Pharah is weird

Pharah is such a weird hero to have on the roster. Pharah alone is one of the biggest reasons every team needs a hitscan. If a team doesn’t have one, you lose. And you can guarantee after 2 fights without a hitscan, they’ll swap and end your fun. I personally hate heroes that REQUIRE you to swap to specific heroes or you literally lose. Pharah specifically stands out as one of those heroes along with widow, bastion, doom, etc. She’s also broken the second she gets a pocket mercy. Just stay near a corner and outlast all damage shot at you. The hero is anti-fun to play against and I don’t think anyone disagrees. Btw, this isn’t just a problem I have in plat. Check overbuff and see she has the highest winrate in GM and high winrates all around. I’m not saying she’s OP but she’s definitely a pest to fight every other game. I don’t want to see her become harder to kill in experimental. I would say nerf her fire rate if that buff goes through.

4 Likes

Not true though. Especially in low-ceiling maps or indoor areas (there’s way more in the game than you think)

The entire game is designed around hard-countering with this rock-paper-scissors strategy, and being able to swap heroes at any time, something other contemporary Hero Shooters (like Paladins) doesn’t let you do

That’s the point of Mercy’s beams, system is working as intended. Many DPS are very synergy-strong with a Mercy. Ashe is probably the best example, she’s 2nd most picked (only behind Genji) in every single rank right now

Just my own opinion but I love air-fighting another Pharah as Pharah. I enjoy shooting Pharahs as a hitscan, it’s like free target practice, and her hitboxes are much larger than Echo’s and she’s slower atm too

That’s literally why they included the huge fuel nerf, It really changes up your strategies on open or tall maps.

You’ll be playing more on foot now, and everyone on roster can take advantage of you like that

8 Likes

Imagine if super jump was a button. Pharahs flight is that button to TF2s Soldier

They should probably find a way to make it so Mercy healing is reduced on airborn teammates.

That way Pharah and Mercy don’t have to be so bad when not combined.

2 Likes

Why are your ideas always so terrible lol

1 Like

Because I’m usually right, but people don’t like to think :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re almost always wrong, and your ideas are always terrible lol

Would that really be the best course of action considering like 65% of all healing mechanics already don’t reach an airborne Pharah :frowning:

Its a tricky situation but reducing an already tiny list of options to get healing would be a bad idea, unless you give Pharah some way to self-heal :o

I don’t like the pharmercy synergy, but reducing pharah’s only reliable source of healing is a pretty bad take. I think damage boost is a bigger problem but nerfing their synergy is pretty complicated

Funny how people seem to like the ideas when they actually get into the game.

2 Likes

I literally rather have this and a good decent buff for pharah. I don’t even care if I get healed less, give me a decent qol buff in return as well.

1 Like

Think of it this way, if they made Pharah worse when combined with Mercy.

Then they could buff Pharah to be more self sufficient when not combined with Mercy.

For instance, 100hp and 100 shieldhealth.

1 Like

Failed
Hated by the entire playerbase, genji onetricks not included
Open queue is a joke
Experimental is basically no different from what PTR was 90% of the time, also a joke
Mei is one of the worst heroes in the game now lmao
Literally no one but hog mains like hog combo
Good job, you came to the same obvious conclusion that literally any person would for a role queue ui lmao

You went and cherrypicked and still couldn’t get anything good LMAO unsurprising because your ideas are all terrible

I wouldn’t take that deal if it were up to me

Sure you could receive maybe one more bodyshot from a McCree or .3 more seconds of soldier fire before dying, but it wouldn’t solve the healing issue

The only way I can see removing/lowering Mercy heals for Pharah is if you let Pharah heal herself.

Maybe spend fuel resource to do it, so there’s a TrAdEoFf as people around here are so obsessed with lol

Well yeah, it’s probably not the best buff tradeoff, but the idea is to make something that’s a worthwhile tradeoff.

What did GreyFalcon do to you , why are you so antagonistic towards them? :stuck_out_tongue:

My guess, based on post history, a Brig main who doesn’t like the “Brig shouldn’t be an offtank alternative” I’ve been posting.

If that’s the case, pretty petty. You’d think people can discuss ideas objectively in each separate thread but I guess not, sometimes (reaper_shrug)

Their ideas are just obnoxiously dumb

Yeah nah, I have like 2 hours on brig lmao your ideas are just terrible all around

Well if we’re going by what minimal info is in your profile, a bronze tier 1 trick Mercy main who can’t comprehend the overall game design. :slight_smile: