Hey devs when can we get the game editor ❔

You talked in the past about continuously adding on to the custom games options. Well I’m requesting the editor the devs use for Hero customization. Custom games are nice but they don’t offer anywhere near the level of customization I want to experiment with. I want an editor with Warcraft 3 & Starcraft 2 levels of customization.

It would also be great if abilities that were removed from the game were available in the editor as well.

• Bastion’s frontal barrier
  • Reaper’s soul globes
  • Symmetra’s old teleporter, shield generator, photon shield, and deployable photon shield
  • Torbjorn’s armor packs, ultimate, level 1 & 3 turrets
  • Hanzo’s Scatter Arrow
  • Mercy’s Mass Resurrect

That’s all I can remember with my bad memory.

Anyway you said you’d look at custom games to look for possible changes to add to the main game. The problem with that is you can’t really do any precision changes in custom games settings and some things you can’t even change.

• If I wanted to give Junkrat an additional charge to his Trap and revert the nerf to his projectile size I couldn’t do that.

• If I wanted to give Symmetra 50 additional health in the form of shields I couldn’t do that.

• If I wanted to Tweak Reaper’s wraith form by giving it a resource meter or charges and making it function similar to Junkrat’s tire (faster with wall climb) I couldn’t do that.

• If I wanted to swap out health, armor, or shields on a hero I couldn’t do that.

• If I wanted to give Bastion his frontal barrier and allow him to do headshots again I couldn’t do that.

There’s so many things I would like to try but can’t because the current custom games are so limited. We just have generic options with sliders for every hero whether or not those options can even apply to that hero. So how about giving us the proper tools to do actual hero balance changes.

2 Likes