LFG is just too good

Oh bless you and your team.

Played 3 matches. Still same garbage. Uninstall it is. Goodbye

2 Likes

I’m extremely happy with this LFG. I had nothing but good fun matches today while using it, even on a loss!

Poor Jeff probably feels almost guilty, given his statement on that Stylosa interview about pretty much saying nah it’ll be fine without lfg, before the game came out. d:

The only thing that sucks is when your group loses members, and the non-group fills pick heroes that don’t compliment your team’s comp, but you’re stuck in your enforced role. That’s the price you pay with enforced roles, I suppose. I wonder if you should be able to turn off the enforced roles option mid-match.

Awesome! You guys think of everything. Can’t wait to see your solution to this issue.

Ran into it today as Winston on Junkertown. They were partially visible and could target and damage me but I couldn’t damage them. We won but it was annoying.

We’re currently filling 140~ groups a minute.

Keep in mind, the system does not show all groups all the time. It won’t show groups that are full and now queued. It also won’t show you groups outside of your skill range or latency threshold.

49 Likes

When does the 3v3 Comp season end?

1 Like

I don’t know if this was mentioned anywhere else, but what about being able to see the group SR when looking through competitive groups?

On that subject, what determines whether the sr +/- is red orange, or green? Is it just based on the set +/- amount? Like if it’s set to +/-100 it will always be green and +/- 300 will always be red? Or is it your SR compared to group’s average that makes it red, orange, or green?

5 Likes

I beg to differ :stuck_out_tongue:

What about a feature where a player can “request” to play another role. That request goes out for a vote (somewhere unobtrusive) . The rest of the team can then vote to allow it. That will accomodate for mid-match role switches when teams need to adapt.

4 Likes

Considering that I saw +/- 300 as green, I think it’s safe to say the color is determined by whether or not you fall in the range.

Can I finally try ranked after two years?

2 Likes

Just wanted to share my first experience with LFG.

I joined up a group that had locked roles. I went in as tank. We played 2cp and got completely rolled. The enemy team had nearly 6 minutes time remaining. I was waiting for the usual toxic diatribe to come in but for some reason it wasn’t present. Instead, for some reason we chose to discuss what we thought went wrong 0_o. Then I kindly asked the other tank if they wouldn’t mind switching with me because I though I could perform better than I did previously with the hero she was playing. She very kindly accepted and we swapped heroes. She did much better with Rein than I did. I did much better on D’va.

We ended up taking both points with nearly 5 minutes to spare. Then in overtime we took both points with some great communication from the team and with coordinated pushes. We held back the opponents for the nearly 6 minutes and ended up winning.

While I know this wont happen every game, this level of positivity and good communication would have never happened in a solo-Q of old. Thanks for implementing this change.

14 Likes

Is there a way to know what is being requested up front? The tank symbol in the group is for both off and main tank isn’t it?

Ah, that would make sense as to why +/- 100 is always going to be green then: because you’re not going to be further than +/- 100 away from the group average! XD

I think the +/- is from the group creator’s SR. So if I create a group, my SR is 1013, so +/- 100 is 913-1113. If your SR is within that range, it shows as green. If your SR is outside that range, then it’s red.

Icons under our player icons showing who is locked in would be nice. One of our teammates left. Not that we were mad we were on “and continued are winning streak” and we had to go team chat to communicate to the new guy next game how we were locked in our roles and in this case we really needed another dps and we couldn’t change. “Which is weird normally everyone picks Dps instantly. But maybe icons under the character in the menu showing who’s locked in would help.

3 Likes

Was it really necessary to have the roles enforced in skirmishes?

3 Likes

I’m so happy with my experience of LFG and endorsements so far, it is so incredible going from mostly solo que to this :star_struck:

I imagine your team has SO many improvements and ideas in mind for this, I’m extremely curious what some of those might include… I’m so glad to have what feels like much more positive and open communication in my games today, thank you guys so much.

I’m looking forward to the next PTR Patch :grin:

2 Likes

Jeff, can you make players to choose and lock the role BEFORE they join the group and not AFTER? since theres a significant difference in both approaches.

The big issue from my experience these days and PTR is that a lot players are competing for certain slots (Damage and Flex roles most common) and because players can only select roles a couple seconds AFTER joining the group, multiple people that joined at the same time ends up leaving if their desired role is already taken, resulting in a mass wave of leavers that make a lot of the group players that are waiting anxious and I believe this diminishes the group morale as they see people joining and leaving over and over.

I feel a way to solve this would be to make players before joining a group to be able to click and join the specific available role icon right from the Group queue list so that spot is immediately taken and to reflect the spot taken immediately so the system doesnt allow other players to join for that specific spot, that way youd have less disappointed leavers and the system would be more efficient and less annoying when youre waiting for the last spots.

5 Likes