PTR Mercy actually feels really good

With apologies, this sounds (to me) quite a lot more like an attack on all current Mercy players than an answer to the question I asked about how you know what I have or have not played

1 Like

?? surviving is what you should be actively trying to do as Mercy. Being the sole survivor is bad for every single hero.

1 Like

Except this is what Valkyrie is good for. It keeps Mercy alive better, than it keeps alive her team, which needs it a lot more.

Again, killed healer vs killed team, first one is lesser evil.

It isn’t bad for heros designed around this concept. Mercys main job is healing. Healing provides the least potential charge out of everything in her kit, and she was reworked with the goal of not encouraging her to stop healing. This is why its a problem for Mercy based on the way she functions and the way her kit exists as it is now. That’s kind of the whole point of my novel of a post.

Edit: spelling on mobile is apparently hard today.

1 Like

Valkyrie isn’t an escape button for Mercy. Granted, it won’t outheal everything, but it’s a massive advantage for every teammate to have 60 hps applied on them when engaging a fight for example.

1 Like

It is an escape button, as soon as you hear any ult.

You can use it for that reason if you want, but it’s a waste most of the time

1 Like

I respectfully disagree with this statement

This is a game where being alive is one of the keys

Victory conditions involve a payload being moved to a certain point and/or a location/point captured or controlled

a living character can move a payload towards and into a point, and can control/capture a point

a dead one cannot

It’s not like it will save teammates from any decent damaging ult, so I can just fly away. If second healer got their ult, they will use it, if there is no second healer, then all hope is lost.

Feel like backing this up with some numbers proving that its likely her healing will go up? I don’t mind posting a novel that no one will read filled with math and averages based on what the average stats of the hero are, but if I’m going to spend the time, I’d appreciate not being the only one doing so for once.

1 Like

So basically, you’re telling me that Valkyrie isn’t going to save your teammates, so they’re going to die. For that reason, you don’t use Valkyrie.
So you use your ult after they die to escape???

In my opinion, not everyone will be willing to make such a trade, even in the unlikely event that Blizzard would make the choice available

I for example would not be willing to make that trade

They didn’t even buff it other than 60hp/s which is what she had before. They took away your cake and gave you half a slice back.

lol.

I use it as soon as more than 1 teammate dies, because it makes outcome certain. 2 teammates dead with other team still having 6 players = fight is over, see you at spawn room.

Prefer not to watch teammates being killed, when I am unable to undo their deaths or outheal that damage.

Just reviewing facts here: the change announced on 20181023 does not take anything away from Mercy; rather each of the two changes strengthens her.

Look, Valkyrie isn’t meant to outheal ults because it lasts 15 seconds. Compare it to Transcendence that can help you team survive channeled ults; which lasts 6 seconds.

Valkyrie SHOULDN’T be used to counter ults unless your tanks are trying to actively shield your team as well.

Also, a DPS ult isn’t going to kill your whole team everytime and some ults can actually be outhealed more or less easily by Valkyrie like Tactical Visor.

You should use Valk to give your team a massive advantage when initiating a fight or trying to defend a point. It’s also super versatile with the damage boost and pistol

1 Like

There is no other healer usually, so your suggestions are not working. Also I won’t call advantage massive, it’s not sound barrier.

Versatility is downside here, since Valkyrie does multiple things, but none of those things are strong enough. If I were interested in dealing damage, I would pick DPS instead.

Our priorities appear to differ

I tend to use Valkyrie preemptively rather than reactively

I like to use Valk as the teamfight begins to prevent (or help prevent, if you prefer) a teammate from dying

I do not like to use Valkyrie after someone has died, as it will now help (or potentially help, if you prefer) 1 fewer person

1 Like

Can keep teammates healed well enough without Valkyrie.

Our experiences differ

Most teams I am a part of include 2 healers. If there is only one healer picked, I will fill in as the second