So the only way for Mercy mains will be satisfied

And how many of them don’t include multi-rez or removing rez? And are posted as their own discussion thread?

Bonus points for how many also don’t include removing Valkyrie.

As far as I’m aware, the numbers shrink down to almost nothing.

1 Like

Here’s an idea: Let’s get rid of Rez, and make Valkyrie a cooldown ability or something, just not her ult anymore. Then, for her new ultimate, just make it so that her and her heal target becoming invulnerable for 8 seconds. And she can change healing targets and leave a bit of residual invulnerability for a little bit, but it also reduces the overall duration with each switch.

Then, like, maybe also make it so that she heals someone more if they haven’t taken damage for a little bit. And, hey, maybe also give someone like 25-50% bonus health if she heals them while they’re at full health! That’d be fun.

And, I dunno, make her yell something about Oktoberfest or something.

There was literally one posted today.

There are ones that change Valkyrie.

But considering that Valkyrie in particular lowers her skill ceiling dramatically, especially in it’s current design, surely they should be open to removing it because the more skill ceiling they leave room for, the better she is for their precious pro play, just like they wanted and just didn’t achieve with this rework.

I saw 2. But I also saw about 50 other Mercy posts, many of which had hundreds of posts on them today.

One was a bit overly complicated. But it was a novel way to limit single instant rez.
One was a straight buff to heal beam, with no counterbalance.

1 Like

This was one that was suggested.

I don’t necessarily feel it is the right path for Mercy but there are so many suggestions.

But here is the catch right?

I think the key part of this is:

People have put in so much effort for her, because this is the character they most strongly relate to and want to be able to enjoy her.
Mercy has some of the loudest voices in the community because she is the one they most strongly feel attached to.
Any other main would be doing the same and some even have, but they don’t have as large a following as Mercy does representing them.
Mercy’s even take time to mention other characters suffering the way our character has.

Even those character’s have their megavoids.
Why should we try when time and time again, we are shown we are not wanted by the devs and the rest of the community who should be supporting us in our search for a fun and balanced hero because if their hero was put under the bus as hard as some other heroes, they would riot too.

2 Likes

Huh did miss that first post.
And another similar one here.
Mercy 3.0 (New Ability: Field Medic) - #7 by Colourouu-2549

The problem with these is that they seem really difficult to balance, and almost feels like they just tossed bucket full of buffs at the character.
Mercy is really simple right now, and that’s hard to balance. This just feels a bit excessive.

Because if Mercy mains don’t try to understand the developers perspectives, and persuade them, they are going to listen to people like me.

Devs once again prove they are listening - #121 by GreyFalcon-11737

2 Likes

Two mines on Junkrat created an awful load of OP Spam issues that gave him the ability to do so much damage, like his mines did essentially double his damage output with them and not to mention it removed skilled thought choices of when to use them for finishing enemies off and moving because they did and still can do a butt load of damage.
For mobility, it is good. For damage it was a whole load of BS. And I take this info from my friend who has mained Junkrat since before he was ever buffed and proved that Junkrat was in a fine position but could have just used mobility because he was managing to deal with Pharah’s on old Junk and now he can hit the fricking skybox with him.
Not to mention “concussion mines” and the other concussion ability in the game doesn’t do any damage, so consistency is not their strong suit.

The piercing on Mei didn’t do as much for her as the fall off damage change. Although I think most people would trade that back for a slight faster speed of firing because some people prefer to be able to make those hits more consistently rather than getting luck with the hit but usually not being able to follow up on it by getting another hit.

Roadhog was gutted to even try to get where we are today. That should never have to be the case. And even now, you can see the ridiculously hyped up reactions about his power from Overwatch News outlets, claiming he is better but what is to stop us from repeating the past and if he is so strong now, how long before the usual “omg nerf him one hits are unfair”. Because isn’t this where we are at with Doomfist?

Mercy had 50hps in the past and it didn’t work.
It doesn’t work now. Gutting her base kit was the only way to balanced an E ability because it is overpowered there but with low healing can hardly be used at all now. That isn’t balanced.

You can’t make as many heroes viable as possible because in their eyes, they need to change the meta, but meta’s only consist of a handful of heroes which makes metas go dull quickly.

They need more heroes to spread pick rates and have shared areas of expertise and playstyles to do that.

Just because the Dev’s change things, doesn’t mean they have been right.
They have a bad history of it and that includes other games in their business.

2 Likes

We get it you can complain about pretty much anything and are incredibly keen on looking at negatives, however, every single change that has been implemented has lead us to this state of the game where most of the heroes feel balanced with very few exceptions

I don’t expect you to understand though and I agree that we need more heroes in order to diversify the game even more

1 Like

New rework or revert. We are not interested in ultimate, that can’t save anyone from other ultimates, and statue mode as ability.

1 Like

He really wasn’t though.

Ali agree with this. Rez could get removed and I would be happy if they made her fun

2 Likes

the choice to nerf her healing was because it was broken

Yeah, totally, let’s nerf healer with lowest healing among main healers, which has no ways to increase it, while every other main healer can. /s

you dont know what you’re talking about…

i havent ever seen anyone say AOE-res or riot.

like seriously. we know AOE res works, original ideas would be more of a gamble, but there are a lot that so many people like.

they tried to fix something that wasnt broken, broke it, and havent really tried to fix it. it shouldnt be our jobs to come up with new ideas in the first place.

2 Likes

Meaningless declarative statement. The only purpose this serves is to highlight the stubborn bias you hold.

That’s what Mercy mains seem good at doing… asking for mass-res without actually outright saying it, but implying it otherwise.

As my “Commentary post” highlighted, you can see this by process-of-elimination.
-Mercy Mains show little support for original ult concepts? Check
-Mercy Mains rarely post original ult concept ideas? Check
-Mercy Mains continue to defend Mass res? Check
-Mercy Mains constantly bashing Valkyrie? Check
-Therefor, I can only conclude that most Mercy Mains just want a Mass Res revert. They don’t have to say it outright. It’s obvious.

So wait a minute. You start out with implying that you don’t see Mercy Mains sticking to their guns on a Mass Res revert, but then you go and defend Mass Res and the shallow support for original ideas?

I sense cognitive dissonance.

im trying to explain why AOE res is more supported. it’s not difficult to see.

originial ideas dont get as much “support” because there arent people exclaiming that it’d ruin the game, so they dont get as much traction.

plus, implementing an original idea IS a gamble, you dont know how it’d playout with the other 27 heroes… but we know, for the most part that AOE res worked in the past.

:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

A perfect example is Valkyrie. it was something new and original, good on paper, but we’ve seen what heppened.

1 Like

exactly. it was scrapped in alpha for a reason.

Time and time again, it has been explained as nauseum, not just by the community, but by BLIZZARD DEVS THEMSELVES why Mass-res was removed and why it is never coming back.

We (As in both Blizzard and the parts of the community not on the mass-res bandwagon) don’t want mass-res back, know it will never come back, and we’re becoming abrasive toward you (Bulk of Mercy Mains) about it because you keep beating a dead horse instead of moving on to something that would ACTUALLY get consideration.

Let go of mass-res and maybe Blizzard will actually take Mercy Mains seriously. Period. It’s so simple, I don’t understand how that point hasn’t been driven home up to this point.

citation please. i’d love to read it.

surely if it’s been “explained ad nauseum” there’d be a lot to read about blizzard’s motives for removing AOE res.

why?

yeah, the ones we already have are being dutifully considered. :roll_eyes: :face_vomiting:

all they ever respond to is 2 year olds asking for PC building help, and thank you posts that are meaningless and literaly go against CoC but ok. sure.

you know that a dev has not once responded to anything in the 10’s of thousands of posts in the mercy megathread? let alone anything outside of it.

the only dev responses are people saying the post is getting locked for some arbitrary reason no one else can see.

but ok.