I've changed my position on qpc, and having a ranked version

You know what, there SHOULD be a ranked versions of qpc.

Yes we have ranked roleQ as comp.

But if we can have ranked Lucioball and ranked ctf, then sure as hell ranked QPC is reasonable.

CompClassic should be a thing, and I apologise to anyone who I said differently to.

8 Likes

I don’t see any harm in it tbh.

Though most people against the idea will say the game will be balanced towards 2 2 2

And it will be.

We don’t balance around lucioball. But that is ok.

I personally wouldn’t use it. Plus I think it will be a low pop mode in smaller regions anyway.

But if theres a market, capitalize on it sure.

But a glaring flaw they will have to accept is, 2/2/2 is the balance path now, and 3/3 comps would be completely overpowered forcing a meta on everyone in comp Classic defeating the purpose of it.
Unless they commit to a balance patch SPECIFICALLY for classic comp, it might not even be worthwhile having in the first place.

I’d be all game for competetive QPC, because yeah we don’t balance for competetive arcade games.

I personally think it’s the best chance of having “the best of both worlds” type of deal.

I doubt it would have much of a population but don’t see the harm in adding it. Just as long as the game isn’t balanced around it.

Lucio isnt even the same in Lucioball and it is pretty upsetting. The difference makes me lose every time i play the silly mode.

1 Like

Would this be an entirely separate ladder from normal Comp?

Since I know the goal here is to drain excess DPS.

Yep lucioball is a different ladder from comp.

Surprisingly enough it isn’t.

It was people complaining (correctly) that being sent to qpc when they want a ranked mode was unfair.

It is true. It is unfair to them, and while I throw a lot of shade at the qpc crowd, they have a point.

And I am nothing if not a reasonable person who is sympathetic towards people who do have a point.

Although you know that’s what would happen :slight_smile:

As is, ironically I get 2 minute DPS queues in Quickplay and 6 minute DPS queues at 2300SR Comp.

And QPC is probably a big reason for that difference.

2 Likes

No. The problem is that splitting the players like this even makes the queue time experience of the ranked worse.

Hmm. Splitting the DPS players across both modes might actually alleviate queue times. Could work out well.

It probably would make it better, since CompClassic would have a lot more DPS.

Hmm… you have a point here.

I have nothing against it, however I would not play it.

The big problem will be with 3 different SR’s how will you make that work in a game?

That brings me to a second glaring flaw thinking about queue times.
Comp classic would need a different matchmaker too, and pair more people from across different ranks (basically having to unrestrict the usual rules the old matchmaker would have on how far apart each rank can search for players to fill the game) or squash the rank numbers down so ranks are 250 apart (as opposed to 500 SR gaps between ranks) and try using the old matchmakers rules (which honestly seems like it would be easier for them) and just adjust what happens when you hit GM (4000) down to whatever GM rank is when they squash the numbers down to stop people from reaching out of the matchmakers ability to put them into a game.

Comp classic would undoubtedly have less players than the normal mode, so some ranks would be unable to find matches anymore due to the scarcity of their similarly ranked players. They are already thin on actual comp, but even thinner on Comp Classic.

You wouldn’t. Against lucioball style.

Even GOATS could have been balanced without ruining the heroes for 222 but of course Blizzard nerfed the wrong things.
And even if so, GOATS has never been a thing below idk, masters, so the majority of the players are still safe.

Gotta say.

This is such a good idea, that I’m a bit aggravated that I didn’t think of it first.

:tired_face:

1 Like

I have some worries.

Says goats DOES take off in rqpc…

Then at high ranked we lose more of the tank players from regular comp.

That is literally my only worry.