The New Sombra changes force more downtime

What Sombra would spend 20 seconds out of an ongoing fight? None that I’ve seen. Also, you shouldn’t be running 6s or 7s to an ongoing fight in any situation, because you have no excuse not to be in position before it starts. This would be true for pre- or post-rework Sombra, who both have extreme mobility. Again, melodrama, and now ignoring Sombra’s core design.

Funny how you can keep responding to my posts without actually reading them, much less refuting them. You don’t even have arguments; you just repeat yourself as if I never said anything, and now you’ve gotten desperate enough to pull SR. Yawn.

Hating the evidence won’t make it go away. You are negligibly slower for 6s, then much faster for any amount of time beyond 6s. Using Translocator properly will reduce travel time by the same amount for both versions, and is not relevant to this comparison.

“Never” is a strong word, and silly in this context. I could list a bunch of situations where I run for longer than 6s to get somewhere, or want to be in a position for more than 6s, but you could just play the rework and see for yourself. Mobility aside, infinite stealth also means you’re always undetected no matter where you go or how far it is, opening up Sombra’s travel route and flank options.

Nope, for a bunch of reasons. Feel free to read my previous posts. Literally nothing has changed about Sombra’s Translocator placement with the rework. You should still hide it as effectively as possible in a given situation. However, now you have the option to to recall it when it’s discovered, or frequently replace it in better spots to avoid this being a problem in the first place. If your Translocator gets destroyed as you’re engaging the enemy team, then 1) You placed it poorly and 2) An enemy is out of position destroying it and the fight is now 6v5 anyway.

I tend to discount any Sombra thread that keeps suggesting the 30 damage threshold. It’s a terrible balance choice because it punishes some Heroes more than others, and a terrible design choice because it’s a messy and arbitrary approach to buffing stealth. Assuming it even needs a buff; Sombra really doesn’t need to be any less punishable than she is now.

So this is the vid they were talking about in the other thread? That’s… not how Sombra moves…

You do ability combos for traveling long distances (like from spawn), and once you’re at the point (or rather skirting around the point), you’re never more than 5 seconds from anywhere.

Um…every comparison in that first video was biased as hell. They showed reworked Sombra starting to move later, taking longer routes, and not using Translocator jumps properly. And she still barely lagged behind old Sombra, by a second or two at worst.

As opposed to the video I posted, which shows pre- and post-rework Sombra taking the exact same routes, step for step, resulting in reworked Sombra falling behind by maybe a quarter second in old Sombra’s first stealth cast, and keeping a steady lead thereafter.

Nope. This compares what people think of how Sombra is supposed to be used with the new stealth (Like yourself), versus why we (Sombra mains) didn’t have any trouble getting around with the old stealth. Every Sombra regular knows to do the mobility combo and they do use it constantly.

Long distance travel was not an issue, and it was faster getting around the engagements once you were actually in there.

Yeah, I’m sure there are no fans of the new Sombra who thought to use Translocator to get around. Need I say kappa.

New Sombra is simply better at this anyway. Because she’s more mobile overall, she can rely on her stealth speed on the ground and save Translocator for jumping gaps and high ground, which means more and better route options over long-distance. Mobility aside, she’s also guaranteed to be undetected whenever she travels somewhere, as opposed to old Sombra who had 50% downtime on stealth.

On the other hand, short-distance travel was practically untouched. Comparing versions, the difference in distance traveled is greatest after the first 6 seconds - where old Sombra beats new Sombra by roughly 8 meters, discounting the fact that new Sombra spends less time in stealth animations. For comparison, Lucio’s Crossfade aura is 10 meters. This difference is less and less leading up to 6 seconds, and new Sombra makes up this difference after 1 extra second and has a sizable advantage thereafter.

The short-distance speed reduction can barely be called a nerf, even at old Sombra’s highest advantage, and is easily outweighed by the long-distance speed increase for a net mobility buff. It may not be the buff you wanted, but a buff is a buff. Make use of it.

You’re not the first one that didn’t even know how Sombra actually moved around the map, and that was the most obvious one. Makes one wonder what else about her mobility you missed.

Since you can’t refute my actual arguments, my job is done. Good luck with the new Sombra! Hope you learned something.

Ya know that hog does that job against those lineups much better and more consistently, There isnt any one thing that Sombra does that other heroes cant do better, outside of being an insurance policy for some teamfights with her emp, sometimes her hack if she targets the right person, she lacks her dedicated niche.

And no spawn camping like many have mentioned, is not a niche that needs filling in this game.

1 Like

sigh guess it went over your head. Short distance travel of both is also in the first video, and the combo being used to get around the map (skip over enemies and get to high ground) in the second. You’re argument is basically “Long Distance is just as good” and “Short distance is just a little slower” how is that good?

Uh, what?

Sombra is way better than Roadhog against all of the Heroes he mentioned. Hacking Doomfist, Hammond, and Lucio is basically as good as killing them, and she has the mobility to hunt down Widowmaker, Ana, and Zen, who just abuse their range advantage against Roadhog. EMP destroys Doomfist, Lucio, and Zen in particular because of their shields/barriers. Roadhog has to land serious hooks to even approach Sombra’s effectiveness in these matchups, whereas she just has to hold down LT.

Also, Hack is what Sombra does that other Heroes can’t do better. When hacked, a quarter of the roster may as well be dead for what they contribute without abilities, and another half can’t do some of their important jobs. A good Sombra will focus on Hacking/EMPing the right people first and then getting kills.

Well, my calculation says her speed is reduced about 1.4 mps. That is about 7 meters for 6 seconds. So basically for a 5.5 mps basic speed hero she is losing about 1.4 sec per one full stealth. Is that big?

More math incoming.

Base movespeed: 5.5 meters/second

Old stealth movespeed: 5.5 * 1.75 = 9.625m/s
New stealth movespeed: 5.5 * 1.5 = 8.25m/s

Old stealth distance after 6 seconds: 9.625m/s * 6s = 57.75m
New stealth distance after 6 seconds: 8.25m/s * 6s = 49.5m

Old stealth distance after 12 seconds: (5.5m/s * 6s) + 57.75m = 90.75m
New stealth distance after 12 seconds: (8.25m/s * 12s) = 99m

When traveling short distances, old Sombra slowly gains a lead over new Sombra for a max of 8.25m at 6s. New Sombra gains the same 8.25m lead over old Sombra at 12s. The versions break even again at 18s, after which old Sombra gains a permanent, increasing advantage.

So basically, these leads are marginal on both sides unless you’re running back from spawn, where new Sombra’s constant speed can add up. However, new Sombra has more freedom with Translocator usage because of her consistent speed on the ground; spends less time in stealth/de-stealth animations (0.7s each); can spend more time in flanking positions without being constrained by cooldowns; and is invisible 100% of the time that she’s traveling, whereas old Sombra is vulnerable 50% of the time between her 6s stealth windows.

So far every time I played with a sombra it felt like they were throwing. Just like you say, the downtime is huge it always feels like a 5v6. If that was the purpose of the rework then 10/10.

That’s a big brain play if I ever saw one, boi.
2 meta 4 me, boi.

Yes and? You’re going to use Invis in a mid-fight. For example, you can use Invis to return to the fight after Translocating. That is much slower with the new Sombra.

You tried to tell me I don’t know how to play Sombra.

You’re wrong.

You won’t leave the fight at all if you retrieve your Translocator and throw it towards your team/onto nearby high ground in 2 seconds flat.

If you do leave the fight and use Invis to return, the absolute worst case scenario is that it takes you an extra second to travel the same distance or that you end up 8m farther. This assumes a full 6 seconds of travel, before or beyond which the difference is even more negligible.

You knew how to use old Sombra. You’re not properly using her new tools at all, or you wouldn’t be making some of these ridiculous claims. Remember when you said new Sombra was spending 20 seconds out of fights?

So never even use it? Sounds like a good plan.

And if you put it next to your team, poke will kill it.

No, it isn’t. You’re moving slower. That is just a nerf.

Or maybe you just don’t know how to play Sombra so you think I’m wrong :thinking:

Actually, that was you:

Your link showed Sombra in a race of over 20s.

Have it up wherever you want before the fight begins. When the fight begins, move it to one of those places. If you’re literally throwing it to high ground or your team to teleport there, how would it have time to be destroyed by poke? You can’t even keep track of your own examples.

I know you’re wrong because you can’t make a single coherent point. People who know what they’re talking about don’t play dumb out of desperation.

Reducing Sombra’s clip size by 1 bullet would be a “nerf,” but nobody would whine about it like you are.

I actually lol’d. If you could make arguments like you can make jokes, you might have a chance here.

This was your example, and you never said it was to Teleport there.

I know you’re wrong because you can’t make a single coherent point. People who know what they’re talking about don’t play dumb out of desperation.

Actually, they would. Why would you nerf a bad hero?

Considering it was literally what you linked, I don’t know what to tell you.

Well, on the bright side, and I mean this genuinely, this is basically early access, right? Like her kit now feels incomplete. And I think that’s because it is. I think, In order to avoid a Hanzo situation, they’ve gone slow with sombra. But I think this is only level one of these changes.

I’m expecting more stuff to set up or at least one ability that can be used in stealth.

I’m just theorizing here.