Mercy 3.0 (New Ability: Field Medic)

Mercy 3.0 Ideas

Unchanged Abilities:

• Caduceus Staff (healing and damage boost), Guardian Angel, and Angelic Descent all remain in current forms

Caduceus Blaster:

• Magazine increase from 20 to 30
  • Projectile speed increase from 40 meters per second to 55 meters per second

New Regular Ability: Field Medic

• An ability similar to how Torbjorn’s new “Overload” works combined with Lucio’s “Amp it Up”
  • Mercy releases an angelic aura that lasts for 6 seconds
  • Anyone within a 10 meter radius will receive 30 healing per second (effects reach above and below allies as Mercy flies over or below them)
  • Mercy’s Guardian Angel also automatically resets and has 0.5 second cooldown during the usage of “Field Medic”
  • Mercy’s Guardian Angel range is extended to 40 meters and its movement speed is extended to 25 meters per second
  • Mercy herself receives a 30% movement speed buff
  • Popping this ability provides Mercy a burst heal of 75 healing to herself
  • Ability cooldown of 15 seconds

New Ultimate: Valkyrie

• Ability lasts for 15 seconds
  • In “Valkyrie”, the “Field Medic” ability is replaced with “Resurrect”
  • “Resurrect” has 3 charges that can be used on single targets
  • Must be within a range of 7.5 meters to resurrect an ally
  • Cast time reduced to 1 second per resurrect
  • Mercy’s receives a movement speed debuff of 50% (down from 75%)
  • Allies are now resurrected with only half health and only receive 1.25 seconds of invulnerability, down from 2.25 seconds
  • If an ally dies after being resurrected during Mercy’s current use of Valkyrie, Mercy cannot resurrect them again during that cast of her ultimate
  • Mercy’s Caduceus Blaster remains unchanged from its new updated form here (I.e. no infinite ammo or projectile speed increase)
  • Mercy’s Guardian Angel receives the 100% range increase that it does currently
  • Also still receives 30 meters/second Guardian Angel speed
  • Still receives ability to fly
  • Still receives uninterrupted passive of “Regeneration”
  • Mercy automatically switches to her pistol during this new ultimate, as the casting of her ultimate is her thrusting her Caduceus Staff down into the ground (like in her “Caduceus” emote, just the last part)
  • Staff is stationary but shoots out a green beam that both damages and heals (60 healing per second/30% damage boost) to anyone within a 10 meter radius of it (above and below as well)
  • It also effects Mercy, just like Orisa’s supercharger effects herself
  • Staff can be destroyed and sent back to Mercy (200 health)
  • Mercy’s ultimate with 3 “resurrects” and flight/enhances abilities still lasts for 15 seconds even if Caduceus Staff is destroyed before ultimate ends
5 Likes

I really liked these changes (especially the pistol buffs) until I got to the ultimate. That feels way too strong, with the flight, rezzes, regen, healing, damage, and the better pistol. It just feels to me like you packed too much in there.

And on a personal note, I would rather take no rez than a rez at half health. I get that you tried to mitigate that negative with the healing staff, but then it just seems like it’s covering the only weakness of the rez.

8 Likes

Mercy will never have multiple resurrects on her ultimate again.

Your E was cool though, but better suited for a new support than Mercy.

2 Likes

You know, I’m actually really down for this. The ultimate seems a little broken (15 seconds seems like overkill), but other than that it seems okay.

1 Like

Um. No.
Let me explain; Mercy is a pacifist. Her pistol is her last resort, not something she uses all the time. Its when shes being flanked, not a proactive ability.
Her bullets do 20 damage. 40 with a headshot. Tht makes her potential damage in 1 clip 1200. Thats absurd. Tracers entire clip, all headshots, all hitting, does 960.

Edit: I want to talk about the other ideas in this post.

Field medic:
I like the idea of field medic, but I reeallly disagree with the buffs it gives to GA. Her ga doesnt need any buffs, its already one of the best mobility abilities in the game. It doesnt need to be on a 0.5 second cooldown, or 25mps faster.
Mercy is not meant for burst heal, she is a consistency healer, which is why she never has to reload, and why she can heal through walls for 2 seconds. No burst.
I mean, if you have all these changes in 1 ability, its just WAY too strong.

Valk:
3 charges is too much. This is valk when it first came out, having a rez before valk, then valking and having 2 more. Its insanely overpowered. 1 rez is enough.
Allies being resurrected at a lower health is a bad idea, its pretty much feeding since theyll just die again. If I see a Mercy rezzing a baby dva, and she has 75 health, you know the entire team is just gonna breath in her direction and she will die. Thus wasting an ult and feeding the enemy. If rez is going to work, it must be full hp.
Im iffy on this GA change. 100% is A LOT. 60 meters? No thanks.
I do think the beam change of having both heal and boost is decent. But definietly not if youre going through with the given GA range buff, GA speed buff, self healing buff, rez buff, and effecting herself. Thats extremely overtuned.
Her being able to move quicker in GA is what made her so painstakingly unkillable. This changes make it too hard to counter her ult.

So I think the OP has a good idea of field medic, but her entire kit is VERYYY overtuned. Honestly imagining this in game makes Mercy just completely broken, especially when in Valk.

Field Medic is crazy overloaded.
Why does this have an AoE healing aura? That’s not exciting.
GA’s cooldown, range, and speed are already very good. They don’t need to be better.
Mercy has GA, she generally doesn’t need a movespeed buff.
A burst of self heal? why?
15 seconds CD is… I mean it is fair for this overloaded monstrosity, but the CD and number of effects desperately need turned down.

Valkyrie:
Ok so this whole thing doesn’t fix any of Mercy’s current ultimate problems. Generally… good ultimates do one thing insanely well, usually sacrificing other things to get it. This? This is a whole load of kinda meh effects glued together into a hodge podge of mediocrity.

This is not good. I would vastly prefer current Mercy to this and I pretty much hate current Mercy.

i’ve seen you post this in a few threads…

what is your status in the OW team?

What’s even the point of this? It’s already on a one-second cooldown and 25 meters is already a very good distance. Allows Mercy to stop being punished for bad positioning more than the ability already does.

This makes her faster than Genji but slower than Reaper’s Wraith Form. Why would she even need this anyway?

What? No. Just no. You’re incentivizing Battle Mercy with this.

These are really fun abilities but people like Arie Rose will disagree. They will say that this will make mercy more Like Briggette, A power house Super 1* Heroine

Wow, way to make assumptions for other people there buddy. Do you even watch her videos? Because in multiple occasions she said she actually preferred Ress to be tied to her ult because it is too powerful to be an ability and being so means the rest of Mercy’s kit needs to be trash to compensate.

1 Like

Partial mass res would be back with these proposed changes = GOOD
Having Partial mass RES + Big Boy Gun to proctecc Caudess staff + AoE Healing with DMG BOOST = LETS celebrate Mercy 2.0 + 1 and await the upcoming patch days that are guaranteed nerfs

Edit: I am sure she would enjoy certain aspects about OP’s ideas but as a whole and looking at the big picture she would be wise-enough that these are not the droids we are looking for

Ok so I’ll accept that she shouldn’t out Damage a DPS hero as a valid reason to not buff her pistol.

But the “she’s a pacifist argument” always seems odd to me. First, because she’s already carrying a weapon. If we really want to go with that route, why not just remove the pistol and be a total non-combatant. I’m a pacifist, but you can bet that in a life or death scenario I’d rather carry a good weapon than a mediocre one.

Not to mention, she’s pretty under equipped for a combat medic as is. The woman should be carrying a rifle with an underslung grenade launcher if we’re going for consistency here.

Anyway, really what I wanted to ask is, would you be ok with reduced damage in exchange for a faster projectile speed? Most of the time with mercy, I’m either trying to do chip damage, or finish a low health target. I’d trade shots that are a bit easier to lead for less damage.

1 Like

Honestly, I like her pistol as is. I think its very effective for defending against flankers… If you know when and how to use it. But thats pretty common with all of her kit. Rez is useful when you know when and how to use it, same with damage boost etc.

You can kill a Tracer in 4 headshots, and for me personally I can find it pretty easy to kill her off. Obviously its objective, but I dont think her pistol needs any sort of buff (or nerf)

Oh no it’s “fine” as it is. Flankers in general aren’t really an issue with Mercy now. I’m more fearful of Mccree or soldier than tracer or Genji, because your ult basically ensures flankers won’t kill you.

I just think slow projectiles feel kind of- meh. Baby D.vas pistol feels so much better to use just because of the faster projectile speed, for example.

No offense but like why even bring her up? Its literally pointless. If someone is not involved in a discussion, then don’t stir the pot yeah?

Her pistol is supposed to be a last resort against flankers. No reason to make it an effective mid-long range gun for the sake of it.

Activists should be respected. Just like Geoff Goodman press F

Not tyring to defend bringing up someones name unnecessarily, but by replying to them, and asking them a question for a response, isnt that stirring the pot when you couldve ignored it?

These changes seem like they would be fun, but they would need to be tuned down a lot. Theres a ton of buffs to her kit that would make her far too powerful. I don’t believe her pistol would need to be improved for example.

My point was just to not derail by bringing things up.