Why limited to PC?

It’s more than a little silly given that account inventories are getting combined across all platforms in overwatch 2.0. (Optional for existing accounts, but I’m guessing moving forward all new accounts will be combined.)

I hope so. Ive played this game for a long time and it would suck if this new way to buy skins is limited to one platform. I assume they will be doing more of these support a creator events.

And no longer a slave to a software ecosystem. There is that…

2 Likes

Well, the less people that buy the skin the better.

2 Likes

Why exactly? How is denying income to Blizz/streamers/Twitch and not getting a skin “better”?

Because blizzard is using their consumers to pay for the advertising that they should be paying for lol. This skin is extra scummy, no matter your stance on anything else.

PC is used more than just gaming and 10 more fps.

I had just posted this on another thread, but will share it here too:

Depends on how much you want to pay. I own a ps5, but I also own a gaming pc simply for OW, but this pc isn’t very good. It can run OW at least, but not new games like AC Valhalla or Cyberpunk. My pc crashes. My PS5 runs games more smoothly.

PC gaming has a lot more benefits than an extra 10fps. Many console games still can’t achieve 60fps without making visual sacrifices. I have a high end PC (3080/5800x/32GB) and a PS5 and my PC absolutely blows the PS5 away in performance.

Because Blizzard don’t deserve it.

Because most of the streamers don’t deserve it, and don’t even play Overwatch. Also, most of them are already incredibly wealthy.

But you got something for it -and you already pay for advertising bro… you were told how it works, the relationship, take it or leave it. Not caring for it is not “scummy”.

Blizzard “not deserving it” is an opinion. As for supporting streamers, many on their do deserve it. Focus on that.

Actually no, the ones who do deserve it are the small streamers who have stuck by Overwatch for god knows what reason. But no, let’s reward big streamers who haven’t touched the game in 5 years or never even played the game.

It has nothing to do with supporting streamers and never did in the first place. It’s all about advertising Overwatch 2, which is why Blizzard have completely irrelevant people involved.

Everyone I saw this post get bumped, I have posted details about the limiations for console players to get the Brigitte skin here:

LOL how is it “no”, I am talking about supporting any and all streamers who supported OW during the dark times, not people who ditched the game. But let’s be realistic here- it’s not about “deserves” its about business but you’d be lying to yourself that the streamers don’t also benefit. I never said it was a charity drive, but you guys going off on “oh, I really know what its about” are forgetting yes, at the end of the day this is all a simple equation:

Blizz runs a for-profit business providing entertainment at a cost - you pay a cost to have that entertainment. That’s all it comes down to. If some direct “good” can occur along the way like the Pink Mercy skin or even say this level where it’s indirect, it’s better than just it all going to Blizz right? It’s first for advertising no doubt, but it’s also a handy way to help entice people into view OW and support streamers. Stop being so dichotomous in your thinking, there is win-win-win here.

Yeah expect they are relying on us to spare the costs of their advertising.

Which is perfectly fine, fwiw you pay for all their advertising any way, at least this is direct and helps streamers. Like it or not you pay for everything you get from Blizzard on some level, so what? They aren’t a state-run charity service…

So like I originally said, the less people who buy it the better.

So it’s the cut-off-my-nose-to-spite-my-face line of reasoning - okay.

First off it is $15. If you are paying $18 you are paying at the wrong location (streamers outright say not to gift subs from the App store because Apple just pockets $1 and the charge is passed on).

Second, whatever technical thing they ran into is clearly not worth dealing with when everyone will have it in 3 months and in the grand scheme of several years 3 months is not worth worrying about.