Regarding the Support-A-Streamer promo & console players

Hey everyone, this was asked in various threads through the last 24 hours, however instead of tracking down all of the replies that asked, I figured it would be better just to inform all of you directly here. I did get confirmation that the code received to obtain the Brigitte Medic skin is only redeemable on BattleNet and that any console players will need to wait until the upcoming cross-progression features are live before they can access the skin on console platforms when Overwatch 2 goes live on October 4th. Note, you do not need a valid PC license of Overwatch to redeem the code, just claim the code on your BattleNet account that is linked to your console account. You do need to make sure your BattleNet account is linked to Twitch before you gift any subscriptions in Twitch in order to claim the reward!

I know this is not the most ideal situation for console players, but I wanted to confirm the information now so that every one of you can make the most informed decision to participate in the Twitch x Overwatch Support-a-Streamer promotion.

8 Likes

Also, I got information regarding PlayStation 5 users. The “Download only on PS4” error with the Watchpoint Bundle has NOTHING to do with the actual Beta install. If you are authorized for the Beta (either through the Watchpoint Bundle or through opt-in at Overwatch 2) the download for the beta will appear AFTER the Beta goes live. Not before.

3 Likes

Ty for always clarifying things for the community.

1 Like

Thanks dude. Kinda surprised we didn’t get an official announcement with your standard of quality.

You’re a legend.

2 Likes

PS4 user here. Will my beta access be affected if I purchased Watchpoint pack from Battlenet rather than PS Store?

Understand things are stupid busy for everyone including myself. Everyone’s patience is always appriciated.

1 Like

Yes, in order to get Beta access you must purchase from the PlayStation store.

1 Like

Guessing you still dont know if the skin will have special effects to make it worth?

Even if I did, I rather keep that as a surprise for you all to discover.

2 Likes

Wait but that’s kinda dumb, is it not? Why not just make it work with Twitch drops? Usually when there were Overwatch Twitch drops, once you get the thing it’s on your BattleNet account, and if it’s linked to your console account then you can use it on console…

That’s kinda dumb, I wasn’t sure whether I wanted the skin or not, but because of this I think I’m not gonna buy it after all. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

WyomingMyst, Thank you. As always you go above and beyond. I truly appreciate the effort you put in of your own volition. :grinning:

As mentioned by Andy yesterday, this is a relatively new promotion for both Blizzard and Twitch and I think they could only prepare redemption codes for BattleNet as the drop.

1 Like

And I got one other answered question regarding the Support-a-Streamer promo. All South American users are eligible for the promo despite their region not being listed in the official news post.

Thought this was gonna be an apology post for such a horrible event…

How much is 10 gifted Subs Twitch?

How Much Do Gifted Subs Cost on Twitch? Twitch gifted subs cost the same amount as regular subs on Twitch, with Tier 1 subs costing $4.99 USD. There are no discounts for multiple orders, meaning that if you were to buy 10 gifted subs, you would be paying $49.90 USD.Jan 21, 2022 this is exactly the same amount as 50 blizzard entertainment loot boxes I mean come on Wyoming don’t condone this.

You need 3? so uhm i dont know what you on about

14.97 still with taxes depending on twitch inflation among certain countries Canada example thats more than 15 bucks

Yes and? there are 4/5 posts saying it is 15 bucks?
You dont have to get it you know

Well I got something better WELCOME TO THE OVERWATCH 2 BETA
The world needs heroes now, more than ever, Tokyo1pro1ow! Are you with us?

You now have access to the [Overwatch 2® Beta] where you can choose to play one of your favorite reworked heroes or take the newest member of the roster, the Junker Queen, for a spin. Familiarize yourself with 5v5 gameplay, explore new maps, and be among the first to experience a new age of Overwatch now through July 18.

With this iteration of the Beta, you’ll get the chance to play the newly unveiled hybrid map, Paraíso, in addition to the maps featured in the previous Beta: New Queen Street, Colosseo, Circuit Royal, and Midtown. Got the green light by blizzard entertainment