OW2 Open queue and other issues

Then I feel people would just not want to play the game, especially since we’re talking about a casual mode. If some Hog 1 trick gets beat to the chase by someone else then they’re just gonna hop on Fortnite or something bc obviously they’re not gonna have fun on OW unless they get lucky or have a good SSD.

1 Like

I was speaking more from the casual side of things. Obviously ranked games have an inherent penalty.

Yeah, the system every other game uses just fine is failed. Lmao. No, role queue is the failed system. They had to add open queue back because role queue was causing people to quit en masse in Europe. The downward projection OW1 had can be traced back to them overdesigning the queue process to try and reign in GOATs.

I was talking about comp but also if this is a problem they can also do it like with what Valorant is doing soon where times to select a character are allocated every 10 seconds so whoever gets the first character pick is random making it more fair.

I do not want to play a version of OW that doesn’t have Role Queue. I did that already, it was miserable.

4 Likes

And most people dont want to play a version of overwatch that has 30 minute queues for 2 roles both of which happen to be the most entertaining to watch
Its only going to kill the game.

And you’re a vocal minority.

How do you know? I bet more people enjoy RQ over OQ

4 Likes

The idea that a leave penalty will push more people away than long queue times is ludicrous to the point of comedy.

Phase one and a change to what? Over 30% of the heroes and new map design. It has changed already. You are just to blind to see it. The dream of “open queue” is over. Go home and stop spamming the forums with this topic again and again. We talked about this so many times we dont need talk about this again.

The playerbase was bigger during OQ than RQ which isnt definitive but it shows atleast a couple of million liked OQ

1 Like

Player numbers before and after it was added and again, the fact that they had to add it back in in Europe because so many people were leaving.

1 Like

You guys dont have OQ in Na?

Most of the maps are the same as 2018 what do you mean theres like 3 new ones and they would all work in OQ.

1 Like

Then those people shouldn’t play the tech beta that you can only access by watching 4 hours of a streamer.

Are you under the impression that OW2 has launched already? It hasn’t.

This isnt about the beta this is about the longevity of OW2 when it releases if the game releases with RQ it wont last long before it just turns into OW1 and eventually dies.

All it takes is a quick look to the new twitch streamers “Man why are these queues so long” Were going on Valorant after this.
Or my own friends 2 of which refuse to play overwatch simply because theyd rather play 2 valorant games than

Play 2 queue time simulators and then play a 10 minute game which can potentially get steam rolled.

It was bigger before the Sonic the Hedgehog movie released, too. Maybe that’s what did it.

1 Like

Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door!

I don’t care
What you’re going to say
Let the forum rage on
The queue times never bothered me anyway!

Clearly bothered everyone that left and all the people streaming on twitch.
Your larping on my thread I would appreciate it if you could stop.

2 Likes

What a dumb post. Probably the stupidest one in this thread so far.

Nevermind, this one topped it.

2 Likes

Thank you was the first time I googled lyrics for a reply :joy:

I’ve been hearing about OW dying since it was announced in 2014. This game is outpacing every AAA shooter that released in 2021 in the middle of a 2 year content drought. It’s not going to die even if they turn it into a 1v1 Brig-only game.

These people literally do not matter, and no one cares about them except their weird, friendless fans.

There’s the level of intellectual rigor OW doomsayers are famous for. I’m truly sorry that humor doesn’t register when you’re in angry gamer mode. Lighten up. It’s not that serious.

2 Likes