PTR Mercy actually feels really good

I just tried out the PTR after the balance changes and the addition of Ashe to the hero roster, and was pleasantly surprised when I picked up Mercy.

After hearing and reading mainly negative feedback from her buff, I wasn’t expecting much, but she feels a lot better when in Valkyrie. Also, the ult charge reduction is great since now I can charge my ult a lot quicker (every teamfight or so); which was my main issue with live Mercy where I could barely get it 3 times per round.

Overall, I do feel that the changes will be great for Mercy and hopefully put her in line with the other supports.

82 Likes

Sounds kinda neat, let’s hope this will satisfy the Mercy Mains (porbably not)

33 Likes

I can use valk to get rid of Widow’s and 200HP heroes more frequently

… HEROES WILL DIE

67 Likes

The issue that some Mercy mains have is that the healing nerf before this buff felt unnecessary. Several heroes got better and it was debatable whether the 60 to 50 healing nerf was necessary. This said, it is nice to see that Mercy IS getting a buff and that it will make Valk a (semi) worth while ult. The fact she can get that 60 hps again and it comes faster IS super nice. Doesn’t make her much more fun (and I can leave a link to my comments on the matter but I’ll exclude it for now) but again, it does make her stronger which does take care of the issue the devs see.
(TL DR: It’s nice and appreciated. Little bummed the previous healing nerf wasn’t fully reverted, but the buff we did get is good. Looking forward to it.)

21 Likes

I watched people testing her out on ptr.

The ult charge she gets now from her pistol is delicious. An aggressive Mercy playstyle is becoming more & more relevant ^.^

14 Likes

I do agree with the fact that they had to resort to need her healing back to 50 hps, hopefully they’ll find another solution. But for now, I think they’re looking to work on other heroes before Mercy.

And, I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I actually enjoy Valkyrie a lot and it really is impactful.

2 Likes

Excuse me, but it’s a revert /s

1 Like

I mean… They already had this version of Mercy. Not like it needs testing? It is objectively worse than prior to the arbitrary nerf they gave her. So? Like, I would be concerned if it DID satisfy them.

36 Likes

Careful, they’ll nerf her pistol damage if it’s too effective :wink:.

16 Likes

To be honest, I’m surprised most people are agreeing with me. I was expecting to get dragged ngl

3 Likes

I should have added that I like the idea of Valkyrie. I like the idea that Mercy’s abilities get enhanced! I just wish that instead of removing some of her weaknesses (single-hero support and team-based mobility) they improved her strengths. But again, the idea of it is cool. Instead of reviving dead teammates, she can make them harder to kill which still plays into the whole “Heroes Never Die” view that many Mercy players like to keep!
(ie. instead of spread its higher healing/damage boost. Instead of free flight its faster GA, etc)

2 Likes

That’s true, but wouldn’t it be too strong if she had a, let’s say, 70hps beam in Valkyrie constantly healing a teammate? I feel like that would be a better nano.

But I guess this is what an ult is supposed to do.

1 Like

Tbf considering 50 hps feels terrible and sluggish, her normal healing rate of 60 would feel amazing compared.

29 Likes

If you can achieve ult 3 times or more in a round I would expect that to be nerfed.

1 Like

That’s what my thinking was. It’s an ult, it should be powerful. Additionally, it would just make it stronger against sustain damage, not burst. I’d be okay with adding a feature to it where its like “does X amount of healing to targets who have taken damage more than Y seconds ago” to encourage her juggling healing. If they have been healed up, the buff could go away and back to what ever her base healing is. One issue of this though is it wouldn’t (nor shouldn’t honestly) work the same for damage boosting, but my original idea of the increased damage is like an extra 10% max. Final note, we could always lower her duration. It still is the second longest ult in the game (behind WB’s mines). I’d be more than okay cutting the time down to like 8 seconds or something.

Also I think Nano would still be really good, considering its an instant 300 health and 50% reduced damage with 50% extra damage.

1 Like

removeed 10hps

gives it back into her ultimate

average healing is back to what is was before

why even nerf her in the first place???

14 Likes

I mean…I agree with you, lol. Honestly would have thought it would be easier to revert it, but Blizzard does what Blizzard does. Additionally, they might have been afraid that reverting it would cause Ana to lose her status or something…I don’t know, lol.

1 Like

Who could disagree with Dad? :thinking:

2 Likes

50 hps isn’t the best, we can all agree on that, but I guess that’s what they have to do when she has a super powerful ability on cool down.

And I think they’re trying to focus her power on Valkyrie a lot more.

2 Likes

if this buff goes through

mercy is basically like she was before in terms of how much she heals through a game, could be more even so i don’t get blizzard at all