Bug or Feature? Slow Loading

For some reason the game sits on the map loading screen a LOT longer now. Is this intentional or a bug? From what i understand its happening for everyone.

6 Likes

Everyone is experiencing it, yes. Can’t tell if it’s a bug or intentional, but the fact that it takes longer pretty much means everyone loads in at an equal time, if im correct. Not sure though

1 Like

its very much intentional. Blizzard made a slight pause in the loading so people with slower PC / HDD’s can pick their favorite character before the SSD people.

did a dev or someone confirm this?

2 Likes

I would like to know.

Its a feature, its to provide time for everyone to load in together and have the option to pick heroes at the same time.

Welp, won’t make a difference for me. I’m still the fastest instalock in the west. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

thanks for bringing this up, I was worried something may have been wrong with my PC but I suppose not, normally it’d be a network issue, but I don’t have that anymore

Thats just rediculas. If they did this on purpose then there just punishing people for having a better computer. Its not our fualt they cant afford a ssd. Its not like there expensive.

2 Likes

transparency please devs? just say if its intentional or not geeeezzzz. lol.

my only gripe is it will say “prepare your attack/defenses” then by the time i get to the hero select screen, the timer is already down by like ten-twenty seconds??? come on man…especially on defense.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an intentional “band-aid” fix for some issue Blizz was seeing at the start of matches, maybe with DCs. Like, if some one concluded that increasing the wait time resolved 50% of DC issues, I think that would be a justification for adding that longer wait time in. just a hunch.

Other than the longer wait time, I don’t think there has been any issues.

Its not about having a faster SSD or Computer. You can have the best Consumer computer in the world and still load in last. It’s how their match making works pulling in players from across an entire region to fill the Match Maker. It’s not punishing anyone at all. So you have to wait an extra 10 seconds, whoopy doo. There is things called relays and connections between the servers, ISP’s and clients. I have played other games where I was literally on top of the server, but loaded last because of how they decided to write their net protocols to allow everyone to join with a more neutral latency (lag compensation) and/or just simply to make sure the game is loaded for everyone under a specific time limit before proceeding.

I wish it wouldn’t just stay on the loading screen. They should at least give a confirmation that you are loaded and waiting. Its unsettling to be sitting there with a “dead” loading screen

2 Likes

Since you necroed this, I’ll bring this up.

1 Like

Thanks for necroing this thread. I genuinely believed my five year old SSD was starting to die (bad blocks).

But you’re not just waiting ten or twenty extra seconds. its taking away the time from when you assemble your team, which can be pretty crucial at times, especially on defense.

no its not. You have the exact amount of time as you did before this “Implemented Delay” which is 30 seconds to choose a hero on both teams. You just sit longer at the load screen of each map.

hmmm thats interesting. because sometimes (you’re right not all the time) it will take forever to load then say i have 15 to 20 seconds to choose a hero. where is that 10 to 15 seconds going if I’m supposed to have 30 seconds?