✅ Monthly Competiive Classic request thread

Just the monthly request for a Pre-RQ frozen-balance Competitive Classic.

Credit to GreyFalcon.

10 Likes

Adding a broken, unbalanced, unfair game mode that’s frozen (not supported by the devs) is a terrible idea that diminishes the quality of the game and the value of the ACTUAL competitive mode.

We’ve been over this.

15 Likes

You can’t post weekly only monthly.

Posting weekly is against tos, counts as spam

1 Like

If you don’t want to play it, you don’t have to

8 Likes

That has nothing to do with the damage a broken, unsupported game mode would do to the game.

1 Like

It won’t be the main competitive mode so I don’t see the problem

10 Likes
  • It would be unsupported by the devs, and therefore would be broken and lower quality.
  • It would cause people to just get salty when it never gets fixed.
  • If it gave out comp points or SR, it would diminish the value of actual comp.
  • It would be a static meta forever - IMAGINE, INFINITE GOATS.
2 Likes

Yes. Role queue broke the game.

I don’t want to queue for 20 minutes to play Doomfist. OW without role queue is more balanced, and I personally think if I want to play 6 dps comps I should be allow to. Who is Jeff Kaplan to talk about the balance of the game, considering he’s in Gold?

9 Likes

It would be supported by the devs just like any other ranked arcade game.

People are salty no matter what.

Lucioball gives SR and Comp points, and yet no one complains about it diminishing the main Comp.

Imagine not knowing GOATs was dead[quote=“DrDangerRuss-2439, post:10, topic:455629”]
The whole point of frozen comp is its unsupported and gets no support apart from making sure it runs.
[/quote]

I’m personally not sure about the frozen part myself.

That’s the reason they are there. The escape from Role Q

They come during events and no damage is really done. People can choose what they want to play,l and the same thing can be said if Comp Classic were added.

You do know GOATs was beaten, right?

5 Likes

The whole point of frozen comp is its unsupported and gets no support apart from making sure it runs.

Yes, people get salty no matter what - they’ll have good reason to in frozen comp though, since their heroes WONT PLAY THE SAME AS QUICKPLAY OR ACTUAL COMP. No rein buffs, no baptiste, no nothing.

Lucioball and all other comp modes are temporary - they dont matter, they go away.

The OP is talking about freezing the game at the patch when GOATS was king.

1 Like

A simple disclaimer in the description for the mode takes care of all of this.

It would be its own ladder. The value of SR only applies to the ladder it is earned in. Many games have multiple modes with separate SR.

Goats only worked at top end play and was already on its way out just RQ was introduced.

3 Likes

That’s the point though. People will play Comp Classic to get away from Role Q.

They stay for 3 weeks each and nothing negative happens. People don’t have to play those modes, same with Comp Classic.

GOATs was defeated, you know that, right?

3 Likes

And seperate the player base even more, along with potentially drastically worsening the queue times, but for every role this time??

Yeah… That’s a big no from me…

Nice joke, but no.

And you still are allowed to, in Quick Play Classic.

You’ve already accepted that this is a good idea.

3 Likes

No, i mean it literally wont play like the same game. Barriers will be more powerful. Brig will still be a beast. New heroes wont exist. None of the buffs or nerfs will go through AND WILL NEVER GO THROUGH. Lets say they rework Sym again? Wont exist in Ye Olde Comp. Some characters will play completely differently. Not the same game.

Yeah, nothing negative happens because they go away - people dont get attached. If classic comp became a permanent thing, people would constantly whine.

Nah, GOATS was pretty much what all the top teams ran at the time we’re talking about.

His post refers to arcade. Your gif refers to NOT arcade.

1 Like

Time to flag for spam :smiley:

As a RoleQ fan I like this idea.

2 Likes

That’s the idea…

About what? All you’ve said in this regard is that it diminishes from the main Comp, which I still don’t understand how it does.

Did you not see Shanghai Dragons in Stage 3?

1 Like

Exactly, not the same game - it’s pointless to play it when compared to any other mode, because it’ll be old and broken. New players will all be “WTF is this broken trash? Fix it and make it good like normal comp!”

About the imbalances that’ll never get better, the game mode that’ll never get better and how the neglected game mode is stagnant and broken forever. How its boring, how the new improvements that come through to proper comp are so much better, how they never get any new maps or heroes, etc etc…

No, i didnt see SD on stage 3, not entirely sure how that changes anything.