OW2 Open queue and other issues

If your afraid of tanks just add Tank limitations Role queue is killing and needs to be replaced as the primary gamemode or treated equally, this game streamers dont want to stream overwatch people dont want to look at the 10-20m waiting screen for a 15 minute game.

Casuals dont want to queue for 10-30 minutes for a 15 minute game you are destroying your game
I have two friends from Valorant and tried to get them to play overwatch and every time I get them on they’re like screw this after being in queue for 6 minutes you on the forums may not find this an issue but it is killing the playerbase and will lead to the death of the game it isnt normal other games like CSGO and Valorant have almost instant queues Valorant literally has 30 second queues.

Peak overwatch the fun games was 2018 diverse comps dive meta this was the game everyone enjoyed and wanted to play
Return Open queue with Tank limitations limit the amount of tanks per team make it so you can switch between roles still though I would rather have 3 Dps than have to wait 15mins for a queue for support in OW1
or 15minutes for a Tank in OW2.

There will always be a least and most favourite role and even if you release new characters this just offsets the balance even more or temporarily offsets it meaning you have to constantly release characters for the weakest role or 3 characters at once for all roles to keep it balanced.
Support is also just not as entertaining to watch which isnt fact but I think its quite objective theres no insane flick or playmake potential unless your watching Zen, Lucio to a lesser extent Ana and Baptise because theyre more focused on healing but still do high damage.

On another tangent the speed boost for DPS was unneeded it actually makes it worse for the DPS you’ve nerfed such as Cassidy and healers and makes it better for characters like Genji and Tracer who are already good and makes AD spam worse, I main both of these so this isnt a cope post.

Here are all the reasons why Open queue is superior if reworked to limit tanks
Role Queue needs to go there are numerous reasons.

You can play about 5 Open queue games in some regions and ranks in the time you can play 1 DPS game this means you will play more games per hour.

I have two friends who have overwatch but will literally not play it when I manage to get them on we get a 7-8 minute queue and theyre like ok im done im coming off before we get into the game the average casual player will not sit through these comps when they can play valorant with 30 second queues it is killing the playerbase and will lead to the downfall of the game.

Open queue allows for more interesting comps if tank is limited to prevent goats.

Open queue is better to watch in OWL because its interesting to see what wacky strats and comps the pros will pull off provided it doesnt turn into goats since no one enjoyed that across any role imagine the first time actual dive was played that was incredible it was the first time anything like it had been seen.

Role queue allows you to switch roles if your doing bad or if your DPS are playing a dive comp but your more of a brawl tank you can switch who plays tank if the other person is better at divey tanks it encourages more team play and communication to figure out ideal team comp which will lead to more communication over the course of the game.

The 6DPS instalocks that people rumor was incredibly rare and hardly ever saw in my experience playing from 2016-2018 maybe once every 20 games.
And its practically no different than in OW1 having Lucio and Zen for healers or Hog and wrecking ball for tanks.
Or playing Genji into Pharah Mercy if people wish to throw comps you cannot stop them people who play suboptimal picks will always sabotage the game no matter what so do not let this stop returning Open Queue and saving Overwatch and brining it back to the golden ages.

TLDR: Bring back Open queue remove role queue as primary gamemode add Tank restrictions so Goats cant be abused but allow people to switch between Tank role to save your game.

20 Likes

I agree they need to remove role queue it is a failed experiment… Sunk cost fallacy…

22 Likes

I loved Open queue back in 2018 was so interesting what comps people could come up with shame goats ruined it.

4 Likes

Not another of thise stupid “role queue bad” topics… jesus whats up with those people? The time is over

23 Likes

Role queue will lead to the games demise people dont want to watch people getting into queues

People dont want to wait 30 minutes for a potentially 10 minute game you as a forum poster who may sweat overwatch may not care but the average person will not play this game
I have first hand evidence from 2 friends who will not play the game because of queues.

If you are platinum you could actually be Diamond or Masters with more players since its % based all the players that are left are essentially die hard fans which inflates the SR.

9 Likes

I am one of the bigger proponents of “no RQ” on here but even I think there’s not much reason to do so atm

Queue times right now are not reflective of much of anything atm……release a support tomorrow and see what happens to queues….people are just trying to try out the new stuff (none of which is in the support role) and the devs are still in assessment mode….game can look very different in a few months time

I’m still not a fan of RQ just because of what it does to game but I don’t think it specifically is responsible for anything atm

3 Likes

There’s a reason why no other multiplayer does role queue. Role Queue was a bandaid for GOATs and other degenerate team comps at the time. OW2’s core design changes seem like they make stuff like GOATs impossible to pull off. All they need to do is limit tanks to 1 per team and it’ll be fine.

9 Likes

This will not maintain release a support tomorrow but they still wont want to play the role after the new support gets boring people dont want to play the “weakest role” I dont want to actually call it the weakest role.

Tank had more new characters than support in recent times yet tank is the least played role because its punishing even if it has some of the highest impact.

So basically add role queue? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I think they mean like first come first serve on the hero select

Which means it’s gonna be an SSD race to play tank

3 Likes

No. Just stop more than one tank from being chosen on a team once you’re in a match. This has been an optional server setting on TF2 since 2007. I’m sure Blizzard can manage it too.

3 Likes

Its not the same your not queueing for any role you just lock the tank role and no one else can select it queues will still be faster because no one is actively queueing for any role.
If they unselect tank anyone else can lock it.

1 Like

Hardware race lol

I can imagine people will just leave if someone else picks tank before they can.

Put a real penalty on leaving games then, like a temp ban from queueing like a bunch of other games do. It cannot be exaggerated how cancerous role queue has been for the game and how many people quit because of it.

5 Likes

The problem DOES need addressed and the easiest solution is to just add role limits, so I guess that is why it is suggested often. The other solutions are more complicated.

2 Likes

People who want to shut down conversations without actually putting forth an argument know they have no leg to stand on.

4 Likes

There is already a huge penalty for leaving games you lose 70SR for leaving a game which is the equivilent to 3 comp games they waste 3 hours minimum of their own time possibly more because most people dont win 3 games back to back.

1 Like

Yeah yeah you can talk about this all you want but OW2 is build around 122 and nothing changes this. Its not like in 222 they did not anything to balance accordingly. You have lost and you failed system will as balanced be as total mayhem in arcade wher it belongs.

OW2 Has had almost 0 changes outside of Sombra Bastion and the Tanks.
The game hasnt really changed severly enough to change this.

1 Like

That just sounds terrible…

“You better be quick to choose your favourite role otherwise you’ll be forced to play something else that you may not want to or take a harsh penalty!”

Thank God we have role queue

6 Likes