as Mercy as I do when I am healing as Ana or anyone else. That’s really the point I’m trying to make, and that’s really just my personal experience (although I know for sure I’m not the only one who feels that way)

Then your opinion is wrong. Widow has her headshots (which are made extremely satisfying to pull off, and are very rewarding), and Brigitte has a kit that feels impactful to use (stunning key targets with Shield bash, getting a clutch heal, etc.).

Has or had? Because either way, you’re wrong. Sym 2.0. had her beam and TP, which could both change the tide of battle.

Current Sym has her ult, her beam (which when fully charged is pretty good) and her TP (which has so much potential to win fights).

She’s a support. Her ultimate buffs a teammate. What do you expect?

Also, a clutch nano can win your team a teamfight.

Mercy has slow healing, which limits the fun parts of her kit (her mobility). Her rez is slow and boring, and Valk feels useless. She doesn’t feel impactful. She may be balanced, but she doesn’t feel impactful to play.

It’s so subtle that no-one ever notices it.

People are allowed to have unique opinions without ‘pushing a narrative’. People liked Mass Rez more than they like this boring Mercy with unnoticeable impact.

1 Like

It’s just too weak compared to others. Remeber when people can’t die in the same place? Try to imagine with the line of sight thing. It’s a high-risk (kinda freekill) / little reword for me. I’d hate that.

What if they kept 50 HPS but her valk did some crazy burst heal at the beginning and then did 60 HPS for the rest or maybe even more? I still love the damage reduction buff on E idea that also debuffs enemies, kinda similar to Ana’s nade.

Trade off would be no rez at all.