Symmetra is not a dps!

Think you’re missing the point. I’m not saying Sym’s beam is fine, I’m saying that I’m not going to support threads where people omit facts to push their point.

What facts where being omitted. I didn’t really get your point either. Not having a go. Just curious.

Symm has such a difficulty confirming kills that a single Moira makes enemy team impervious to everything symmetra does, since all she does is trash damage. Let alone another healer like brig in the mix. Other dps can burst down enemies through healing just fine, it’s just symm who has insanely low final blows and elims in this game.

Symmetra’s beam charges too slow to snowball. Make it charge faster and then it’s good to snowball with if she’s not downed and can become actually dangerous. She simply cannot poke at tanks with her orbs all day and expect to get kills.

1 Like

I’m just so disappointed in what they’ve done to her…

This has probably been said but the one of biggest issue Sym’s primary has is it’s tickrate (or ticks?) which for some reason was stealth nerfed in PTR.

I remember when sometime in 2016 they buffed the tickrate for Zarya’s primary stealthily and it hugely improved the consistency of her gun. Sym needs this fixed.

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Honestly hard light can make practically anything and they waste it into having some stupidly large shield. They wasted her potential and what she could’ve been, they just rushed her to get her out of the way and done with.

Symmetra’s new ult: Hardlight Attack Helicopter :wink:

I actually have no issues with the shield if it had a faster charge or partly refunded unspent health. Maybe if it supercharged her gun or gave her more temporary turrets. Something damage related.

Honestly it would be a damn sight better than a shield that doesn’t even last as long as a regular standing shield like Orisas.

I see what u mean, but even so having a movable shield was such a good push. You could use it often unlike her ult.

Check out my last videos on my Twitter to see what you can do with her shield.

It’s @SandyK1LL

Okay, ill go check it out!

1 Like

Have you seriously even thought about this argument you just made?

Even at tier 3 you only have a max potential dps of 180 with 100% accuracy and no armor. That means that you have to constantly track an enemy 100% accurately for more than 1.2 seconds just to secure a kill on a 200 health enemy. Meanwhile every single other dps except Junkrat can kill in a single shot with a head critical taking far less tracking, time, and focused effort before moving on to the next target. Even a Junkrat though can kill faster than Sym can.

That means even in a Sym’s best case scenario they still are not even a 10th as good as any other dps. Meanwhile, the Sym’s best case scenario still takes over 4 seconds of tracking before it can even occur. No other dps needs that.

The fact that Blizzard decided to keep stuff from Sym’s old kit is nice. The fact that they decided to keep a charge time mechanic of all things was most decidedly NOT a nice thing. This was absolutely the worst thing to keep, but if they ‘had’ to keep it then they absolutely should NOT have actually raised the charge time from 1s per tier to 2s per tier. That was just ludicrous.

Let me be blunt. Even if Sym 3.0 had NO tiers and just started at tier 3 damage from the beginning she would still have a bad primary weapon. The fact that we have the current primary weapon with its current charge system is just layers of bat guano being used to ice the layers of cow patties baked into this disgusting filth cake Blizzard wants us to eat and enjoy as a primary weapon.

3 Likes

damn i wasnt expecting this thread to get so many responses :joy:

gotta get to reading

3 Likes

Syms orbs really arent that big; the hitbox is much smaller than the visual, about same size as Zaryas alt fire

@Kigo well ducking said. The junkrat example is the icing on the cake, since he can oneshot people w infinitely less aim than Sym requires.

1 Like

hopefully the upcoming ptr patch has some changes :confused: i mean they can always experiment with different alternatives if they are actually willing to test whats better for her

If you balanced this way, you would never improve anything that needs improving. F tier would stay F tier because for some reason you think all changes need to have a net 0 gain, even if the goal is to have a net positive gain.

No, it doesnt, it does 30/60/90 per second directly to armor, plus 75/sec in turret potential, making her cap out at 105, 105, 135, 145, 185, 185 against armor per second. No one comes even remotely close to that outside of Totb’s ult which got the 190 vs armor for a reason.

For reference, Storm Arrow does 15/Sec to the armor component. Hanzo’s normal now is roughly 5/second against the ammo component.