Devs once again prove they are listening

They not nerfing doom or hanzo. But ill give them credit were its due.

Plenty of people apparently based on the myriads of threads coming up.

Give them time. I also feel Bastion needs a little bit of attention but everything step by step.

Agreed. I think some part of the community just wants instant changes without any thought or just wants some heroes to be overpowered without putting other players or heroes into consideration. The devs know what they are doing and have a lot more information than we could ever hope to have. I would rather trust the person with experience and information.

I think so as well. Bastion definitely needs some love and I’m sure they won’t leave him like that forever.

Demanding something unrealistic and complaining all the time doesn’t get you anywhere. Not to mention the devs can see the bigger picture more than any other random forum goer or somebody that hasn’t played the game for 1 year+ now.

You realize the game is 2+ years old? 2+ years is not worth enough entertainment value for you? I haven’t spent a single euro on top of what I paid for the game itself - I would say 2+ years is way more entertainment value over what I spent for the initial purchase. Like waaaaaaaaaay more.

You’ve been getting free content for 2+ years now. Man, I wish I would get conned like this more often in life. :joy:

2 Likes

Well that’s wrong. No one is that oblivious. The likely scenario is that they either don’t want to respond for some reason or are simply ignoring us. Ok, so all three of these are bad. :joy:

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽

:shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

Spreading positivity and ice cream, one Mercy at a time.

Yeah decent content.

It honrstly feels like we’ve been holding our breath the entire time waiting for Overwatch to blow up with ita full potwntialm

They have been responding and they haven’t ignored us. Hog, Reaper, Sym and Mercy changes are clear evidence that they listen. The support changes can also back that claim up - game is in the best state it has been for a long time.

Us, as in those who dislike Mercy’s current state.

A large portion of us still haven’t gotten our issues addressed yet. One prime example that most of us have been saying since the rework is fun. Blizz has never responded to us regarding that after the rework.

This is your opinion. :man_shrugging:

Mercy is fine, no issues with her.

Fun is subjective, has nothing to do with balance. Also plenty of people find Mercy entertaining to play. Also they already responded plenty of times - they said mass rez is not coming back, they said they are happy with the changes and then they said again they were happy with the recent support changes. Either way, Mercy is fun and she is balanced. More importantly, the other supports are now useable.

And? This is your opinion as well.

To sum up this thread
h ttps://image.ibb.co/gs7JdA/OWFORUMS.png

1 Like

I disagree. Fun has yet to be addressed and she, right now, isn’t balanced. I don’t know what the recent changes will do so I won’t say she’ll still be unbalanced.

Fun is what a game is supposed to aim for and it should be equally considered with balance.

And plently of people don’t. Are we just going to listen to one side whilst ignoring the other?

They said a revert is not a possibility. You don’t need to revert Mercy to bring back mass Res.

They often say this but end up continuing making changes anyway. They’re never deadset on something when it comes to that.

Last part, I disagree. :blush:

This was the case before her rework. :unamused:

And I don’t really care if you think this game is in it’s best state since it has little to no relevance to our discussion? But ok? :confused:

Considering how many likes this post has it really shows the overwhelming, yet hidden majority.
Thank gosh.

1 Like

oof

The real question is how many people are fine with her.

Huh?

I mean, I think they are happy with her overall. Most of the changes lately have been little screwdriver tweaks.

A million little birdies tell me otherwise.

I’ll answer back with, how many people are not fine with her? Also, to answer your question, probably the majority. Why? Because statistically, almost half of the Mercy community, after the rework, stopped playing the game.

You really don’t. :blush:

Maybe you’re right. That being said, a considerable portion of the community are not happy.

A million little numbers tell me the contrary. :wink:

Fun is subjective. I find her fun and plenty of other people do so as well.

Fun and balance are two different things, nor do they have the same prioritization. You cannot have something to be blatantly overpowered just because it’s fun. A little bit redundant to even mention.

Like I said, fun is not a metric because it’s subjective.

Mass Rez was unhealthy for the game, hence why it’s no longer in the game.

Game balance has relevance to this discussion. That’s what this discussion is all about.

Anyway, I don’t want to turn this thread into yet another debate about Mercy. She is fine, she is fun and she is balanced. Please use another thread to discuss her state - there’s 12928913823 of them.

The forum is a very very small percent of the OW population, almost non-existent. Reddit is a much better representation (yet still small in terms of size). Unfortunately, the forums have almost become unusable at this point because of the constant influx of the same threads over and over for past one year.

I would like to see you back them claim up.

You know, not to be mean or anything, but we can sweep this under they didn’t like change. Tbh I wouldn’t like my hero changed like that.

I’m actually curious as to what you have in mind.

The biggest problem is that we don’t have a sustainable source for happiness, I mean, from what I have seen, there are only around 40 Mercy mains on the forums advocating for a revert or mass rez from what I have seen.

Much confusion. Have my birdies committed treason? OFF TO THE PLATE

1 Like

Blizzard have made multiple changes before for other heroes regarding fun. An example of this is Hanzo’s scatter. Also, I and plenty of others don’t find her fun.

I never said they weren’t and they should have the same prioritization. Otherwise, you’ll have a balanced game but the playerbase has moved on because fun wasn’t focused on enough.

Overpowered isn’t the only way to have fun? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And like I said, they’ve made changes before regarding fun so clearly, subjective or not, they don’t care.

Elaborate on the unhealthy aspects and tell me what couldn’t be fixed with simple tweaks amongst those unhealthy aspects.

Ok then. I believe this game is in it’s worst state, it has ever been in. :blush:

Oh, I’ll take my leave then after I finish this reply. :slight_smile:

I disagree. She is not fine, fun and balanced. :blush:

Okayyy.

Basically, immediately after her rework her pickrate halved. This was before she became a must pick. Conclusion? A large number of people must’ve quit. That is an unnecessary loss.

I mean, that may be a reason but we still know that large quantity of the Mercy playerbase stopped playing the game. An unnecessary loss… :frowning:

Mass Res with a cast time, LoS fixes, and damage reduction or burst heal instead of Invulnerability. Also, make it so you don’t need someone to die to use it and instead heals the surrounding players by 100HP. For a new e ability, Pacify or Halo would be fine. Both are found here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19jlYKIjvp3Hyi5yUFqeO5dqYnlav64DlvmfteAJpl2I/edit?usp=sharing

If we were to use Titanium’s infamous, Why I Have Yet to Not Despise Mercy's Current State as a basis, and compare it to a thread that says Mercy is fine, in terms of popularity, Titanium’s thread’s win. 1700+ confirmed players are not happy with her current state. If we were to use that as a sample size, it would likely point at those unhappy with her state to be a large number.

You’re funny! :joy: What I meant is, statistics. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the OP doesn’t want me to discuss Mercy’s current state here so with that, I take my leave. Have fun y’all! :slight_smile: I won’t be responding to replies in this thread anymore.

1 Like

tfw the community has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that recent mercy changes are indeed not a buff nor are they good for mercy :smiley:

• I asked for more concussion mines on Junkrat
  • Frost blaster piercing on Mei
  • No dropoff icicles on Mei
  • No 0.1sec hack grace period on Sombra
  • Most of the changes that happened to Roadhog
  • And 50hps on Mercy on the basis of healing per round
  • And for them to focus on making as many heroes be viable as possible.

I’m feeling like I got a lot of what I wanted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or maybe they switched to another hero? Ana became a very lucrative choice.

Your conclusion is based on an assumption. You have no proof, and making conjecture.

1 Like

Hanzo’s scatter was not changed because of fun but because the devs never intended for it to be used in such a way and to one-shot a tank.

Fun and balance are two separate things. One is subjective, the other one is not.

My point exactly, fun is subjective, it’s not measurable and it’s personal. It has no merit when discussing balance.

Not the case.

I’ve elaborated on this plenty of times as thousands of others also have done in the past including pros and the devs. The super short version - it was the easiest ultimate to do in the game which required no mechanical skill of any kind, press of a button with no counter of any kind and maximum utility. Hide&rez was terrible mechanic. Yeah, I know what you gonna do next: post a link of Titanium’s thread. I’ve already refuted plenty of his points many times and his suggestion for Mercy is flat out insanely OP.

Well, sorry but that’s just simply not the case if look at the supports - all supports are currently viable, not just Mercy. Reality disagrees with you.

Thanks, I’m sure you will find plenty of Mercy threads - the forums are practically drowning in them.

Evidence, please. Statistics, data. Also I dunno about you, but the last 8 months were literally nothing but Mercy. Mercy was literally an absolute must-pick with ridiculously abnormal pickrate in OWL. There’s literally overwhelming evidence that Mercy was broken the likes of which no other hero has seen. And before that people abused mass rez for ridiculous SR gains. Mercy was a must pick and broken before Valkyrie.

Proof of this please.

Thanks, feel free to reply to this in an actual Mercy thread if you want. But at this point I’ve honestly learned that it’s a pointless debate. Mass rez was unhealthy for the game. And Titanium’s rework is absolutely broken.

What is this community? The forums are a tiny tiny fraction of the community and the idea that the forums is a homogeneous group is quite honestly ridiculous.