Orisa Hog isn't a good comp anymore, guys

Omg thank you. I’ve been thinking this for months, and every time I see the other tank deliberate for a bit and then just pick hog because I picked Orisa, I just think “ugh…”

And sure enough, we always lose point A on defense and then either one of us switches or we just lose point B relatively quickly too.

Orisa hog had a time and a place, but Orisa is nowhere near main tank material enough to do anything relevant.

Sigma hog, however…

What’s funny is that Sigma is viable in virtually every situation where Orisa used to be good.

I don’t recall making 50 posts about not playing Hogrisa.

2 Likes

Sombra tracer was very effective against Orisa and Sigma, but nobody would run it…

That being said, the entire Dive 2.0 comp required significantly more effort to play successfully than Orisa Sigma comps.

Sigma Hog is still not a great comp. Sigma doesn’t have enough barrier to play with Hog, although it’s not nearly as bad as Orisa Hog. The only tank who has enough barrier to play with Hog is Reinhardt, and even then, it’s almost always inferior to Rein Zarya unless you’re countering Wrecking Ball with it.

Well, it is a bit concerning that OpenQueue isn’t an option for the main competitive mode, because of GOATs and TripleBarrierGOATs.

And if they aren’t going to do something like 1-3-2.

Then that means some pretty substantial changes to 2-2-2 Tank popularity is needed.

1 Like

50 threads about the state of tanks in some form

That’s like, an entire category.

And they haven’t fixed the problem yet, so I’m still going to talk about it. I get several forced losses a day by brainless tank comps.

4 Likes

Then expect to get flagged as spam

I do and the mods restore the posts because it isn’t spam.

3 Likes

It is spam because you spam the same topics that have the same message of “Rein is too good, other tank comps are terrible”

Unfortunately 1-3-2 is garbage, and many players still struggle against multiple tanks.

I wish there were a way to make multiple tank comps equally viable and with clear combos countering other combos.

Unfortunately it seems that one combo will be labeled as “best” and run ad nauseum without consideration for anything else.

I mean, you’re not really wrong but at least it’s better than Hog/Ball. Also, I don’t really care for blaming the community for playing something that should by all rights be perfectly viable.

This is Blizzard’s screw up. If nothing else, the more people that play it, lose, and complain about it, the more likely they are to actually fix things.

That is quite certainly false flagging.

That is voicing your opinion, That is what the forums are for.
He is not doing anything wrong. I do not care if you disagree or agree with him, He is doing nothing wrong. :neutral_face:

1 Like

True, but for Platinum and below and most of Quickplay, that doesn’t need to apply.

1 Like

But that isn’t what I’m saying here.

I’m saying, don’t play Orisa with Hog.

Orisa can be played with Rein and Sigma.
Hog can be played with Rein and nothing else.

Even if Rein was nerfed into the absolute bottom of F tier “Don’t play Orisa with Hog” would still be true. You’d want some kind of Sigma comp then, or dive.

2 Likes

Hmm…

What if I start spamming threats about how glorious MonkeyBall is and how Dive 2.0 is an underrated comp?

It would be a mission to counteract all the Rein Zarya stuff

That’s because of anti-dive heroes like McCree, Moira, Brigitte, etc. not because of Orisa/Sigma. Either nerf the anti-flankers or buff the flankers.

Honestly Winston is desperately overdue for buffs, he’s the worst tank statistically even lower than Orisa.

No it isn’t

And yet when people made threads about Moira they were flagged. Sounds like classic forums bias to me.

I mean, Orisa Sigma isn’t that bad, it’s a hell of a lot better than Orisa Hog. I think Orisa Rein is better, but Orisa Sigma has a lot going for it.