Overwatch League Picks Beta - "Error Claiming Prize" (Website/Promotion Bug)

There have been multiple reports of players who get the error message “Error Claiming Prize” after clicking the “Claim Reward” button on the OverwatchLeague.com live player viewer. Once this message is displayed, it cannot be reset or resolved. See the screenshot below.

Steps taken to no success:

• Attempted to hard refresh the web browser (Ctrl+F5)
  • Attempted to log off and log back onto OverwatchLeague.com
  • Attempted to deauthorize the “OWL Maestro” extension on my Blizzard account, then reauthorize by logging back onto OverwatchLeague.com.
  • Attempted to access the account from a different web browser (primarily use Google Chrome, switched to Microsoft Edge). I believe this proves the issue is not web browser related.

Note that I do acknowledge this problem is related to a promotion that is declared to be in “beta” and is not directly releated to the Overwatch Game Client itself, nevertheless I will try to encourage others to report to this thread in hopes of providing a single place of reference for this new website/promotion feature.

21 Likes

Same issue for me. I hope that developer team will solve this and give us the tokens.

2 Likes

Same issue, and took the same procedures without any success.

1 Like

Same here it is bully

Am also getting this error. Have taken steps mentioned above, without success.

Same Issue here, can’t claim rewards as well

Just logging in to do the picks thing isn’t working.
It keeps saying the website is down.

I think they took down the site again, the starting questions for the final match never loaded before the first map began.

The questions for Shanghai vs Vancouver went live and i got already 1 correct answer and tried to pick up the 1st 2 prizes (make a pick and 1 correct guess) both were a error even tho the site is live

1 Like

Same on my side: 4 correct picks - means “Make a Pick” and “Get 1 Pick Correct” are viable for me. But on both: “Error Claiming Prize”. Firefox and Chrome have the same issue.

Having same issue as others here: “Make a Pick” and “Get 1 Pick Correct” are completed challenges, when I go to redeem: "Error Claiming Prize”. This sucks if people who completed these challenges get robbed of these tokens because of shoddy app implementation. Please give us a fix. People who participated in this promotion tonight are probably the avid OWL watchers who stay up to date with the League. Burning them because of an error not of their making is alienating and not good business.

I don’t know if I did anything special. I clicked the first one and it switched to “Pending” so I went on to click the second and it succeeded. As that happened the first one said it had an error. I don’t know if this will help anyone, but figured I’d mention it.

It’s called a beta for a reason.

After this :point_up_2: I tried clicking my second prize and I could redeem it fine (the first one ended in error).

the thing is tho, both my prizes say error theres no way to click it again, i mean the fingers appears when you hover over the error msg as if you could click it but nothing happens, i guess we just need to give blizz some time, they might fix it or they just give everyone some free tokens as a sry

2 Likes

Oh TRU, thanks for stating the obvious. Obviously that makes my opinion about a fatal, seemingly universal flaw invalid. Thanks for your trite critique.

1 Like

having the same issue here

It’s a beta so they can fix problems like these.

You don’t say. Damn, didn’t know that’s what they were trying to do. Thanks for keeping me informed. I obviously wouldn’t have known that before your expert insight. What’s this forum for again?

2 Likes

Same thing.
Two first claims ended up failing.

2 Likes