Is Genji"s dash too strong?

I would be happy with tighter hitbox for everybody and everything

Bronze take is bronze.

Fair take, though keep in mind this would also mean you’d have to significantly buff projectile speeds.

I thought you were silver ranked. Did I mix you up with someone else?

For some, yes

It isn’t possible in OW1 anyways.
The engine needs the forgiving hitboxes, otherwise hit detection would be completely off

The dash itself isn’t. The sum of other parts plus nano. It’s what breaks his thresholds.

Like discussed on another thread, if you want to improve his shuriken and dragonblade, often would mean you need to reduce the dash damage but also reduce it’s cooldown. The only “change” available for him without change anything for real, it’s decrease his cooldowns to 7. While I would advocate 2-4 seconds dash cooldown doing 5-10 damage and his shuriken damage increased to 30-32 range or about 50-60 if crits removed, while dragon blade could be 135(could be buffed from nano) or 190(but not being buffed from nano).

Having dash doing 50 damage makes him reach certain hp thresholds really easily. If you keep in mind that nano genji can deal 435 damage aoe in the first 1.4 after unleash his blade and without nano 290.

With dash doing 5-10 damage would mean 365-370 and 245-250. That initial combo it’s what makes him to be enabled to swing up 7 times instead of 6.

His dash and his initial swing it’s often what divides most of the genjis. But also some iconic gameplay for them.

So reducing his cooldowns to 7, slightly change his damage to 29 and disable nano damage boost on dragonblade not his dash. Could generate more room to him to play. Other than that they would need either mess with his initial swing on dragonblade, his dash base damage to make his other abilities more stronger.

Folks often forget that his shuriken at 28, he could deal with dash up 218. While 29 would be up 224. So going to 30 most likely he could kill 225 on his shuriken dash combo without mentioning a melee that some folks got used to do.

If you put melee on equation he could kill 250 hp targets with 29, while 28 can’t by 2. That’s mostly why improve his shuriken would be mean nerf his ult in some way if you don’t touch on dash.

Some advocate to reduce his skill ceiling, others to keep it. But to anyone who wants him get buffed, other than the slighly cooldown reduction, mostly would have to give up nano on blade or his dash damage to do so.

1 Like

nope. i mean its part of his kit and overall atm i think hes is pretty balanced but his skill ceiling is not as good as hitscan players so you dont see many top 500 genji players

do i hate genji dash hell yea lol, he gets me a lot with that as ashe or if im playing support. but i kill him plenty of times myself. a fair trade off :grin:

Calm down wood tier.

That I am, but did I mix you up with someone who was silver ranked?

I think the reason people dislike his dash is because it has a kill reset making him more evasive and harder to punish. Like imagine if doom had a kill reset for rocket punch every time he got a kill or assist.

However, i’m personally alright with genji’s dash being the way it is because flankers are suppose to be highly evasive.

Oooh plastic tier is mad.

Well I’m comfortable admitting I’m formerly a wood tier deranked to plastic, but you seem to be scared of admitting you are a silver ranked who is better than bronze.

Could care less, but when you’re done being paper tier we can talk.

Unnecessary to rank up seeing that we are already talking.

Personally I’d remove the part where it resets on a kill and where it resets when using ult.

Oof, down to air tier

Keep going. I’m just throwing games until I can feel like GM. :sunglasses:

Would that really be a change though?

You should know. You are the one making imaginary ranks thinking they are clever insults.

I meant, would it really change your thinking that you are a GM level?