Please nerf orisa, i beg of you

The term platchat was used by streamers to rankshame their chat that tries to act like their gm while they are plat. 4head idc if its meme or not its literally used by streamers for that reason

I meanā€¦ Itā€™s not really rank shaming tbhā€¦

You need to realize the difference of it.
Youā€™re also the only one whoā€™s really getting offended by it and creating nonesense fuss about itā€¦

Its her time to shine and itā€™s about time for a tank that was getting called F Tier, useless, you name it (anything other than OP) for 2 years. A Tank who was getting Buff requests constantly during Dive and GOATS.

Hereā€™s the way Iā€™ve seen this play out during every meta:

Tank goes into meta. Theyā€™re automatically flagged as OP by the forums. Forums demand nerfs to said tank.

Tank slips out of meta for any number of reasons, theyā€™re now fine even if they werenā€™t directly nerfed, or changes like role lock, etc.

New Tank goes into the Meta forums blow things completely out of proportion calling for nerfs.

This has happened during each meta. Iā€™ve been playing this game for since the 2nd round of Beta and nothing on this forum nor the old one has changed when it comes to metas and the tanks therein said meta.

What is the end result each time? The tanks are minorly nerfed (in cases like D.va and Zarya) but the main tanks themselves generally stay the same (Rein didnā€™t change at all for GOATS except for the overall armor nerf, Winston didnā€™t change for Dive.) and here we are with people wanting Rein and Winston back in the meta again.

Examples from each of the Metas:

No, OW is not for fun. /s

The meta favoring a hero doesnt mean ones better. Orisia is basically unchanged over the past 2 years and its just now becoming useful cause of the meta. Adapt that is all

Most overused, ignorant and baseless argument. Sorry but that does not add anything to the discussion. Youā€™re simply parroting what you heard/read elsewhere.

ā€œItā€™s okay, every hero is balanced and fine. Itā€™s just the META BRUH! JUST ADAPT 4Headā€

Absolutely nothing of substance.

It may actually blow your mind, but no competitive online game is ever perfectly balanced. It can however be much closer to balanced than it is now, and it falls upon proper constructive feedback to get there. Which is what these forums here are FOR.

so what point were you trying to make?

Iā€™m going to make the same appeal that I made in another similar thread. Letā€™s please wait. Orisa IS getting a nerf, tomorrow. And Reinhardt a buff. And a new shield tank.

Thereā€™s a lot of changes. Can we at least wait and see how they play out? Itā€™s only one more day people until they go live into a comp environment.

On the plus side, I do think we should buff D.Va. And I think we should buff Lucio. Both of those would have a positive impact on Reinhardt. And Iā€™m at least glad that your suggested nerf is to Halt rather than shield. Still, we should wait at this point. The nerf is less than 24 hours away.

But she hasnā€™t been ā€œbasically unchangedā€

She has received 2 substantial buffs + an unnecessary quality of life buff while she was already metaā€¦

2 Likes

So again.

Was Rein OP back in the day when he had similar pickrates? Winston? Dva? (Well, Dva was a different can of worms altogether. Jury is still out on that one.)

You see how youā€™re trying to force a direct correlation when there isnā€™t any, right?

But go ahead. Please nerf orisa and then letā€™s live in a world where the hit scans and snipers are now completely uncontested. Then we can all go ā€œOhhhhh so THATā€™S what was going onā€¦ā€

Or we can make tanks tank again. Thatā€™s what Iā€™d like to see, personally.

What point? I was laughing at your post.

then what does make a hero OP?

There was a point in there that we actually had every comp be viable at some point, it was truly amazing. I was both at 4100 and in a 4k team at that point, i reasonably saw it all and quite frankly didnt even see goats in every scrim.

One shot kills with very little to counter you, for starters.

Tone down Orisas shield? Fine. But to call her blatantly OP because of pickrates alone is naive. You need to see the forest from the trees.

She has received buffs, but this is not what made her popular. Her overall kit has been the same since launch, with tweaks to numbers along the way.

She was extremely unpopular at launch. So if SHE didnā€™t change much, what else did?

A lot of heros are perfectly fine but ONLY because E-SPORT players or GM players do not use them people rage-moan saying are underpowered

Orisa, Ashe, genji, tracer, S76, Zarya, Rein, Moira etc. ARE FINE is just ā€œPro playersā€ have different plans

OP, Iā€™ve few things to say but before i begin:
Hehehehehehahahaha.

Guess what forum warriors been doing for last 18 months since Goats was meta? Crying about Rein being op and not fun to play against. I can play all of the main tanks so well, not having problems. But people wished and wished and cried for Rein nerfs.

Suddenly goats is gone and Reinhardt is like a throw pick right now against orisa hog.

Before Brig, everyone complained about tracers. Like Jeff said, be careful what you wish for.

When role que comes out,youā€™ll see lot more Orisa hog even in lower elo. Because:Hog is a tanky dps and orisa shoots. Two things dps mains want. Not to mention baptisite/Moira because they can be picked up by dps mains as well.

I hope those who whined love bunker comps a lot.

Lots of other heroes. But itā€™s all relative. If they double the health of every hero apart from orisa, orisa would be underpowered even though she is unchanged.

Something isnā€™t OP on its own, context matters a lot.
And currently orisa is the only viable main tank in GM (proof of this is winrate and pickrate)

This is a problem which can be solved in different ways.
-Nerf orisa
-Buff all other main tanks
-Nerf heroes who synergize with orisa
-Buff heroes who counter orisa
-Nerf heroes who counter other main tanks
-Buff heroes who synergize with other main tanks.
-Change the geometry of certain maps to favour other main tanks over orisa (think of paris first point)

Probably lots of other ways too. But the fact is, in the current context orisa is too strong or alternatives are too weak (which both mean the same thing)

1 Like

Thats because you play at almost silver SR. Imagine vsing a hog that hooks you with every halt thrown out. Thats what happens after a certain SR more often than not.

2 Likes

Even OWL teams donā€™t have Halt-Hook absolutely nailed down always. Itā€™s a massive paired skill shot.

You want to balance her against this, then youā€™re balancing everything on absolute max potential. High skill cap heroes would vanish from the game since no one would ever reach that with them.

I actually made a post about this a couple days ago. I think the main thing about Orisa that needs to be nerfed is the Halt ability.