Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency

Not that many people would think to go to the forums. There are also a couple posts on the subreddit.

in Montreal. Average 40-60ms daily playing WoW, D3, HoTS. Today I’ve been above 260 in all games. Even Hearthstone is laggy!

Come on guys

So campus networks worked perfectly fine up until today…? Sounds like they’re brushing that issue off to someone else. Been on campus network for 2 years now, this is the first issue I have had with it and OW.

1 Like

@retsgan-1147 It has something to do with the patch, but I am actually believing that the US people with issues are all campus network related as nobody has found a case where that is not true. This is the thread for that issue: I'm only connecting to Brazil servers from NA

I’m in the same boat as retsgan. Been using campus network perfectly fine for so long, how did this happen?

2 Likes

Yeah. Me too. This issue is being addressed on a different thread: I'm only connecting to Brazil servers from NA

Manitoba.
Any update on this issue yet? QP is miserable with the 200ms. Playing Total Mayhem is a little bit less sufferable as, you know, it is Total Mayhem so accuracy is not a huge deal. Hoping they will fix this soon.

If it is from the patch, and it is solely campus based networks in the US, wth was in the patch that ONLY affects campus networks?

Not sure, but I sure hope it is fixable. I want the rest of my loot boxes. Just make sure you reply to the support guy on the other thread so he sees that it is indeed just campus networks in the USA.

1 Like

Whatever the underlying cause of the issue(s) are, it’s ridiculous. Every patch release there are new issues that arise that were not there before.

1 Like

Sounds good, I’ll head over there and do that now.

I read the replies above, so I have to wait for Bell to fix this? Oh boy this is gonna take a week.

I highly doubt its Bell and/or the campus networks. Seems to be something on Blizzard’s end. Seems like we will just have to play the waiting game and pay attention to the forum(s)/social media.

RESTART YOUR ROUTER, I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS. MY INTERNET CUT OUT AND I NEEDED TO RESTART ROUTER AND NOW EVERYTHING IS FIXED I AM AT 56 PING LIKE USUAL. IT MIGHT NOT HELP EVERYONE BUT TRY IT! IF IT WORKS THEN IT WORKS IF NOT IM SORRY. but seriously i just tried it and im fine now

oh lemme try this really quick and update on this.

I’ve restarted the router, battle.net client, and PC numerous times with no improvement. Seems like you just got lucky mate. Go buy a lotto ticket.

like i said it worked for me. might not work for all give it a try though!

LOL 1 more year and i would rn

1 Like

I’ll try resetting the router again depending on what Bois comes back and says.

Lucky for you! I would restart my router but it would disconnect my entire campus. LOL