For the love of God nerf Tracer already

How many times do we have to say it, this character is OP just accept it already and do something about it, stop protecting your baby.

After taking back a lot of the buff to other heroes it is only fair that they do the same to Tracer. Their reason for nerfing them was power creep and Tracer’s buff is the definition of power creep and needs to be taken back just like the others, anything else will be favoritism and hypocrisy on the developers part.

722 Likes

ive had a recent string of annoying tracers but i usually just switch to moira or hog to kill her

107 Likes

How is she OP?

Post must be 20 characters filler

132 Likes

She needs actual counters not a nerf. Luckily we have Sombra and a couple other hero buffs coming to PTR, most of which can do some decent work VS her.

150 Likes

Tracer is fine! she has a high skill cap.

She has 150 hp. Just swat her like a mosquito

192 Likes

Can you atleast tell us why you want someone nerfed besides “waah! Tracer killed me so I want her nerfed!”

And dont go and say she has no counters cause Moira, Winston, Sombra, Pharah (how is tracer gonna damage her?), Torbjorn, and Symmetra all say hi.

EDIT: I’m surprised I’m still getting likes and notifications about this, so I’ll add Brigitte to this list.

134 Likes

I don’t think that she’s OP. I like the idea of having at least one completely static character that never receives any nerfs or buffs. Tracer is that character.

It gives you a reference point.

47 Likes

I don’t think she’s OP. We just lack heroes that can effectively deal with her (e.g. area denial heroes that limits her movements without fully negating them)

22 Likes

I’d like to see Tracer’s health restoration removed from her recall ability. IMO it’s one of the most gimmicky abilities in the game. Though it cannot get her out of every single situation, it’s as close to a get-out-of-jail-free card in the game as it gets.

63 Likes

Symmetra does not counter Tracer; she is out-ranged and out-damaged.
Winston is a soft counter at best, and maybe not even that.
Pharah can’t be killed by her very easily, but she also can’t kill Tracer very easily. It’s a pretty neutral matchup.

84 Likes

Oh please, Tracer does not have good range, plus Symmetra has Photon Barrier.
Can you explain how winston is a soft counter at best? he destroys tracer in my experiences.
I do agree with you on pharah however.

14 Likes

when you’re OP and need more counters but literally half the heroes in the game are capable of 1HKOing you

49 Likes

Just counter her with Moira or something.

8 Likes

I mean he does love peanut butter.

hi there

5 Likes

I don’t disagree, but next time elaborate, because just saying she is OP won’t help devs to see your point, so you will be just ignored probably.

You can elaborate even this time if you edit your post. Good luck!

13 Likes

I mean they could have at least posted a suggestion, but rather it just is clear, blunt rage.

7 Likes

Tracer doesn’t need to have good range to counter Sym, like all heroes, she just needs to have better range than she does. And she does. Her blinks are not effected by the slowing effect of her turrets, so she can just whizz through a whole room of them with barely a scratch. She’s also one of the best candidates for destroying her ultimates.

Winston is too fat and too slow to be a reliable Tracer counter. Once again, Tracer has the advantage in damage, range, and mobility. Once Winston commits with his leap, Tracer can blink away and just avoid him, all the while nailing damage into his large hitbox to farm her pulsebomb. Hes also an incredibly easy target for said pulsebomb. He can keep her off his supports all right, but he’s basically stuck when it comes to actually killing her.

36 Likes

Blinks dont matter when you have auto - lock. What i’m talking about is that Tracer cant run away from symmetra’s beam (not talking about turrets here) without suffering from huge falloff damage, plus symmetra has her Photon Shield that I mentioned.

I don’t think being too slow is a bad thing since Tracer has to get up close to do a lot of damage. to avoid being shot at after leaping, you can always use your shield that will make tracer have to be inside it to be able to hurt you whatsoever.

3 Likes

its not that tracer/(genji) is OP
its that current;y the characters that originally would keep them in check have become a bit underpowered thous underused

so dood wait a week tor till the sombra/mei changes come around
and a few weeks after that the sym/torb and whater else they got planed in the pipeline cough Meta changing Hero 27 cough

12 Likes

I don’t think Tracer’s OP, I just think her animations are really jerky. I mean, all characters have really jerky animations but Tracer is one of the few that actually takes advantage of it. Her hitbox just sways so much to the point where she effectively dodges headshots by spamming ADAD.

5 Likes