Knockback changes have turned tanking into a nightmare

The changes make zero sense from a practical perspective. How much dev resource was spend on this? It was a non-issue for years, no one cared, I never heard a single comment - not here, not on reddit and not in game - about how “problematic” knockbacks were that heroes could move against them. Suddenly now it warrants a global change? Why?

It was informed in November CC was being looked into with intention to reduce its effects. Now they have increased it again, so what gives?

The only answer I can figure is that they are working on something related to CC and intent to change it even further, but they needed to iron out the wrinkles on the system before building on top of it. Hopefully something that actually helps with CC excess.

1 Like

pro tip: they weren’t

Eh, to Jessika’s point though, this was never really a problem though. Plus, just because something was unintended doesn’t make it bad or something that should be removed. I don’t think the case of it being a bug is a very strong case, but that’s just me I suppose.

1 Like

To make knockback NOT a buggy mess

If that really was a problem, it most likely would have not taken them years to fix it.

1 Like

I wish the entire Tank roster had varying amounts of passive knock back resistance.

75% resistance

• Reinhardt
  • Orisa

50% resistance

• Roadhog
  • Zarya

25% resistance

• Hammond
  • Winston
  • D.Va

Other then barriers and big health pools this could be another trait for the Tank class. It would certainly make playing them more bearable with so many sources for knock back in the game.

• Junkrat mines
  • Pharah conc rocket
  • Doomfist
  • Lucio boop
  • Brigitte whip shot
  • Ashe coach gun
  • Wrecking ball
  • Roadhog ultimate
  • Winston ultimate

Playing as a tank shouldn’t feel like a being a beach ball in a concert crowd. I’ve had times when playing Tank where I didn’t touch the ground for several seconds because the enemy team was chaining knock back abilities on me. Which just feels absurd when you’re playing someone like Reinhardt who probably weighs half a ton with his armor on.

3 Likes

To be able to cancel mercy rez in valkyrie because apparently it is very hard to aim at a 75% slowed down rezzing mercy so they need to add blanket change just to have more option in cancelling rez

1 Like

Pretty sure “firing” is not a defensive skill.

Before they reintroduce tank biased inconsistency they should give Orisa fortify on a recourse meter.

What’s the thinking behind this change? Oh I dunno sometimes my concussive blast sent heroes flying into a pit 30 meters away from their spot and sometimes you couldn’t even boop a Roadhog into the Ilios well even if they were standing right next to it. Rolling a D20 for crits every time you use your ability is pure toxicity in a game like this so having the boops be consistent is a very healthy change for the game.

1 Like

I like where you are going, but I would put Dva in a heavier class. The Mech needs a rocket pack to move, and have you heard its footsteps?

Movement speed reductions don’t affect knockbacks anymore, it was a bug.

What’s the problem with knockback? It happens. Is not that bad.

The fact that Dva could fly up into your face and delete you, and you couldn’t knock her away, absolutely was as problem.

You can’t boop through shields though…

If Rein has his shield up, or if you are standing behind an Orisa or Winston shield, the boop won’t do anything.

Only exception to this would be when WB comes swinging through, but that one makes sense.

I mean, I don’t think they think at all when they make these blanket changes

I am a huge unfan of the knockback change. That’s just what we needed was more boops and cc.

Or you know, Doomfist, a Pharah with slightly better than potato aim, Orisa’s halt ball doesn’t pull but goes through shields, Dva’s knockback, Winston’s primal and of course reddit Lucios.

1 Like

How dare players want control over their own movement? Jeff forbid…

DF yes, D.va, and Winston yes (forgot about those) but pharah only if it lands behind the shield, Halt isn’t a boop, and lucio cant boop through shields. Doesn’t, and shouldn’t, matter if his shield is up if he is booped from behind.