🕊️ [Mercy] Minimalist rework

Mercy

• 0.5sec cast time Single Rez during Valkyrie on Q.
  • 80hps heal-boost for 2 seconds on E.
    • 10sec cooldown.
    • Works on chain heals in Valk.
  • Less clunky Rez
  • Clutch Heals
6 Likes

Would take it
Would prefer my idea to stab stun meta in the face but this is also a solid idea. Specially since it also accomadates the Mercy players on Console

4 Likes

Having to use both your abilities in your ultimate just to make it have some impact doesn’t sound much better than what we have right now tbh.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

The little boost of an ability on an E seems super understated, but it’s just that little twinge of interaction that Mercy really needs to get her out of the feeling of being a super passive healer.

It’s a massive nerf on Rez. Rather than rez every 30 seconds, it’s every minute or more.

I wouldn’t mind that. It puts res back into the ultimate and gives her a burst of healing when she needs it.

So Genji blade being nigh useless without his mobility ability once the team spreads out. Does that make Dragonblade bad since he has to use dash to get value?

Well, Rez is averaging about 6-8 per game. Regardless of skill tier.

So it wouldn’t change much.

Single rez every >1 minute seems SUPER bad for a character who can’t do anything else but heal.

Bc you know, damage boost cant be used anymore. 50hps and all that noise

I think it’d be much better if the E wasn’t a heal, in fact it should be something that is utility that dosen’t greant ult charge.
Mainly because it could add skill to Mercy that interactivity if you will but not screw around with balancing her ultimate charge which seems to be the main thing people like Blame the Controller have against rez attached to the ult

Well, I kinda go back and forth on Rez during ultimate. But above Bronze, Mercy healing per skill tier isn’t that much different between tiers for Mercy, compared to other healers.

I know that. I’m moreso just reffering to the argument people have against rez being on the ult pertaining to how hard it is to balance to be okay at low tiers without the rising skill making it everywhere in the higher tiers

Right now the only argument I’ve got for that is Mercy’s plateau’ing healing after Plat making that an easy thing to work around just by balancing for Plat but an E that heals (and thus grants ult charge) Could have very negative consequences that actually gives that argument some weight.
A defensive ability like a shild or something would be much better IMO.

0.5 second cast time is just… Too strong. If that were to happen rez should be on a 60 second cooldown

What how Amelkera eggsplain

Better than current Mercy. Quick question though. Can you give suggestions now that involve bringing back 60HP? :smiley:

With the healing nerf Mercy doesn’t really get her ult very quickly (plus right now she can’t really solo heal so there’s usually someone else getting ult charge off tanks)

I know they said rez is a big part of her kit but I just want her healing back to 60 and rez gone entirely.

1 Like

I want it to be 55 hp/s. It is the best middle ground

Mercy 1.0 was D lister in the pro scene and Even got buff’s at one point even though rez could get more then 1 person and was literally instant back then.
But .5 cast time attached to an ult htat could easily have charge rate nerfed if needed is way too OP?

I didn’t read the ult part. My bad

1 Like

Considering I was the main person advocating for 50hps before it happened, I’m probably not the best person to talk about that.

But since I feel a bit responsible for it, I’m pitching ideas like this that would make Mercy a little better, and significantly more fun.