Why is open que "the lesser" competitive?

Again, continued conversation when you refuse to answer simple questions is pointless.

That’s fine. I really am talking more to the dev team than you. Yes, they do read and they do listen. I imagine they would be intelligent enough to follow my train of thought.

The correct solution would have been to strengthen compositions which feature desirable heroes if in fact they were weak.

This way players get to play what they had wanted to play most of the time if that is not already the case.

Oh yeah, i figured that was what you were trying. The devs read the forums but i doubt they read much of your repetitive little rants.

Maybe, just maybe, if you had a decent conversation and answered my questions you’d get some insight as to their thought processes. Or instead you could blindly shout your same opinion over and over. Maybe i could help you understand how these things work so you could more effectively communicate with the devs.

I mean, i could have explained why your education thing wouldnt work and is against some core principals of game design, but you didnt even give it a chance.

I dunno. Just a thought.

The same way you “explained” how open queue as an option side by side role queue wouldn’t work and is against core principles of game design?

Yeah I think I will pass on your explanations.

The developers clearly disagree(d) with you.

I have neither discussed repetitively nor “ranted” and the implication of such is inappropriate.

Funny, looking back didnt i predict people would say that OQ would be seen as “the lesser” competitive mode?

I’m sure i said that people would complain that its not in the front page of the UI?

What about when i said people would get upset that the devs arent spending enough time developing stuff for OQ and they would blame RQ?

I mean, the only thing i didnt get right was how people would complain about OQ balance. I’d guess that’s because people dont take the lesser competitive mode seriously.

Funny that. But you carry on :slight_smile:
…and on…
…and on…
…and on…
…and on…
…and on…

Yeah and my response back then to you was: who cares? Players don’t have to play it. And players today still do not have to play it if they consider it to be the lesser mode.

We did complain and we got it onto the front page.

Haven’t seen much of this at all. New heroes and content isn’t an Open Queue specific request. But yes, Role Queue and its problems require enormous commitment to solve and take away development for all other modes and genuine innovations.

You got pretty much everything wrong. Most hilariously how you kept going on about the balance side and it being impossible to have two versions or a completely broken competitive. Dichotomous thinking.

You were also wrong about:

It does not in any way diminish the quality of your preferred mode. Or are you going to backtrack that one?

Can you answer your old questions that you posed to me on that?

Oh dear, you were also wrong about this:

Oh and this:

Are you really a game developer? It seems doubtful.

Aside from the balancing merits of open queue vs. role queue, the latter is going to have more higher skilled players that take the match seriously. Open queue has the perception of being more “casual”, so the mode attracts more of those types of players versus role queue.

Hah, you spent some time finding those :slight_smile:

Uh, comp classic isnt on the front page.

Having 2 serious game modes would need to be balanced separately, which is impossible. We only have 1 serious game mode and a lesser mode :slight_smile:

No backtracking, i stand by all my other statements :slight_smile: I mean, its nice that you quoted loads of questions you didnt answer though :slight_smile: The out of context stuff is cool too - 2 distinct competitive endgame e-sport modes WOULD mean a confused playerbase. We only have 1 competitive endgame mode though :wink:

And yeah, i am a dev :slight_smile: Its kinda hilarious that people are wasting time with contradictions, pedantic stuff and “trying to be right” rather than actually asking me direct questions on dev stuff and game design so they might learn something :wink:

It’s an unsupported game mode that the same is not balanced around it. Hence it is the ‘lesser’ comp queue.

Did we really need a 190 post thread to answer this question?

I didn’t. I just looked at my thread history. Pretty easy to find with a quick search.

Front page as in front of the menu? I don’t think anyone was asking for that. We did ask for it to be side-by-side Role Queue and we now have that.

Open queue is by far the superior mode in my opinion.

Please provide evidence that it is inferior.

So what was the issue that you were trying to raise? Because I don’t think anyone cared which gamemode was “endgame”? We just wanted it as an option side by side and you tried to deny us that. You tried really hard but you lost. :slight_smile:

So just to clarify you still want to get rid of Open Queue as an option from the game?

Then you are an out of touch one.

You are the type of developer who thinks you should get to decide how people play.

Rather than give them the options.

You want to inflict your version of subjective quality onto everyone.

You need to go back and relearn the fundamentals of game design.

Take a long hard look at your current approach and realise why it’s wrong with the current state of the gaming industry.

Using a lot of smiley emojis does not make you correct. Not sure what’s up with that.

There is nothing to be learnt from you. However you do have some learning to do about game design.

1 Like

I’ve debated all these things with you before repeatedly and you changed the subject and avoided the point then too. Again, this debate has become pointless.

These personal insults about my ability to perform my job are untrue and inappropriate.

1 Like

So same thing as role lock?

Please answer this question:

Do you want to get rid of Open Queue as an option from the game?

If your answer is yes then it shows that you are out of touch.

That you prioritise other things over the single most important and basic rule of game design:

Fun.

You like to repeat that a lot even though it’s not true.

This is something you like to do in most of your posts.

I could go through your post history and almost every “debate” with another poster follows the same format of you and that person having a disagreement and you telling them that they supposedly have not addressed your points when they clearly have.

Not at all. For example I think Jeff Kaplan was a brilliant man.

However he too was out of touch.

He championed and signed off on forced 2-2-2 Role Queue.

But eventually even he realised the error of his ways and that players should be given options.

But it was too late. The damage had been done.

Is it any coincidence that he is no longer working for the company?

By the way this is also inappropriate:

I’m sorry, but unless you can learn to answer questions, be civil and hold a decent conversation everything you post is pointless.

As such, i am muting this thread.

I haven’t had a good experience in open queue. People seem to treat it as a free for all and I hardly saw people switching if something wasn’t working

1 Like

Once again:

I have been perfectly civil.

This is inappropriate. Everything I have posted has a point and therefore is not pointless.

You evidently are unable to see the point but I do hope the developers that do read this forum will follow my train of thought and perhaps implement some of my suggestions in the sequel.

No. Pretty much exactly the opposite.
If you Q up for a Role in Role Q, then this is a conscious decision that you made before the match started.
You don’t get pressured to pick a Tank or Support by 4 other people who instalocked DPS already.
You will also get matched based on the SR/MMR of the Role you Q for, so you won’t end up filling for a Role on which you heavily underperform.

2 Likes

Yeah instead you get pressured by long queue times for your preferred role and literal bribes.

But you can play a hero that you heavily underperform on.

i think because a lot of people treat it like quick play but competitive in a way where they try their best to win the game but if they lose its like ahh who cares

I don’t know a single person who cares about the 25 credits.
Also you can always Q up for Open Q and instalock DPS if you don’t want to wait in Role Q.
Though many people rather choose to wait for better match quality in Role Q, than to get a quick match in Open Q :wink:

No one said that Role Q is perfect, but it took a few major issues out of the equation.

Also if you pick a hero that you are bad with in Role Q, then you have no one to blame but yourself.
Just pick one of the heroes of the Role you Q’d up for that you are good with and that issue is fixed.

3 Likes