I don't think Genji's weak

no i was saying i was climbing fast and when i stated to not dominated i was settling into my rank high plat low diamond

Couldn’t find either though his reaction to his nerf is funny, also he was also like it’s too much.

Good work, so basically even ML7 thinks it was too much, particularly on the damage breakpoint aspects.

2 Likes

I have watched ans streams but also his OWL games. In season 3 or 4 he was the best widow but never took close range positions. Why? Carpe was also top 3 Widow in season 1 but never did that as well. The only one who was really pepega with positioning was Pine in season 1 and that was NYXL was on a different level which allowed him to troll.

Good Widows don’t roll over when you get close. That’s not that same as being good at close range. Otherwise all the good Widows would adopt that play style for more flexible angles.

I find it interesting that you can get a good read of the skill level of a player from the way they describe Genji. There’s not a lot of heroes you can do that with.

3 Likes

You also ignored that he thinks Genji will be fine and we will have to ‘wait and see’.

Also by the way, Genji had -30- damage shurikens at one point as well.

Then according to the wiki it got nerfed back down to 28 only 14 days later. Which I guess had a twitter post about it.

https://overwatch.fandom.com/wiki/Genji#Overwatch_1

So clearly Genji doesn’t need 29, or 30 damage shurikens. They should of just left him at 28 instead of ever buffing him.

So by “everyone” you mean just the very vocal minority on the forums that hates when Genji is doing well. Genji had 29 damage shurikens for a really long time. It wasn’t new with Overwatch 2, he got 0 changes. And the change from 28 dmg to 29 dmg was paired with an equal nerf to his blade breakpoints. Guess they forgot to get rid of that cuz his blade damage is still 110, despite his shuriken damage now being lower than they were to begin with :rofl: theres a reason the new meme is “better nerf genji!” most people know the barrage of nerfs he got with 0 compensation was way over the top. Meanwhile heroes like Sojourn who were doing WAY better than him at the time hardly got anything.

1 Like

Prove it was a vocal minority.

I’ll wait.

We also had two tanks when he had 29 damage shurikens for a long time. It clearly became oppressive in OW2. Things change when the game changes, imagine that.

I think Sojourn is more dumb than Genji, but hey pop off queen.

Prove that it wasn’t? You’re the one speaking for “everyone”. 99% of the time whenever you see genji hate like this its on the forums. Because it’s filled with support mains.

K well you’re acting like he just got these buffs or smth when they’ve existed for a long time. It wasn’t oppressive btw, the main thing it did was give him breakpoints to oneshot squishies with 3xheadshot and a melee. That’s really not a concern for the majority of players because gold Genjis were not doing that. They really just needed to touch the DPS movement passive because it was extremely good on him, and buff his counters who weren’t getting played but w/e

The fact is that every single time Genji is actually good, he lasts 3-4 weeks and gets nerfed because hes a pubstomper hero and bad players cant deal with him. Other DPS are allowed to be good and have much higher kill potential like Tracer / Echo / Cree / etc. etc.

That’s not how this works. Try again.

No? I am saying he doesn’t need 29 damage shurikens in current OW. He didn’t get 29 damage shurikens until around OW2. He had 28 damage Shurikens for a long time. Stop lying please.

If you are so good with him, then you won’t be ‘pubstomping bad players’. You’d be in masters/gm/t500.

Any hero can pubstomp in Quickplay.

He already has kill potential, you just don’t like it.

If any DPS needs changes/buffs before him it is absolutely reaper for example.

Lol real talk tho even the genji voice actor hates moira liek i think everyone hate a specific hero and mercy and gneji get it the most due to being popular.

No, that is how it works bud. You make a claim, prove it. Try again.

LMAO guy, his shurikens were buffed to 29 in August 2021. Over a year before Overwatch 2 came out. One quick search would prove that. Stop lying.

I am GM tho :rofl: others aren’t and are getting pubstomped by random Genjis and crying about it. Like you are doing rn.

His solo kill potential is complete trash and honestly not worth the time or effort. I can just go Echo and do twice as much for half the effort. Or McCree, whos way easier than both of them lol.

1 Like

YOU made the claim. You are the one that said it was a vocal minority, not me. Try again child.

And? That wasn’t that long, AND it was when OW had two tanks.

Except I am not crying about Genji right now, and no you aren’t pubstomping with genji in GM rofl.

Me disagreeing that he needs 29 damage shurikens does not equal crying. Grow up.

Then get good.

:sunglasses:

??? You were the one that that initially made the claim that “everyone” hated it. I disagreed. That means YOU gotta prove it lmao. Calling people “child” makes you look pretty immature btw

You just said the change was made “around OW2” and I just proved that it wasn’t. Yeah, a year and a few months is a pretty long time for a change to be in place lol.

Never said I was pubstomping with him in GM. You said I should be GM if I was pubstomping bad players, I said I was. Not in GM. Also I like how mad you’re getting over someone with a different opinion lmao. I’ve seen you in this whole thread crying and being rude to anybody who disagrees with you.

I mean sure u can that or w/e, but that doesn’t change the fact that heroes like Echo / Sojourn/ McCree are just way better heroes than Genji and quite frankly there’s no reason to play him rn when those options exist. What’s your rank btw? If you don’t mind me asking? :wink:

I’m just going to do what ya’ll do. Ignore everything posted and tell the player who is having a problem to…

Get good.

When did I do that? I’ve addressed everything. Looks like you don’t have anything else to say and you know you’re wrong. Thanks for playing!

Nah, I’ve responded to what you have had to say. I wasn’t rude until people were rude to me. So I am going to continue to be like every DPS poster in this forum.

Sounds like a player issue.

Don’t make crap up about ML7.

2 Likes

I’m not. I don’t feel like going through all his vods to find the times he complained about it.

I watch his streams regularly. He’s not the kind of guy who cries about balance constantly like Samito. His streams are usually just positive fun.

1 Like