The Devs hate Symmetra and those who main her

So the reasoning for giving Symmetra 2.0 Shield Gen and Photon Barrier was to help her survivability.

Whose idea was it to forget that she needed that when it came to 3.0? Like seriously. The same thing happened to Mercy when they moved her up to 60hps. Now they’ve moved her back to 50hps.

Blizzard. Do you not learn?

A 10 second cooldown for Photon Barrier was a lot quicker than how long it takes her ULT to charge. She’s so squishy.

Actually sick that we’re being ignored. Speak to us. For the love of God. Symmetra’s pick rate is bottom of the barrel. That must matter because that’s why Mercy was nerfed, because she was picked too much.

There are dozens of Symmetra posts daily and you just don’t give af.

I’m not posting all my concerns again. You can find them here.

And here

40 Likes

So true, i’m still shocked why they haven’t even said a single word to us. Why they won’t even give us answers. They are just trying to block the hate out but we won’t stop till we have answers. Symm was so unique with 2 ults that could change battle so quickly, her tp was second best to a mass mercy rez and her shield gen added so much suitability. Now that Torb can’t even give Armour we are kinda removing anyone who really can give some kinda armour/shield/barrier.

10 Likes

The devs probably aren’t sure what to do yet, and haven’t agreed or come up with a formal response to the issue. I’d imagine their initial thought was that she would be the spear that would break the barrier war (working with rein/orisa), or at least be an answer to it.

1 Like

That’s the issue tho they had a gap in the market which was shields are hard to pass, so they wrongly used her to fill it by making her a shield breaker. Such as her primary fire to charge on or her tp to get behind them. It just doesn’t suit her. Yes she should have some sort of support like shield based but a shield that covers a map is just pointless if they can walk right through it.

Honestly why they even changed her is beyond me we never had this much agro on the Discussion than we have now.

1 Like

Reshuffling the deck I’d imagine. After the Torb rework, I’m convinced they wanted to give healers a near monopoly on supportive kit, and make DPS mostly remove health, rather than bulk up their team. I don’t personally like it myself (who didn’t love being on the team with a torb/symm +150 health?) but I get why they’re doing it.

EDIT: It may actually be because of Brigitte adding too much additional tankiness.

If you place it correctly so that your team can dance left and right and block damage then it’s not really pointless.

2 Likes

Her shield gen was amazing and helped so much, having a tp that was second best to a mercy rez could change battle in a heart beat. Why they went away from that i have no clue.

4 Likes

If I had to hazard a guess? They’re taking the example of the WoW devs and changing things up to try and keep it fresh. Doesn’t matter if it was good, or worked, but I’ve been through a lot of expansions on that game and say firmly: New isn’t always better /Flashbacks from WoD

It’s stupid, why they do it tho. If they want something fresh they should just use the ideas on a new Hero.

3 Likes

It’s either that or build upon the base game. With its maps, modes, objectives, etc. I’d love some of the older maps to get the horizon treatment.

I can just see them turning around like “We’ve had enough of the hate we get from her so we’re removing her”

I was going to be modest and be like, yeah they do!

I remembered I quit Overwatch And honestly have no reasoning or evidence to show they do.

Proceed but with kindness :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tom, pal. This thread is borne from frustration. I’m fed up pleading. I need them to see how frustrated (SOME) Symmetra mains are.

2 Likes

Most Symm mains* xD i don’t really think a lot of them are entirely pleased with her atm…

Yeah don’t expect much from the developers when it comes to Symmetra. She’s not that worthy on their radar for the fact Jeff had to lie about it on a video pretending she was successful with great feedback. That’s not a good praise at all.

6 Likes

I best say some because Aztec, Edge Lord and Bandibaby will come whining NOT ALL SYMMETRA MAINS

1 Like

One word from Katya herself.

I really love playing Sym and yeah, she is not a good DPS. Although I think right now I have more fun playing her, since I see her in a more versatile spot, I don’t think she is in an okay state because she is not strong compared to other DPS.
Really wanna see getting a better spot. Just like my dear Mercy…

3 Likes

The more important question is… What does Sanjay like in his coffee?

Your not ready for Sym pro leagues till you answer this.

I’d say most aren’t including myself since it’s a recopy of other heroes and not her unique self 2.0 was. We all adapted to 3.0 and can agree that she’s still underwhelm with her kit just like 2.0, but 2.0 had a bit more of an edge. 3.0 fun factor only comes from throwing turrets, teleport and sending ultimate and turrets through it.

Spamming right click is okay, but can tell how potential it is due to weak splash damage. Primary isn’t even primary anymore due to it’s potential where primary was successful before 3.0. Players may say " git gud ", but you don’t see them playing her in competitive much. That’s because they know how weak it is compared to old one and its tick rate.