Is Genji"s dash too strong?

Do you think genji’s dash is a little too strong or no ? What about his dash punch combo thing? Is it fine where it’s at or does it need a small downward nudge ? I’m curious what you guys have to say.

2 Likes

Genji isn’t doing that well right now, I don’t think he needs any nerfs.

20 Likes

Definitely not, if you think 75 damage on an 8 sec CD is too much then u are mistaken

At this point what do you guys even want genji to be good at? Dash is literally the only thing that he has going for him.

7 Likes

it’s 50

17 Likes

If there was little to no CC in the game and he was the only one with mobility then I would agree it would be strong.

But in the games state it is mandatory.

I am 100% certain that Swift Strike is 50 damage.

4 Likes

I don’t give dash too much thought, so I’m gonna say no it isn’t strong.

Dash punch combo is like 80 dmg, also not strong.

A full shuriken dash punch combo can do 248 damage. THAT, is strong, but also extremely hard to pull off.

Even worse. It’s less then I imagined

2 Likes

Nah his dash is fine as is.

Genji is a bottom tier DPS rn. He’s pretty awful. It’s perfectly fine.

3 Likes

No but am open to making to where you have to do an X amount of damage to the target to proc a dash reset, in exchange for a 6 or 7 second CD

Rocket punch is 4 seconds, fade is 6 seconds, dva boosters is 4, helix rocket got reduced from 8 to 6. I understand the issue of making it too low but I just think the way the game has evolved the ability isnt great

No, leave dash alone. It’s fine as it is and doesnt need ANY CHANGES other than QoL changes. THATS IT.

1 Like

A tracer blink that does damage to all in it’s path, with a cooldown refresh on kill. Terribly designed, but not OP. (At least not much.)

1 Like

I honestly expect blizz to buff its damage instead of something reasonable like +1 to shuriken. Gotta bow down to the design overlords because character uniqueness and vision and stuff.

Dash being slightly too good is what’s keeping him afloat tbh.

Though I would like the rest of his kit to be rebalanced and Dash to be properly reworked (remove reset mechanic, replace with 2 Charges, maybe nerf damage and distance per Strike, buff functionality so he can do U-turns/L-turns/etc with 2 charges).

1 Like

If Dash was to be reworked like this then blade will be pointless. It is heavily reliant on dash reset to be able to swap between targets.

(17 characters.)

But unlike blink it’s not instant, doesn’t have multiple charges, and has a much higher cooldown

3 Likes

My issue with dash is how large the hitbox is for this skill. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve died to a Genji dashing and I’m just in the corner of their screen’s LOS. I have also done this many times to others as Genji in the small amount of game-time I have on the hero.

Refresh on kill is the cooldown, slower than instant is still fast.

1 Like