The Mercy Community Problem

I am not defending those people?

what i’m trying to say is the kid throwing stones already had his fair share of stones going his way too. Childish, but should be quite understandable.

1 Like

No. Justifying throwing rocks is a slippery slope.

2 Likes

I just see it as, if you’re going to be changing a hero dramatically (especially looking over 28 heroes now who may or may not need it); you’re putting the development team into a situation where they are spending more time on current hero identities without time for new heroes/maps/events/etc. We’re already getting heroes at a decently slow pace and slowing that down further to look at things such as a rework for every hero (whose community is asking for it, mercy, torb (finished), symm (finished x2), bastion, and basically everyone asking something for brig) would make everyone who feel like the game is moving at a slow pace hero and lore wise, even further irritated about maybe 2 or 1 heroes/maps a year. Things take time, and not being patient with them is only going to ruin your experience with the game that much more.

1 Like

A lot of players will be like

But i want to chime in. I have played very little comp this season. 6 hours on mercy 5 on Brigitte and 3 on Sombra.

I am a Sombra QP main. I try to run healer in Comp due to 5 dps mostly.

I support the mercy mains efforts in trying to restore fun to their favorite character. If i don’t want to read a thread i will not open it.

3 Likes

Giving up what though?

Why is this such a bad approach?
“I don’t particularly care what they do, as long as she’s fun, worthwhile and most of her skillset requirements are similar enough”.

That said, this is an example of what I think Dev’s could be realistically convinced of doing.

It’s pretty similar to the current design, more effective, and aesthetically it flows a lot better with it’s gameplay timings.

It also gives a bit of forethought into when’s the best timing to use the abilities. Which raises the skill ceiling a bit.

1 Like

On the topic of gathering data - what do you think about this:

Devs add a new feature in the game where you could have one or more daily poll/s on certain topics (skins, events, balance, etc.) as well as optional polls maybe while you queue. I think the best consensus would be that of the people in the game.

EDIT: Forgot to add, there would be exp or loot incentive - not like endorsements, but guaranteed loot at, say, 5-10 polls done?

1 Like

Another person has spammed the forums with yet another thread telling Mercy mains that they’re spamming forums, goes on a massive toxic rant about how toxic Mercy mains supposedly are, in which they deliver a bunch of trash arguments about why Mercy mains’ arguments are trash.

I’m just kinda tired of hypocrites, y’know.

6 Likes

I think the polls may be a good idea, depending on how its implemented. I am more of a visual person. However I would want a small comment option that would correlate with the poll you voted on so you could give context on what you voted. But I wouldn’t be necessarily opposed to it. I think any way for communication between the developer and community that is constructive is always a positive.

If you could please at your earliest convenience, tell me where I am being toxic. I would like to try my best to be transparent and approachable. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

2 Likes

I do have that approach.
However, I also know that those goals aren’t going to be achieved when Mercy’s got this massive tumour of a design mistake to carry around.

Rez has to go to her ult, or it has to be removed. As long as it’s on a cooldown, the rest of her kit will have to be gimped to balance it.

And Valkyrie? Doesn’t matter how you turn it, it’s still a watered down flying Zen ult. And all the ‘enhanced abilities’ that the ult gives do very little beyond removing the decision-making requirements that keep Mercy players engaged. Unless you dramatically rework its mechanics of that ability, it’s never going to be fun.

If Blizzard somehow finds a way to keep their precious E rez and make Mercy fun, balanced, and keep her skillset, then, you know… Great. But they’ve been trying at and failing at that for more than a year now. Maybe, just maybe, there’s a reason for that. If Blizzard wants to keep denying it and throwing their resources at a fundamentally flawed design, well… that’s their money and our time they’re wasting.

2 Likes

Andom question
Someone who has 10 minutes on Mercy and no way to confirm which ieration that time was even on.
Can they really comment on the enjoyability of the games dainty little sidekick?

7 posts with Mercy in the title 1 of which is this thread and 1 is about a video made by someon who’s more or less anti-Mercy but admitting she needs changes.

All of which are from different people.
I mean it’s low tier spam and clearly not from one person so… how is it spam?

i get a feeling i may know this player in a previous user name

I was gonna call BS but you have 9 posts so… carry on.

You think you know me from a previous username?

i am just saying there was a user who targeted a certain person for unjust harassment and slandered then

You comment seemed like you have knowledge of this atrocity too

Nothing I have said is slander. It is observations based on what myself, and many other people have seen on these forums. The only single person I even mentioned, I have not named. Even when someone was trying to get me to mention their name. Be careful when hinting at accusations like that.

1 Like

not saying it was you. just a previous user who targeted another user

I assumed you might have knowledge of that incident

My understanding is that this revolves around the number of game-changing “Wow!” moments she achieves. Before, if the stars aligned just right, you could save the day as Mercy and be hailed as the hero.

Now she has the single least impactful ultimate in the game, replacing Widowmaker in that slot. It turns her low HPS into a low-HPS AoE and increases her survivability a bit. Great. Every other support has something game-changing to offer. She just keeps healing along at a whopping 50-60 hp/s. Nothing to see here, folks.

Leaving aside the fact that the essential problem with Mercy is that they’re trying to balance a binary ultimate as a regular ability, which will never work however badly they want it to, which is the only (but large) problem I have with the new Mercy, that’s the “fun and impactful” argument in a nutshell.

4 Likes

Right. But you see what you did? You gave a valid criticism following fun and impactful. You didn’t just say fun and impactful and left it there. You elaborated. When used in this context I do not have a problem with it being used. There’s an actual argument there.

1 Like