Mercy's backed into a corner

Doesn’t matter though, well I mean sort of.
Symettra got almost anything related to her old kit stripped out like an old screw and replaced with fresh new parts, I don’t see why Mercy isn’t eligible for this in her ability section.
Symettra’s core kit essentially her turrets and teleporter, which are still there, but they are literally almost nothing alike the Sym 3.0
I say we just scrap Rez all together and give her something that could benefit her more.

That’s what he said too!

I think that Mercy is in a pretty bad spot. As of now, Mercy is never picked for her unique ability to revive a dead ally, because her healing can’t keep up with the time that it takes her to res. Valk is a joke compared to the other support ultimates, and saying that it helps her survive is getting stale. What kind of ultimate is used to merely escape an unfavorable situation? I think that the devs are very ignorant, so they won’t revert to a version of mass res. Hopefully they buff her in the near future so she isn’t a troll pick anymore.

7 Likes

Well… I am willing to do a trial run, but I reserve the right to bail.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal bodeboop. A sing lap should be completed every time you hear this sound. ding Remember to run in a straight line and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark. Get ready!… Start.

Well, I’ve said it a couple times before. But if you think Rez would be better on an Ult just make it be a Q during Valk.

Then slap on a burst heal ability on E.

Presto, fixed Mercy.
🕊️ [Mercy] Minimalist rework

Would you consider a ramp down healing beam to be burst enough for you, pops?

She’s honestly not that far into the toilet. Its amazing to think that a mere 60 -> 50 h/s change and people think she’s tanked when originally she was like the most picked hero over people like moira and ana by far.

Her core stuff is still strong. Valkyrie was never really that awful and resurrection still has its perks particularly for say first point defense and last point offensive due to the ability to save your team time trying to run back from point.

I’d say that kind of mindset is very focused on the individual instead of the group. And Overwatch is designed from the ground up to focus on teamplay. Check out this interview with Jeff Kaplan, who talked about the team’s mindset when developing Overwatch from the ground up.

I think we saw a refinement take place that said, “Well, what if you had these cool abilities, epic abilities happening, great movement, and then really embraced the team play and objective-based gameplay, and didn’t let it get 12v12 meat-grindery, but really focused people on winning or losing as a group? What could you come up with?”

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-story-of-overwatch-the-complete-jeff-kaplan-in/1100-6439202/

1 Like

If ults that allow the enemy to deal up to sextuple kills are OK, why not an ult that allows up to a quintuple “un-kill”? You killed most of the team once, you can do it again, and next time, kill the mercy first. Mercy’s mass rez wasn’t OP, it was unpunished. You can easily avoid a mass rez is mercy is the first to be eliminated, and she is not that hard to kill, by the way.

2 Likes

Then make it a passive with a internal cooldown

Once someone is dead, heal their soul, if you finish healing them to full =. Rez

BOOM now we got a free E slot and ult

Rez on Ultimate made up for her poor healing ability back then. Without it now, an having to stand still for 1.75 seconds to Rez 1 person… Yep, She’s dead and so is the rest of her team.

Judging by my ~50 games this season in 4300-4550 range, she is pretty F tier. She was never picked for her healing, but the healing nerf made her a terrible pick because she couldn’t keep up with res. If you res, chances are another teammate will die because you weren’t able to heal. Her healing is no longer strong, damage boost isn’t something that you would pick Mercy for, since Ana has a better version in her nano, Valkyrie has been awful for quite a while, and res has a very very very niche use.

9 Likes

Heard that one before, didn’t occur to me that it would free up a keybind.

Im just about to do a post about it XD

I can’t see that being balanced… Mercy would have a 3-5 second cooldown on rez that way.

Honestly dude you deserve a medal for that synopsis on why Mass Rezz isnt good from a gameplay standpoint.

Wish more people would look at that comment. Think far to many Mercy players are only solely thinking about her kit and not the overall game.

1 Like

Srsly more mercy posts that aren’t asking for multi-rez or no-rez, the better.

Right now res is fine. Like literally right now

1 Like

How? How is it fine, from any other perspective than “it’s not overpowered”? How is it engaging? How does it encourage thoughtful play? How does it raise Mercy’s skill ceiling?

The cast restrictions and cooldown it mean that you use it whenever you think you won’t get killed for it. That’s a night-and-day difference from when it was on Q.

1 Like