I'm only connecting to Brazil servers from NA

Hi,
I am having an issue where I only connect to Brazilian servers from NA (I am in Connecticut). It started today but wasn’t an issue last night. It causes 1000+ ping and the inability to communicate with my team. I don’t think I am unique in having these problems as in each game I join there are 1-2 other Americans as confused as me about the issues. Hoping for a fix soon!

It appears Canadians are having the same issues: Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency

Edit:
It appears the other thread I linked to got a response: Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency - #12 by Zuvykree

Edit 2:
There appear to be 2 separate cases of high latency.

1. issues coming from Canadians connected to Bell ISP. This is the thread linked to above.
  2. Issues coming from people connected to school networks. This thread.

Edit 3:
Canadians have found a fix for their issues, but I still have nothing for the USA.

5 Likes

Hey CptKerbal250,

We have received similar reports and it seems like it’s related to school / university networks. This is something we are investigating but if possible, try testing a different network, such as a mobile hotspot.

2 Likes

yes, happening as well to me and my roommate who both play overwatch at csu east bay. However, I’m 4200 playing in west coast games and still getting 180 ping.

I live in toronto and all my games are at 260 ping consistently.

Hey Xilous,

Your issue is related to this situation. Keep an eye on that thread for any updates.

1 Like

No, this is happening to me, and I am not connected to a school/university network. Near Toronto, Bell ISP.

1 Like

Hey Monocyte,

We are investigating reports of players from Canada and north-west US getting routed to Australia servers. This appears to be a different issue than US school networks routing to South America.

Keep an eye on the Canada Bell thread here.

1 Like

All my teammates are speaking Portuguese.

3 Likes

It’s possible that your connection is routing from Canada to Australia and then to South America. However, that’s still related to the Canadian Bell thread which is being investigated. Let’s try to keep these issues separate.

1 Like

Happening to me at Cal State Northridge. Qeueing for over 20 mins and still not finding a game

Okay, any word on when a possible fix will be out? It seems that it is affecting other blizzard games too.

I am having this issue too. I normally connect to ORD1 but instead am connecting to SAC1 with 200 ping, but when I try to join my friends game on ORD1 I also get 200ping. I am not located in Canada however, but am located in the southern part of America. I submitted a ticket to Blizzard support but they were unable to fully solve the issue.

Edit: It seems to be bouncing me around between SAC1 and SAA1 now.

Edit2: So when I group up with my friends that are also NA East, after joining a server and waiting a min my ping goes back down to what it normally is before this, but there is a spike after joining said game.

In Ohio. Hardwired to campus network. Any timeline as to when this may be solved?

It’s happening to me. I’m getting 210 latency and I’m connected to my university’s network via Ethernet.

I’m sitting at 300-400 ping in games all of the sudden as well, Northwest Territories Canada, But I’m hard wired at home no campus.

They fixed your issue on the Canada thread. You can power cycle your router and be fine apparently. The link is at the top.

this started to happend to me like 2 weeks ago, and im still getting queue only in Sael1 who is a brazillian server. usually i went to US servers all the time. How do routing for this servers work if im not even near Brazil.

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.