Winston is too strong of a hero

Yeah I’m thinking he’s slightly too loaded. His shield is basically up every time he’s engaging, he has insane mobility, and his ult is one of the best stalling tools.

Just nerf his shield, give it a longer CD. It’s literally always up.

Winston is a good boy

15 Likes

i just wish they would reduce up time, other wise hes fine to me

Winstons balanced
His dps is trash
His bubble is so easily destroyed
It has a super long cd compared to other tanks
Primal rage is just literally free ults for the enemy
His mobility is overrated, because if he jumps in onto someone he’s super easy to kill
He’s also gotten wayyy more counters

2 Likes

I guess you faced a good Winston.

2 Likes

Both of you are wrong. Winston is nearly perfectly balanced. He just doesn’t have competition for the dive tank slot outside of no shield hammond.

2 Likes

See, these were some of the nerfs I was suggesting back in the year-and-a-half long dive meta. But dive isn’t really meta right now so…

Sorry I exaggerated, I mean he’s not OP at all.

No he’s not to be honest, Winston to me is not a threat I usually die by him if either I did something stupid or if he’s coordinated with a good team, he is a good and fair gorilla.

Winston is really good, but not OP, and his playstyle is really simplistic.

It’s like trying to say Reinhardt or Widowmaker is a complex hero.

I can’t believe people are responding to this thread seriously.

3 Likes

So after trash nerfing Brigitte we are now to nerf Winston ?

Well she was brought in specifically to avoid nerfing Tracer and Winston, so I would not be surprised if they get hit next time they become meta.

They have done everything else reasonably possible to avoid it.

I need to disagree with this point. Primal rage can be a free kill on a lot of heroes, unless they get a lot of peels.

1 Like

It can, but

1. It gives the enemy insane ult charge
  2. it takes extreme skill to get the kill (juggling)
  3. its definitely not always a free kill, easily outhealed

They buffed his shield because it wasn’t up enough. :joy:

Also, really? You choose Winston out of all the heroes to complain about?

1 Like

Knocking an enemy into a corner makes it way easier to kill them during nerd rage mode.

That’s assuming your near a corner

Winston enabled dive which lasted for a very long time, the single most dominant comp this game has ever seen. He and Tracer are the only reason we have Brig in the first place.

Don’t be surprised if dive comes back that Winston, Tracer and D.va all get nerfed.

i can’t tell if op is serious or not but…