The New Sombra changes force more downtime

Sombras are now Gandalfs for Zenyatta’s:

4 Likes

It a german phrase for suggestions which everyone agrees upon.
Running through open doors wont give you any resistance on your course.

Yeah, there’s a similar phrase for pushing on an open door.

Still though, the core elements to fixing Sombra seem to be a more reliable hack, fast run speed in stealth, and a more durable/invincible translocator.

liked already dude lol

2 Likes

Revert the nerfs and give her higher base speed, timer skulls above hacked targets and either a small damage treshhold on hack, or let her reload during translocating.
Then fix her bugs, and she should be in a better spot.

If I add my opinion here :3

Sombras Problem right now are bugs, Consistandsi on Hack, Downtime from the speed nerf and teamplay
On how to fix these I talked about it in here: The 4-Step plan to buff Sombra (Facts and Opinions) and bug wise there are a lot more in 1.26 I talk about them here: Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's] - #8 by SchWiniX-2357 and I want people to be awair of these.

I personally could live with TL at 5hp but it would be nice to be either higher or indestructible for enemies but its not needed for me (imo) atleast.

Invulnerable translocator is important for aggressive placements on high grounds around the point to increase uptime and to bait people to camp for an easy 6v5 teamfight. You could also use it to kite enemies. Its very important not only for reliability sake.

Yea I’m aware of that but I think right now there are other and bigger reasons why she is in a bad state and I could still be effective without these so personally I set them more into background because I mostly use my TL in air to get instantly on high ground (by that I mean throwing it over the high ground and using it so it cant get destroyed), I use it to dodge DMG by throwing it and using it (for example: Doom combe, d.va ult and many more), sometimes just to bait shield Heros like rein, brig, etc to turn around by throwing it over them and destroying it just shortly after. I used this kind of playstyle on Sombra even before the nerfs so I never really had a huge problem with it and only rarely I use the medkit TL tactic are left my translocator out for long. Well, I used that strat after the team fight in hope to get a kill when the enemies where regrouping so not in a situation where they had a chance to destroy it.

As the New Sombra is far slower, you’re more likely to miss out on these Hack opportunities.

That is not a good comparison at all. If you spend more than 20 seconds out of a fight, your team has already lost.

Before the changes, Sombra could go 57.75 in 6 seconds. Meanwhile, that would take the current Sombra 7 seconds, which is 16.6% less efficient. That’s a nerf. If you’re traveling more than 57.75 meters, again your team has already lost the fight.

I’m taking these experiences playing as and against GM/Top 500 Sombras. It is extremely easy to destroy an enemy Sombra’s Translocator. You’re playing against bad players who can’t kill your Translocator. That’s why your Translocator isn’t being destroyed.

The only way to have our Translocator up reliably is to put it in a position where searching for it is less value than simply ignoring it. Those positions are much farther away and they decrease Sombra’s uptime.

No, they aren’t. You’re in denial because the people you play against aren’t capable of doing 5dmg to an immobile object.

1 Like

It is needed because it helps with her uptime which is the most important thing. You might have developed a playstyle where you arent as reliant on it, but that also means you would limit her to your playstyle which makes the hero less versatile and weaker as a result.

Tomorrow I will reply correctly sorry its really late and im sleepy xD

1 Like

i have been spawn camping a lot as Sombra just to kill Zen and Ana players. sometimes the occasional Hanzo and Widow. Silver really lets you play Sombra

2 Likes

What Sombra would spend 20 seconds out of an ongoing fight? None that I’ve seen. Also, you shouldn’t be running 6s or 7s to an ongoing fight in any situation, because you have no excuse not to be in position before it starts. This would be true for pre- or post-rework Sombra, who both have extreme mobility. Again, melodrama, and now ignoring Sombra’s core design.

Funny how you can keep responding to my posts without actually reading them, much less refuting them. You don’t even have arguments; you just repeat yourself as if I never said anything, and now you’ve gotten desperate enough to pull SR. Yawn.

Hating the evidence won’t make it go away. You are negligibly slower for 6s, then much faster for any amount of time beyond 6s. Using Translocator properly will reduce travel time by the same amount for both versions, and is not relevant to this comparison.

“Never” is a strong word, and silly in this context. I could list a bunch of situations where I run for longer than 6s to get somewhere, or want to be in a position for more than 6s, but you could just play the rework and see for yourself. Mobility aside, infinite stealth also means you’re always undetected no matter where you go or how far it is, opening up Sombra’s travel route and flank options.

Nope, for a bunch of reasons. Feel free to read my previous posts. Literally nothing has changed about Sombra’s Translocator placement with the rework. You should still hide it as effectively as possible in a given situation. However, now you have the option to to recall it when it’s discovered, or frequently replace it in better spots to avoid this being a problem in the first place. If your Translocator gets destroyed as you’re engaging the enemy team, then 1) You placed it poorly and 2) An enemy is out of position destroying it and the fight is now 6v5 anyway.

I tend to discount any Sombra thread that keeps suggesting the 30 damage threshold. It’s a terrible balance choice because it punishes some Heroes more than others, and a terrible design choice because it’s a messy and arbitrary approach to buffing stealth. Assuming it even needs a buff; Sombra really doesn’t need to be any less punishable than she is now.

So this is the vid they were talking about in the other thread? That’s… not how Sombra moves…

You do ability combos for traveling long distances (like from spawn), and once you’re at the point (or rather skirting around the point), you’re never more than 5 seconds from anywhere.

Um…every comparison in that first video was biased as hell. They showed reworked Sombra starting to move later, taking longer routes, and not using Translocator jumps properly. And she still barely lagged behind old Sombra, by a second or two at worst.

As opposed to the video I posted, which shows pre- and post-rework Sombra taking the exact same routes, step for step, resulting in reworked Sombra falling behind by maybe a quarter second in old Sombra’s first stealth cast, and keeping a steady lead thereafter.

Nope. This compares what people think of how Sombra is supposed to be used with the new stealth (Like yourself), versus why we (Sombra mains) didn’t have any trouble getting around with the old stealth. Every Sombra regular knows to do the mobility combo and they do use it constantly.

Long distance travel was not an issue, and it was faster getting around the engagements once you were actually in there.

Yeah, I’m sure there are no fans of the new Sombra who thought to use Translocator to get around. Need I say kappa.

New Sombra is simply better at this anyway. Because she’s more mobile overall, she can rely on her stealth speed on the ground and save Translocator for jumping gaps and high ground, which means more and better route options over long-distance. Mobility aside, she’s also guaranteed to be undetected whenever she travels somewhere, as opposed to old Sombra who had 50% downtime on stealth.

On the other hand, short-distance travel was practically untouched. Comparing versions, the difference in distance traveled is greatest after the first 6 seconds - where old Sombra beats new Sombra by roughly 8 meters, discounting the fact that new Sombra spends less time in stealth animations. For comparison, Lucio’s Crossfade aura is 10 meters. This difference is less and less leading up to 6 seconds, and new Sombra makes up this difference after 1 extra second and has a sizable advantage thereafter.

The short-distance speed reduction can barely be called a nerf, even at old Sombra’s highest advantage, and is easily outweighed by the long-distance speed increase for a net mobility buff. It may not be the buff you wanted, but a buff is a buff. Make use of it.

You’re not the first one that didn’t even know how Sombra actually moved around the map, and that was the most obvious one. Makes one wonder what else about her mobility you missed.

Since you can’t refute my actual arguments, my job is done. Good luck with the new Sombra! Hope you learned something.

Ya know that hog does that job against those lineups much better and more consistently, There isnt any one thing that Sombra does that other heroes cant do better, outside of being an insurance policy for some teamfights with her emp, sometimes her hack if she targets the right person, she lacks her dedicated niche.

And no spawn camping like many have mentioned, is not a niche that needs filling in this game.

1 Like