PTR Mercy actually feels really good

You shouldn’t be the only one, but I find Valkyrie to just be “influcential” and not impactful. I don’t find it boring, I find it saddening that does everything for me because I don’t need that.

1 Like

It does: 50% damage resistance + Ana healing can tank a lot of damage. Nanoboosted target usually is a priority to take down, keeping other teammates safe.

In my opinion, these two ults have distinct disadvantages over Valkyrie

With Coalescence, you ave to hope and pray your team forms a nice (fairly straight) line in front of you to get the full effect. I do not recall a single instance of this ever happening in any games I have played. I have gotten as any as two in line on a well coordinated team

With Nano, you’re only helping one player.

One player is what it takes: with your ult they can tank that damage for rest of the team.

That’s only if the enemy team is stupid. If a dps is ulting, he will either have the healers killed before the ult or will be the priority target during his ult. In most cases, the Ana will barely have time to react.

Or if it’s someone big, like Reinhardt. You either stop him, or he causes much damage, especially if that damage resistance is used to get close for Earthshatter.

I respectfully disagree

In my opinion - When the other 5 players not empowered by an ult are taken down rather easily, the player with Nano will be easily taken down even if nano is still in effect, which at that point in a teamfight it probably isnt

the nano’ed player does not get to decide who the other team fires upon

Player with nanoboost is more dangerous, so it’s natural to focus on them. If other team goes with nanoboosted Genji, you better put all you got to stop one, or he can wipe everyone.

Never said the opposite, but it’s still not a defensive ultimate. You can either use it to save someone from fatal damage or offensively.
Yes they might get focused, but that doesn’t mean the rest of your team is safe

and that’s when you use an actual defensive ult like transcendence

Rest of the team are not priority at the moment, so they are relatively safe, until nanoboost runs out or teammate with boost dies.

If only it could actually stop nanoblade…

Nano can easily save a number of tanks from dying from a number of ults purely because of the damage resistance. Not exactly what its made for, but its a possibility.

Coalescence max output is 6,000 healing and 3,300 damage. Nano you really can’t put a realiatic max on because of its nature, and Valks max potential is (with 60hps) 4,500 healing (damage amp also doesn’t have a very realistic max either, butfor comparison sake, tp match the potential damage of Moira’s ult, Mercy has to amp 11,200 damage. Thats the same as 1.2 roadhogs killed every second for 15 seconds straight.)

Nano has less potential than Valk does, but it also has burst and is burst offense, burst defense, and burst healing so it should be weaker potential. Valk has no burst anything so it should have the best potential, yet is soundly outshined for how much it costs and considering the otherwise anemic state Mercy herself is in and thus the valid reason she could use some burst and/or potential.

1 Like

It can unless the Genji is able to combo 200 hp heroes or less

I respectfully disagree that it is natural to focus on a nanoboosted character

In the same way that I want to focus a character than Zen has discorded, I want to kill the character that is at that time the easiest to kill

In most cases, in my experience, this is not the nanoboosted character

The difference here is that Mercy can chain heal which makes it a lot easier to hit multiple teammates. Moira needs her teammates to be in a straight line, so most of the time, she isn’t going to hit more than 3 teammates at a time.

You kill that character, or nanoboosted hero kills you. 50% damage boost isn’t something you want to tank, even without possible ult used with it.

My experience does not match yours - in my experience, if I (or a teammate) can eliminate a squishier target with half the effort, especially knowing that in 8 seconds or less the nanoboosted character will become much easier to kill; my team wants the squishier target down first.

this can vary based on the specific situation, but thats the generality

Then you just made yourself easy, distracted target for said nanoboosted player. That’s why trying to ignore one is bad idea: you get killed, and a lot faster, than you kill someone else, thanks to increased damage.

It’s one of those moments, when “stop at any cost” applies best: kill or CC to oblivion.

revert mercy , ok? ok. bye

1 Like

A nanoboosted target isn’t going to try and kill all 6 teammates at the same time unless they’re grouped up. And actually going for the healers while they’re nanoboosted is a great idea since most of the team will focus on killing and not protecting their supports

1 Like

I respectfully disagree

I dont know if you’re saying we 6 all form a neat and orderly line for the nanoboosted red team character to send us off to our maker at his or her leisure, but if so - no, that simply isnt the case in any games I have played

In no games that I have played does everyone on the team just drop what they are doing to deal with the nanoboosted character.

And in most of those games, we still win