Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency

Try closing overwatch, then uninstalling the battle net app, and then reinstalling it from the blizzard website. Launch the game like normal and test to see if it solved the issue. I was also being redirected to brazil servers and suffering high ping. I am located very close to Canada in the north east US. After uninstalling and reinstalling the battle net app, I was directed to the correct US servers and now have normal ping

Can confirm. It’s fixed. From Manitoba.

ITS FIXED (not for everyone but for me!) i refreshed multiple times and im back in the canadian bracked area! like the CS said POWERCYCLE!

1 Like

Fixed here. Thank you for your work.

1 Like

CAN CONFIRM: Reset router and launch OW. Should be back on normal servers. Thanks to Rspen69 for the tip.

1 Like

Any fixes for the people in the US on campuses? Still waiting on a response.

1 Like

Fixed for me too… Restarted router. Thank you so much. Whatever it was, Thank you!

1 Like

Hey hey!

Looking at our end and with all the reports we are seeing here looks like things are cleared up. If you are still experiencing high latency please start a new thread or put in a tech ticket so we can figure out what’s going on for you.

For the Universities they should be fixed up as well, but a powercycle might need to happen on the network to clear things out.

Thanks for all the reports everyone!

Thanks! I will check tomorrow. Busy night for you guys I guess, Good Luck!

If your campus allows personal routers, I highly recommend looking into bringing one with you. Brought one down here from home and it’s made things easier. Hope your issues are resolved soon!

Nah they don’t let us have any networking gear. The network is usually great anyways. Glad to see your problems got fixed.

Ottawa Canada user here, here’s my WinMTR and Traceroute:

Nevermind, I uninstalled Blizzard app and now My ping is back to normal. Problem with blizzard’s app?

Thanks Blizzard! Nice work! :+1:

What’s a powercycle?

I’m in Nova Scotia and my boyfriend and I have BOTH been getting lag spikes completely on random? on the same internet. Only in overwatch… it’s been really weird. We’ve never had an issue with our ping before. In fact we have the fastest available in our province, we try to never have to deal with lag like anyone else does lol but the past couple weeks it’s been random spikes. 2 other friends (NS and AB) are also having the same thing… interesting…

Now I know why I had 300+ ping the last couple times I tried playing. I thought I was getting routed to servers in Asia or something.

This is fixed now right?
I logged on for like 5 mins and went into the practice range and my ping was like normal, but maybe it was a dream. Someone check for me!

1 Like

Went into practice range myself, seems to be back to normal for me as well (I’m in the Quebec province).

1 Like

Howdy!

This issue was resolved late last night. Please note that some users may need to Power Cycle the home’s modem and router to pick up changes. Locking this thread as this issue is resolved. If you continue to experience latency make sure to troubleshoot Here, then start a new thread.

Thank you.