Longer time to load into competitive game

When a competitive match first starts, it now takes at least 15 seconds longer to load into the game, and I am not compensated with extra time to choose heroes and build a decent team composition. Started after Storm Rising patch and seems to be universal for all players, regardless of server or computer.

1 Like

There has been a new unintended change to the rules where the Competitive loading screen stays until all players includes those with slower hard drives or connection speeds are properly loaded into the game. I am personally not a fan of this change as it has resulted in more conflicts of interest when it comes to hero selections.

2 Likes

If you need to reconnect to a game it also takes a lot longer than it used to before, so your team is left 5v6 for about 20 sec extra.

It’s funny when you actually punish people with good hardware/connection to give everyone the same advantage. It’s actually morally the same as reducing FPS for players with good hardware to match the player with the worst hardware.

What a stupid decision by the dev’s.

Not impressed with this at all.

I didn’t buy SSD’s to load at the speed of a cheap mechanical drive.

4 Likes

I can’t say I am a fan either. I recently posted that I am opposed to such a measure. I don’t see why people with better rigs and connections should be punished by having to wait on someone who may be using a rig which barely runs the game.

@KaKao

That explains why there are matches with 5 players for longer than before. Stupid change.

My main issue with this is that it feels really not fun when you are stuck on a loading screen. It tends to feel so much longer before you get into a game right now.

I also don’t notice that I am really any later compared to others in picking a hero. I feel that people that have slow PC’s still have to wait a bit longer before the next menu gets loaded.

Hello all!

This change isn’t intended - we are looking into it. Thanks for the report!

Thanks,
Bruce

11 Likes

Maybe I’m not seeing the problem here. If everyone is taking that extra 15 seconds then it doesn’t affect what heroes get picked first or anything. I’d much rather this than be the only one waiting that long and then having to pick last.

1 Like

Yep. Just keep it up) Cuz I thought that blizzard special integrated new thing more time to load the game.

Thank you Bruce. I’m really glad this is not an intended change to the game.

Phew

1 Like

For me it takes almost 15 min to enter a comp game… only with a defensive heroe it takes so long to finally get into a game.