I don't think Genji's weak

When did I do that? I’ve addressed everything. Looks like you don’t have anything else to say and you know you’re wrong. Thanks for playing!

Nah, I’ve responded to what you have had to say. I wasn’t rude until people were rude to me. So I am going to continue to be like every DPS poster in this forum.

Sounds like a player issue.

:sunglasses:

Don’t make crap up about ML7.

2 Likes

I’m not. I don’t feel like going through all his vods to find the times he complained about it.

I watch his streams regularly. He’s not the kind of guy who cries about balance constantly like Samito. His streams are usually just positive fun.

1 Like

You’re right, he doesn’t cry like Samito. He makes one, maybe two offhand comments about it and continues. He doesn’t harp on it for an entire stream. He isn’t Flats, Samito, or SVB. It is one of two reasons I watch him.

Every hero spams to some extent, but its not central to their gameplay like it is with Genji. He does also have the 2nd best spam in the game. The fan catches all AD strafing. The burst forms a line of damage enemies will strafe into even if it missed. Kiriko you still need to actually track their strafe and accurately aim if you want to hit anything.

And, no, it has nothing to do with the sound, its their playstyle. He is in the open most of the time bc that’s what his abilities are designed for him to do. Double jump spam and deflect makes it much safer for Genji to just be out in the open where other heroes would get lit up, so that’s where he plays. Like I said, he literally will stand still in the open deflecting. Nothing ninja-like about it. Kiriko is sneakier bc she has to be. She doesn’t have the kit to be out in the open all the time or just brute force dash into an enemy.

Almost every projectile hero spam as central part of their gameplay. What do you think Echo does in neutral? Spam. Hanzo? Spam. Junkrat? Spam. Mei? Spam if at range. Pharah? Spam. Sojourn? Spam to build rail. Torb? Spam. Zen? Spam. Kiri? Spam (healing or attack). That’s what you do with projectile heroes. Bullets are an infinite resource. You don’t need to make each bullet count.

And almost every projectile heroes will get a greater return than Genji if they all spam simply due to having superior damage/fire rate, including kiri. Spamming with Genji and landing 1 or 2 shuriken is like 50 dmg. It’s barely more than kiri’s body shot less than Zen’s too (w/discord), and he shoots slower than both.

I mean, I guess you can say Genji’s fan allows him to hit targets sometimes even if the crosshair isn’t on them, but that’s what spread does. D.Va benefits from this too, as does, doom, as does Orisa, as does Sigma, as does Ball, Sombra, Reaper, Tracer or really just any hero whose weapon has spread. You can AD strafe in front of them and some of the bullets will still catch you even if their aim is off, because of the weapon spread.

1 Like

His ult is too much for non mobile heros and supports though .

That’s exactly why he is a spam hero. Where other heroes would get 0 damage unless its spot on, Genji is gets fractional damage even on misses. Both patterns of the shuriken are perfect for at least landing 1-2 on both long range and short range misses. The fact that shuriken are also so slow also is a buff to spam to give more time for enemies to strafe into the shuriken. His shuriken are nearly perfectly optimized for spam. Other projectile heroes do spam, but they aren’t built for spam like Genji is.

And Genji’s damage is actually incredibly good. Its one of the best on the dps roster. 1 burst is 81 bodyshot damage. That’s more than a max damage scoped Ashe shot. Except she has a movement speed penalty for that damage, while Genji gets a speed boost. Its also higher than Cassidy, Echo, Torb, Kiriko, Bap, Mei, etc. Literally just 1 headshot with Genji + dash one shots any 200 HP hero.

They literally designed him with extremely high primary fire weapon damage, but balanced it with projectiles optimized for spam instead of intentional shots. So the gameplay is to sit back and spam away until you get lucky (or build ult) and mindlessly dash in for a free kill. Practically the opposite of a ninja. Only junkrat has lower effort spam. Kiriko is literally the opposite. You either get 2 totally independent headshots in a row or you might as well be tickling them. She has no free damage. No other hero has that high of a demand for headshots, which require precise aim. Hanzo is more comparable to Kiriko than Genji. Hanzo also is always going for headshots and also doesn’t have get-out-of-jail-free abilities like Genji, but at least Hanzo can hit bodyshots for excellent damage too and has abilities to help him.

Genji is not weak lol. He’s dogpoop.

I don’t understand why when I risk and dash into 4-5 people and land a triple headshot on a support/dps they don’t die. It doesn’t make sense.
I also don’t understand why my dragonblade can’t kill a target if he’s being pocketed. It doesn’t make any sense why primary/secondary fire would be stronger than an ultimate.

His damage is very very bad and very unreliable. He SHOULD be rewarded for landing sick shots and not stay there like a sitting duck to get naded, slept, stunned, shattered, headshotted etc etc etc. If I fail my shots, it’s understandable, but currently you can’t even oneshot 200 hp with tripleheadshot + melee, a joke.

They took away his burst damage AND his sustained damage. Do you know how many times I’ve had to reload in the face of a pocketed Sojourn that survived with 10 hp because I had no ammo?

You can’t even kill a reaper with triple-headshot, dash + melee. What a joke of a character. He’s basically a nano-blade bot (cause naked blade is a throw ability unless you’re 1v1).

1 Like

Good Joke… Its not that hard a combo to pull off…

Almost every support has an answer for dragon blade like what are you talking about.

Then what is this combos distance changes for every hero and soem models like kiriko for example you have ot be behind to be consistent with this combo you need to understand how to approach every hero with it differently so again ill ask whats a harder combo

Tripleheadshot + dash or Dash + tripleheadshot is easy?

Please show my a video of you practicing that combo vs moving/strafing targets. I bet you’d get 1/20 right.

But you don’t need to be spot on with other heroes because their projectiles are of bigger size which means easier to land. And Echo’s weapon spread also functionally allows you to hit target even if you miss, as does Junkrat’s grenade mechanics, and Pharah’s rocket splash damage. Shuriken being slow is not a “buff” as that means the projectiles become easy to dodge. Enemies catching your bullets (as opposed to you hitting them) is a misplay on their part and cannot be relied upon as a reliable way of doing damage for Genji.

81 bodyshot damage is actually not that good given shuriken’s mechanic and fire rate. Ashe can consistently output more damage than Genji, at least at range. Genji does good damage but it comes from landing all shurikens hs, not spam for 1-3 shurikens on the body. And landing all shuriken in head is for all intents and purposes, impossible at range. His good damage comes from playing up close. Like you can’t just look at the damage of one single attack and be like “Genji does more damage than Ashe.” You went into great length to explain how Genji’s weapon mechanics make him spam friendly, extend the same courtesy to other weapons and analyze them honestly, taking into account of ammo capacity, reload speed, projectile size, projectile travel speed, weapon spread, etc.

Genji with the spam play style is actually so non-threatening because of how bad the shurikens are for that purpose. It just means the Genji player has no confidence in his mechanics/skills to play his natural play style and instead is relying on blade. These are bad Genjis and you should not be dying to them outside of nanoblade.

Also kiriko does require some aim to land shots but don’t blown it out of proportion. The projectile size goes a long way. She can be less accurate than Genji or Hanzo and still be landing headshots.

1 Like