Overwatch x Twitch: Support a Streamer

The is one of the funniest, most desperate things I have ever seen company do. It’s hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

I get what you’re doing. You told all these people that they’d get so many views and subs and when activity cratered after the OW2 beta ended and didn’t spike back up, you’re left holding the bag. Gotta keep these valued partners invested in your product, right?

Literally just make a good game. Stop trying to astroturf all this stream garbage. If you make an incredible game and keep up a stream of content, the attention will follow.

6 Likes

I can see this skin as unlockable on xbox and it says “unlocked by participating in the support a streamer: medic brigitte event.”

So its obviously on console. It is able to be equipped on console. I think legally they have to provide the same content to consoles as pc as well. This isnt a version exclusive like cold war zombies content on ps5. I honestly think we can get this on console. Ill wait for someone else to confirm this tomorrow but all signs point to there being no reason this shouldnt be unlockable and usable on console. Its redeemed by a code. How hard would it be to make that code unlock it for console as well? Im just not seeing the barrier for this restriction while im looking at it on my tv on xbox right now. Only a little padlock icon is seperating me from using it. This is something insurmountable until october? I just find it too hard to believe. Why even show it unlockable on console if thats the case. Version exclusive skins has never been an intended thing before.

1 Like

Don’t talk about the OWL that way! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Could a blue text, PLEASE confirm whether South America can earn Brig skin or not?

1 Like

Overwatch x Streamers, not just Twitch :fist::

Support ALL Streamers - Platform Inclusivity NOT Exclusivity - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

And once again blue texts do nothing but ignore the forums and leave it to green texts to do their job:

1 Like

has the promotion started yet? Or after how many hours can I buy subscriptions?

Blizzard don’t even hide about from streamer privilege now, even if we know about it for all games and years.

1 Like

I would rather use Overwatch League tokens to unlock Brig’s new skin.

4 Likes

The promotion starts at 11:00 PT (in about 25 mins from this reply). Remember to avoid using the mobile apps if you decide on gifting subs. For information on why not use a mobile app, I detail it in this post: PSA: Do NOT gift Twitch subs from the mobile app!

1 Like

I have a code but I’m on console… Do I have to wait when OW2 comes out?

Yes until October 4th brings cross progression.

1 Like

Code redemption needs to be done through Battle.net, which your console should be connected to. You might need your phone/PC to redeem the code, but the skin should be available in Overwatch to use once redeemed. The skin is not exclusive to OW2.

It says on the page it’s PC only but when OW2 comes out you have cross progression. I don’t own a pc copy so I have to wait.

As i said in my previous post saying how i cant see why this wouldnt unlock on console; this does unlock on console too. (Xbox) im using it now. It even has new voice lines. Like prognosis death when you kill and she says someone call the blood bank. I think 2 other new lines as well.

The process for doing this is unnecessarily annoying for people that don’t use/know Twitch.

And anyone who manages to do it should get an instant beta invite. The money-for-invite precedent is already set so why not?

You are using the skin on xbox ?

Tons of people have accidentally gifted subs beforehand and gifted subs anonymously so it doesn’t count. lol

1 Like

The community response would’ve been much more positive if much smaller streamers had a chance at being eligible, instead wasting space on that list with big streamers that are already financtually secure.

Small streamers like BastionMain, Minii_ow and CoachTeach absolutely deserve to be on this list. They’ve been streaming Overwatch for a long time now. Especially BastionMain.

1 Like

How many on here do you think beyond XQC are “financially secure”? Curious.

An aside, I wonder how many got the skin for their first gifted sub at a discount, the first for me was $3.99, the other two were $4.99 apiece for a total of 13.97. Fair price for an “exclusive” skin.